Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
C
coryj Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I sold him this pelican case:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread..._pelican_1720_and_x_mark_pro#Post6983748

Unfortunately I shipped the item prior to receiving the funds (stupid I know) and now he is not responding to my emails. I don't see many negative feedback threads on the campfire, but here is a list of our communications like they do on ar15.com.

These exchanges were all via PM on 24hourcampfire.
10/20 @ 9:40 p.m.
Sir,
Would you take $150 shipped for the pelican?
Todd

10/21 @ 6:24 a.m.
Thanks for the offer, but I won't let it go for $150.
Cory
10/22 @ 11:55 a.m.
Hi Todd,
If you are still interested, I can meet you in the middle at $160 shipped.
Thanks,
Cory

10/22 @ 3:19 p.m.
Deal!
(personal name and address removed)
I'll get a money order in the mail tomorrow.
Thx,
Todd

10/22 @ 4:10 p.m.
Sounds good. Send to:
(my name and address removed)
You can email me if you need anything, I don't spend alot of time on this forum these days. (email removed)

Cory

From this point forward we conversed via email.
10/25 @ 1:25 p.m.
Cory,
The money went out in the mail this morning. Sorry it was a little later than I intended.
Todd
10/25 @ 8:57 p.m.
No problem. I'll let you know when it arrives.
Cory

10/30 @ 8:03 p.m.
Cory,
I was just wondering what the status is.

Thx,
Todd
10/30 @ 8:15 p.m.
Todd,

Nothing in the mail as of today. Yesterday I received a money order from a guy in Florida that was sent on Tuesday of last week for some ammo I sold on ar15.com. I'm not sure if this storm has affected the mail at all, but I imagine I'll get your payment tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. I'll keep you apprised of the status and provide tracking info when I ship the case.

Thanks again,
Cory

10/30 @ 9:28 p.m.
Okay, that sounds good Cory. I'm sure the storm has everything backed up!

Thx,
Todd
11/1 @ 5:31 p.m.
Todd,

There was nothing in the mail yesterday or today. Storm or no storm this is getting ridiculous, a carrier pigeon could have delivered the mail quicker. I'll keep an eye out for it, but on the off chance if it gets returned to you, let me know.

Thanks,
Cory
11/1 @ 6:06 p.m. (this email was in response to Todd�s earliest email saying payment had been sent. His earliest email was from his work account which happened to be a federal law enforcement agency and subsequent emails were from a yahoo account)
Todd,

I was looking back at this email to see when you said that the payment was sent and noticed your email address. Only "(his full name)" shows up in my inbox. Anyway, I noticed the xxxxxxxxx.gov extension and am going to ship the case tomorrow with the assumption that the payment will arrive soon.
I'm a XXXXXXXXXXXX in Virginia. That's neither here nor there though, had I known you were law enforcement I would have shipped immediately. I'll get you tracking info to you tomorrow and let you know when the payment arrives.

Thanks,
Cory

(the above email was edited with agency and his full name removed and another piece of info about my agency that could be identifying)
11/1 @ 6:24 p.m.
No problem Cory. Thanks for the trust though! (agency name removed) is a tough gig! Stay safe out there and thanks again.
I am pretty surprised that you have not received that $$$ yet. I don't remember what day I sent it, but it was the day after we made the deal. It should be there by now!
Let me know.
Todd
11/2 @ 3:38 p.m.
Todd,
The case went out today via Fedex. I attached a scanned copy of the receipt and shipping label. I'll let you know when I receive payment.

Thanks again,
Cory

11/2 @ 3:53 p.m.

Cory, it may not have actually got out until 10/26. I have had stuff floating out there longer, but it should be there by now.

Just keep me posted and I will do the same.
11/3 @ 11:05 p.m.
Todd,
Your earliest email in this thread said that payment went out on 10/25 and then your most recent email said possibly 10/26. Regardless, it's still not here as of today. Even if payment went out on 10/26 it has still been 8 days.
Please advise.
Cory

11/4 @ 1:00 p.m.
Cory,

I sent payment out on either the 25th or 26th. I do not remember exactly. Even if it was on the 25th, it probably would not have cleared my small local Post Office until the 26th.

My integrity is worth a hell of a lot more than $160.00! Unfortunately, the payment I sent you was cash. My fault, but getting a money order is a pain in the ass! I work at least 10 hours per day and don't have a bunch of spare time to hang out at a post office.

I have conducted a lot of "business" utilizing the 24 Hour Campfire and have never had any issues. I have sent thousands of dollars to sellers on their word, and have never been stung. There is always the first time I guess.

I appreciate your frustration, and only have your word to go on as well. In hind sight I guess I should have sent it registered, but again, that would necessitate dealing with the bureaucracy and the resulting wait times at a post office.

Do what you feel is right. I will immediately return your case upon its arrival. My integrity is too valuable to "screw" a guy out of $160.

Sincerely,
Todd
11/5 @10:54 a.m.
Todd,
I can appreciate that your integrity is worth more than $160, which is why I shipped the case prior to receiving payment. I also realize that most people don�t have time to hang out in post offices, but a USPS money order offers the most protection for buyers and sellers. That alone makes it worth the time it takes to get one.
I too have sent thousands of dollars (and received thousands of dollars) through various sites. Mainly AR15.com, snipershide, vaguntrader.com, m4.carbine.net, glocktalk, and to a lesser extent 24hourcampfire (my username is coryj or coryd on all of these sites and with the exception of one negative on ar15.com I have all positive feedback).
Out of all the firearms and equipment I have sold/purchased I have only sent/received a handful of cash payments. I�ll send cash for $50 or less because that�s the amount that I have arbitrarily set as what I�m willing to risk losing. I had a guy on 24hourcampfire send me $500 in cash stuffed inside of a calendar for a Remington 700 223 that I sold him last year, I couldn�t believe it.

I also have never been �stung� and am hopeful that I haven�t been in this instance. As far as doing what I feel is right, the only thing I can do is let you know if payment arrives, as I have already completed my end of the transaction.
Cory
11/5 @ 3:21 p.m.
Cory,

I was able to go to the Post Office this morning and explained the situation to them.

They told me that a two week delivery time would not be unexpected at all on any east coast location due to the storm.
I'm not making excuses, I just don't want you thinking the worst.

Let's give it to the end of the week?

Todd
11/5 @ 6:02 p.m.
Todd,
I have no problem waiting, in fact I hope the money shows up as I would rather have that than the case. I hate the thought of relisting the case and having to pay to ship it a second time.
I'll let you know if it arrives.
Cory
11/5 @ 6:06 p.m.
I'm right there with ya!
11/8 @ 5:58 p.m.
Todd,
Tracking shows that the case was delivered today. I still have not received payment, let me know how you want to proceed. Like I said earlier, I would rather have payment than have the case shipped back to me. Even if I get the case back, I am still out the cost of shipping.
Thanks,
Cory

11/11 @ 6:46 p.m.
Todd,
I did not receive any response to the email that I sent on Thursday (which I have forwarded to you). I still have not received payment, which is troubling; however, what is more troubling is the lack of communication which has developed. You responded to all emails in a prompt manner while we were arranging for the transaction, but now there has been no response after 3 days. You have received the case and I still have not been paid. While I hope everything is okay on your end I do need an answer soon on how you intend to rectify this situation.
Thanks,
Cory

In one email he said it went out on 10/25 and then later said it went out on 10/26. He then tells me that the post office said 2 weeks may be normal given the storms we were having at the time and asks me to wait until the weekend. I think this was because he knew the case would be delivered by then and knew that I wouldn't be able to re-route delivery or have it held.

Deal with him at your own risk, I know I won't ever again.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by coryj
I sold him this pelican case:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread..._pelican_1720_and_x_mark_pro#Post6983748

Unfortunately I shipped the item prior to receiving the funds (stupid I know) and now he is not responding to my emails. I don't see many negative feedback threads on the campfire, but here is a list of our communications like they do on ar15.com.

These exchanges were all via PM on 24hourcampfire.
10/20 @ 9:40 p.m.
Sir,
Would you take $150 shipped for the pelican?
Todd

10/21 @ 6:24 a.m.
Thanks for the offer, but I won't let it go for $150.
Cory
10/22 @ 11:55 a.m.
Hi Todd,
If you are still interested, I can meet you in the middle at $160 shipped.
Thanks,
Cory

10/22 @ 3:19 p.m.
Deal!
(personal name and address removed)
I'll get a money order in the mail tomorrow.
Thx,
Todd

10/22 @ 4:10 p.m.
Sounds good. Send to:
(my name and address removed)
You can email me if you need anything, I don't spend alot of time on this forum these days. (email removed)

Cory

From this point forward we conversed via email.
10/25 @ 1:25 p.m.
Cory,
The money went out in the mail this morning. Sorry it was a little later than I intended.
Todd
10/25 @ 8:57 p.m.
No problem. I'll let you know when it arrives.
Cory

10/30 @ 8:03 p.m.
Cory,
I was just wondering what the status is.

Thx,
Todd
10/30 @ 8:15 p.m.
Todd,

Nothing in the mail as of today. Yesterday I received a money order from a guy in Florida that was sent on Tuesday of last week for some ammo I sold on ar15.com. I'm not sure if this storm has affected the mail at all, but I imagine I'll get your payment tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. I'll keep you apprised of the status and provide tracking info when I ship the case.

Thanks again,
Cory

10/30 @ 9:28 p.m.
Okay, that sounds good Cory. I'm sure the storm has everything backed up!

Thx,
Todd
11/1 @ 5:31 p.m.
Todd,

There was nothing in the mail yesterday or today. Storm or no storm this is getting ridiculous, a carrier pigeon could have delivered the mail quicker. I'll keep an eye out for it, but on the off chance if it gets returned to you, let me know.

Thanks,
Cory
11/1 @ 6:06 p.m. (this email was in response to Todd�s earliest email saying payment had been sent. His earliest email was from his work account which happened to be a federal law enforcement agency and subsequent emails were from a yahoo account)
Todd,

I was looking back at this email to see when you said that the payment was sent and noticed your email address. Only "(his full name)" shows up in my inbox. Anyway, I noticed the xxxxxxxxx.gov extension and am going to ship the case tomorrow with the assumption that the payment will arrive soon.
I'm a XXXXXXXXXXXX in Virginia. That's neither here nor there though, had I known you were law enforcement I would have shipped immediately. I'll get you tracking info to you tomorrow and let you know when the payment arrives.

Thanks,
Cory

(the above email was edited with agency and his full name removed and another piece of info about my agency that could be identifying)
11/1 @ 6:24 p.m.
No problem Cory. Thanks for the trust though! (agency name removed) is a tough gig! Stay safe out there and thanks again.
I am pretty surprised that you have not received that $$$ yet. I don't remember what day I sent it, but it was the day after we made the deal. It should be there by now!
Let me know.
Todd
11/2 @ 3:38 p.m.
Todd,
The case went out today via Fedex. I attached a scanned copy of the receipt and shipping label. I'll let you know when I receive payment.

Thanks again,
Cory

11/2 @ 3:53 p.m.

Cory, it may not have actually got out until 10/26. I have had stuff floating out there longer, but it should be there by now.

Just keep me posted and I will do the same.
11/3 @ 11:05 p.m.
Todd,
Your earliest email in this thread said that payment went out on 10/25 and then your most recent email said possibly 10/26. Regardless, it's still not here as of today. Even if payment went out on 10/26 it has still been 8 days.
Please advise.
Cory

11/4 @ 1:00 p.m.
Cory,

I sent payment out on either the 25th or 26th. I do not remember exactly. Even if it was on the 25th, it probably would not have cleared my small local Post Office until the 26th.

My integrity is worth a hell of a lot more than $160.00! Unfortunately, the payment I sent you was cash. My fault, but getting a money order is a pain in the ass! I work at least 10 hours per day and don't have a bunch of spare time to hang out at a post office.

I have conducted a lot of "business" utilizing the 24 Hour Campfire and have never had any issues. I have sent thousands of dollars to sellers on their word, and have never been stung. There is always the first time I guess.

I appreciate your frustration, and only have your word to go on as well. In hind sight I guess I should have sent it registered, but again, that would necessitate dealing with the bureaucracy and the resulting wait times at a post office.

Do what you feel is right. I will immediately return your case upon its arrival. My integrity is too valuable to "screw" a guy out of $160.

Sincerely,
Todd
11/5 @10:54 a.m.
Todd,
I can appreciate that your integrity is worth more than $160, which is why I shipped the case prior to receiving payment. I also realize that most people don�t have time to hang out in post offices, but a USPS money order offers the most protection for buyers and sellers. That alone makes it worth the time it takes to get one.
I too have sent thousands of dollars (and received thousands of dollars) through various sites. Mainly AR15.com, snipershide, vaguntrader.com, m4.carbine.net, glocktalk, and to a lesser extent 24hourcampfire (my username is coryj or coryd on all of these sites and with the exception of one negative on ar15.com I have all positive feedback).
Out of all the firearms and equipment I have sold/purchased I have only sent/received a handful of cash payments. I�ll send cash for $50 or less because that�s the amount that I have arbitrarily set as what I�m willing to risk losing. I had a guy on 24hourcampfire send me $500 in cash stuffed inside of a calendar for a Remington 700 223 that I sold him last year, I couldn�t believe it.

I also have never been �stung� and am hopeful that I haven�t been in this instance. As far as doing what I feel is right, the only thing I can do is let you know if payment arrives, as I have already completed my end of the transaction.
Cory
11/5 @ 3:21 p.m.
Cory,

I was able to go to the Post Office this morning and explained the situation to them.

They told me that a two week delivery time would not be unexpected at all on any east coast location due to the storm.
I'm not making excuses, I just don't want you thinking the worst.

Let's give it to the end of the week?

Todd
11/5 @ 6:02 p.m.
Todd,
I have no problem waiting, in fact I hope the money shows up as I would rather have that than the case. I hate the thought of relisting the case and having to pay to ship it a second time.
I'll let you know if it arrives.
Cory
11/5 @ 6:06 p.m.
I'm right there with ya!
11/8 @ 5:58 p.m.
Todd,
Tracking shows that the case was delivered today. I still have not received payment, let me know how you want to proceed. Like I said earlier, I would rather have payment than have the case shipped back to me. Even if I get the case back, I am still out the cost of shipping.
Thanks,
Cory

11/11 @ 6:46 p.m.
Todd,
I did not receive any response to the email that I sent on Thursday (which I have forwarded to you). I still have not received payment, which is troubling; however, what is more troubling is the lack of communication which has developed. You responded to all emails in a prompt manner while we were arranging for the transaction, but now there has been no response after 3 days. You have received the case and I still have not been paid. While I hope everything is okay on your end I do need an answer soon on how you intend to rectify this situation.
Thanks,
Cory

In one email he said it went out on 10/25 and then later said it went out on 10/26. He then tells me that the post office said 2 weeks may be normal given the storms we were having at the time and asks me to wait until the weekend. I think this was because he knew the case would be delivered by then and knew that I wouldn't be able to re-route delivery or have it held.

25th or 26th, big deal. With the hurricane and a holiday this past Monday, two weeks or a bit more wouldn't surprise me a bit. And posting personal correspondence is usually frowned upon as well. Hope you don't end up with egg on your face, which is doubtful.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm sorry you are having problems.I have delt with Todd and have never had a problem. I hope all works out!!!!

Keep your head on the stock,wood on wood
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
For what it is worth, I had a friend ship an item from New York on the 28th, it got here today.

But sending $160 in cash is silly. Probably in someone's wallet on the way.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know before you go pissing on someones name here, try some [bleep] patience. Many things can happen. Your a dumdass for sending anything worth more than 20.00 before getting the payment.

Disabled American Veteran. U.S. Army 2000 - 2007 Proud to have served.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My record mail times are a priority mail envelope taking 15 days to get to Texas and a first class envelope taking 30 days exactly to make it to Denver.

USPS... Super Fast!

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Like I always say, these don't usually turn out well for the guy that decides to post them.

And I used to defend the "new guys" on the classifieds, but once again, we have a "wronged" poster who has the low post count, and lives exclusively in the FREE classifieds here. whistle

The pattern is getting to be disturbing.

Can we expect a full apology when the envelope shows up, or are you just going to pocket the cash and continue to insist that you got "scammed"?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by lovesomeshootin
You know before you go pissing on someones name here, try some [bleep] patience. Many things can happen. Your a dumdass for sending anything worth more than 20.00 before getting the payment.

Really?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
BEFORE THE STORM, I sent payment for a scope to a gentleman in Va. priority deilivery confimation, it took 11 days to get there, go figure.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yep, it was silly to send cash. My mistake, I certainly wish I would have taken the time to stop and send it certified mail!

As many on here can attest, I have sent both cash and money orders for much larger sums without a problem. It boils down to me being lazy and not wanting to stand in line at a post office. Live and learn...

I got the case on Thursday I believe, but was out of town. I told the OP that I would return his case, and will. I'm sure the damn money will show up and I will be out, but oh well, life goes on.

This guy was calling me out within 5 days of me sending the payment. Who knows where it is. Could still be bouncing around the eastern sea board thanks to Sandy, or it could be in someone else's pocket. It could be in the OP's pocket for all I know.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in, and let people know that my integrity is worth a help of a lot more than $160.

Thanks for airing our dirty laundry on a public forum though coryj, that shows a lot of class...good form.

Todd

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColdBore

Like I always say, these don't usually turn out well for the guy that decides to post them.

And I used to defend the "new guys" on the classifieds, but once again, we have a "wronged" poster who has the low post count, and lives exclusively in the FREE classifieds here. whistle

The pattern is getting to be disturbing.

Can we expect a full apology when the envelope shows up, or are you just going to pocket the cash and continue to insist that you got "scammed"?

+1

That said, I usually ship before getting payment. The buyer is parting with his cash on my word, why shouldn't I as the seller part with my item on his word?

I also often send cash in the mail.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm a "new guy", and I confidently sent off $1200 to an "old guy" for a rifle today off of these classifieds.

A) Who sends cash through the mail, and why would you do that? Everything else is trackable- check, money order, cashiers check, but not cash... I've been told since I was a kid that you just don't do that, ever (am 44, just to clarify)

B) It is understandable that stuff happens, and the payment is lost in the mail. I get that. But when someone stops communicating for 3 days, you generally become suspicious that something is wrong. Why would the seller owe anyone an apology? He no longer has his case, and he's out the money it cost him to ship it?

Hope everything turns out to be on the "up and up" for both parties. $160 is a considerable amount of money, but it's not the end of the world.

Last edited by Macs69; 11/14/12.
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
I sent a USPS Money order out to agentleman 60 miles from me once, He never got it and it finally showed up back in my Box 11 Days Later. Sh*&t happens with the Mail.
It surprises me that anyone would try to Screw anyone over in this day and Age. With the Technology and knowlege we have and can get as well as knowing People in different Places.
One of these Times I am afraid someone is going to get Hurt if not Killed over something silly. I can't believe the amount of people out there that put such a low value on life, I seen a flashlight at the store the other day where someone had CUT out the Battery and Stole it, Just think, over $1.50 they could have gone to jail.
I had a deal going south I made online, No response to phone calls, Pm's or e-mails. I nicely asked on that website if someone would pay him a visit, I got several responses and offers. The next day an e-mail with a tracking # came. I got my merchandise after waiting 3 weeks from when payment was received. Turns out He was going to Screw me like he did the guy before on an Ammo deal.
I have a sign posted out front that says;
"Steal anything you want, Just make sure it's worth Dying for",

Last edited by zr800; 11/15/12. Reason: content
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by BigSkyGuy
Yep, it was silly to send cash. My mistake, I certainly wish I would have taken the time to stop and send it certified mail!

As many on here can attest, I have sent both cash and money orders for much larger sums without a problem. It boils down to me being lazy and not wanting to stand in line at a post office. Live and learn...

I got the case on Thursday I believe, but was out of town. I told the OP that I would return his case, and will. I'm sure the damn money will show up and I will be out, but oh well, life goes on.

This guy was calling me out within 5 days of me sending the payment. Who knows where it is. Could still be bouncing around the eastern sea board thanks to Sandy, or it could be in someone else's pocket. It could be in the OP's pocket for all I know.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in, and let people know that my integrity is worth a help of a lot more than $160.

Thanks for airing our dirty laundry on a public forum though coryj, that shows a lot of class...good form.

Todd

Maybe not my business, but I have to ask. Why not just send the man his money (in some trackable form, like a postal money order)? You wanted the case, and you got the case, so why should he lose the money it cost him to ship the case to you? It doesn't really seem like the seller committed any flaws in the transaction, and he went out on a limb to ship before payment was received...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
USPS is hit and miss, most of the time its not bad. I've had it take 3 weeks to delivery mail once, thought it was lost.

Bigskyguy seems to have a pretty good record, members have posted Bigskyguy in "good guy list". I personally would have not sent $160 bucks cash in the mail, that's asking for trouble. Hope it works out between you two, and you "Coryj" should have requested his phone number and talk personally about the situation.

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
I also often send cash in the mail. [/quote]

Would You Please send me some, I am really Low right now??? lol....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You seem impatient.....

And this thread would never of happened if you didn't send the case without payment first.

There is a group of people on here that I would send items to before payment is recieved. But I have met them, conversed with them and have had good fellowship with.

If I buy something, I never expect the product before payment is recieved unless amongst those certain friends.

Being a lawman that states in his messages to you that he is busy, doesn't it make you think he is busy?
Or being the hunting season and close to the Holidays make you think he went on a short vacation or hunting trip? If he is in storm ravaged areas I can bet his work hasn't gotten slower.....

Send him a PM and see if he opens it, or see if he has logged on lately....

If not he is probably busy and is hoping his lost money arrives in the meantime.

I just hope you don't regret posting this thread.

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm starting to see a pattern here.That is,why do most of the folks who have problems with transactions on FREE Classifieds,SEEM TO LIVE THERE.
I would do business with BigSkyGuy any day,not sure the same for the OP.
low rent rant

Sorry,I drank the Sako-Aid.My opinion may be biased.
bh444
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam

I usually ship before getting payment. The buyer is parting with his cash on my word, why shouldn't I as the seller part with my item on his word?

This.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by nsaqam

I usually ship before getting payment. The buyer is parting with his cash on my word, why shouldn't I as the seller part with my item on his word?

This.

Yep

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 160user, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 27 invisible), 1,854 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,368
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.