-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a BEAUTY! Almost nothing compares to a well made Shotgun...congrats!

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

In the late 1980's, probably 1988, my duck hunting partner offered me his pair of Browning sidelocks in 12 and 20 for $1600. I passed on them and bought a Winchester Model 23 12 bore. Still have it but as prices have risen the Brownings have really gone up. The one you have is really a fine shotgun.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is a nice gun. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by tjm10025

That is a beautiful shotgun, and it was kind of him to want you to have something from his collection.

I hope he had a good life.

Here, Here, very nice indeed, hey Bea, ya gonna bring it to the Boar hunt to dust some clay birds?

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, and I'm having trouble typing with my hard tongue in the way.

That is very nice...what a shotgun should be, IMO.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I had one of the B-S/S sidelocks in the late 80's along with a boxlock B-S/S, both in 20 gauge with straight stocks. The sidelock was a thing of beauty but the boxlock actually handled better IMHO. I sold the sidelock and still have the boxlock.

THey are beautiful guns and a great remembrence of what seems like a great friend. This is one of the guns that I would not worr the least if I hurt it's value but hunting with it as I would pass it on to someone else when I died and hope they would use it and remember me by it.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I may just bring it with me, and i will hunt with it that is for sure, no use keeping it new for someone else to make money off of. My son will get my guns and i have quite a few and nothing that is junk. I have 7 SXS's and three or four O&U's not counting a bunch of pumps and semi-auto shotguns. I'm shotgun poor. I love quality shotguns. Rifle i love, but something about a nice shotgun that just rings my bell.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are a sick man; it's a sickness. smirk

I wouldn't know about such things, actually. whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bea175
I may just bring it with me, and i will hunt with it that is for sure, no use keeping it new for someone else to make money off of. My son will get my guns and i have quite a few and nothing that is junk. I have 7 SXS's and three or four O&U's not counting a bunch of pumps and semi-auto shotguns. I'm shotgun poor. I love quality shotguns. Rifle i love, but something about a nice shotgun that just rings my bell.

Bring it on Bea, I'm gonna bring my old A-5 and hopefully learn a bit more about wing-shooting from Lt. Pat and You.

Luv2Safari, that's funny. laugh, I am so afflicted.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear of the loss of a friend. Most of us have too few of them...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great way to always remember a life long friend. You'll never look at, or handle that gun without fond rememberances.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
you are so right about that

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
absolutely beautiful gun. I don,t particularly love the checkered wood butt stock
[Linked Image]
but its sure a great shotgun anyone would be proud to own
Sorry about the loss of your friend , but I guess we all have that happen eventually, makes me realize my guns will eventually have new owners

Last edited by 340mag; 12/12/12.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sorry for the loss of a good friend, such men are very few and far between.

I bought one of these lovely little guns, a 20-28", unfired in the box, from the former director of the BC Fish and Wildlife Branch around 1993. I had it for over 10 years and never shot it, finally sold it to a young man who flew from Calgary to Vancouver to buy it, rented a car to drive to and from YVR to my home andf flew back......seemed to be doing "OK" financially.....

I liked it, but, while I had four sxs and two combo guns, I am mostly a CRF rifle slut and I wanted to cull my guns to pay for other things.

These are, according to some I know who REALLY ARE experts on shotguns, very fine guns and well worth today's going prices for one like yours. I wish that the Grouse hunting near my boyhood home was as it was in the mid-'60s and your gun would be my second choice, after a Westley "Droplock" to hunt these birds with.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

My finest Spanish made side-by-side has a checkered butt stock just like this one. Exquisite wood and craftsmanship.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (41rem, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 23 invisible), 2,043 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,706
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.