Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
MERCER, Pa. ....

...at Twigs Reloading Den...

As soon as I saw the dateline, I thought "there's only one place that could be". eek

It's only a few miles from me, and I stop there regularly.

I know Twig personally, and even without knowing the story, I can guarantee she's taking it hard.

She's a big promoter of youth shooting sports.

Not good for anybody involved. I'm curious to hear the entire story, but no way am I going to call or stop by to get the story and make her relive that. frown

Damn.....

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
The cost of personal freedom and liberty.

Please explain that statement. Not be argumentative just curious.

The citizens of PA have worked hard to fight the anti-gunowner fascists in the government to secure to themselves some of the most liberal gunowner rights in the nation. The antis would argue, if guns were controlled, this tragedy would not have happened. The fact that a free people have the right to life and the protection of it through keeping and bearing arms has a price . . . in this case, it is the accidental death of a man's son . . . a man who was exercising his God given right to life and the protection of it and his loved ones, through the keeping and bearing of arms. With these rights comes the personal responsibility of the person exercising them.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

It is as tragic as it gets and I don't mean to sound insensitive but how can one carry or handle a firearm and not be aware that it's hot?

Rule #1: Every gun is always loaded.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sad all the way around! Prayers to the father and his family.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I say charge him, at least a year in jail, and lose his right to own any guns.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Speechless. frown

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by okok

Charge him with what specifically?

What are you basing the sentence on?

You have none of the facts other than a seven year old boy is dead, there has been next-to-nothing accomplished yet as far as investigations, and you jump straight to that?

Heck, why bother to even charge him? You've already convicted him before the trial. Ain't the way it works in America, at least not yet.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Please explain that statement. Not be argumentative just curious.

Personal freedom and liberty for all is costly when the idiots and careless employ that said freedom.

Attempting to eliminate or control the idiots and careless only results in lost freedom and liberty for the masses.

The "cost" is high indeed.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I don't agree. The cost of personal freedom and liberty are paid on battlefields and other hell holes all over the world for over 200 years. This is the cost of carelessness and stupidity.

That said, I grieve and pray for the family of this boy and particularly his father.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by eh76
Tragic...I cannot imagine the pain that father is going through.

And God willing I shall never have to know....tragedy does not even come close to describing this.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I constantly preach this when I teach shooting classes. There are a few that simply shouldn't own guns. I have hunted (once) with some that keep a round in the chamber &/or safety disengaged in camp. The father will relieve this the rest of his life.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The father's problems are just beginning.

May the lad RIP.

*just tragic*

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by bea175

You are wrong , it is a case of not following basic gun safety , not keeping track of the muzzle and you finger off the trigger. The father learned the hard way

So did the son.........a case of the son paying for the sins of the father. Bea175 is correct....proper gun handling would have prevented this senseless tragedy. Even if he would of had an AD while the gun was pointed in a "safe" (meaning not at his son!) direction the boy would be alive today.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

My guess is that he'll be using one more gun just once more.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ColdBore

You have none of the facts other than a seven year old boy is dead, there has been next-to-nothing accomplished yet as far as investigations, and you jump straight to that?

Heck, why bother to even charge him? You've already convicted him before the trial. Ain't the way it works in America, at least not yet.

Just a guess here, since I don't know all the facts, but my guess is that the boy wouldn't be dead if said gun wasn't pointed at the boy, just a guess though.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I am thinking killin ones own son is the worst punishment a guy could live with

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by ColdBore

Just a guess here, since I don't know all the facts, but my guess is that the boy wouldn't be dead if said gun wasn't pointed at the boy, just a guess though.

Coffee all over the place now...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Faulty gun handling obviously.

Seems like the dad weren't carrying concealed at that moment in time, I'm wondering if the gun weren't in a case as the guy was apparently leaving or just about to enter a gun store and given the facct that no one in thheir right mind ever conciously points a gun at their kid, even fleetingly.

We had a Sheriff's Deputy here some years back fatally shoot herself in the abdomen when putting up her service Glock .40.

Seems she racked the slide to eject the chambered round BEFORE dropping the mag, the gun going off when the trigger contacted the wide post that goes through the triggerguard (a particularly idiotic design feature IMHO) when you put a Glock back in the tupperware box they come in.

Add to that the fact that you HAVE to dry-fire a Glock before you can field strip it for cleaning and you have a situation where many owners may actually pull the trigger when NOT shooting the piece as often or more often than they do when shooting it. A harmless "click" when the trigger is pulled being a terrible expectation to place in one's subconcious and "muscle memory".

My guess is the guy, sitting behind the wheel, "unloads" the Glock in the truck before going into the gun store, racking a round from the chamber and then dropping the mag, he then puts the gun in the tupperware box, the tragic shot happening when the stock 5.5lb trigger comes in contact with that aforementioned idiotic post.

I've owned a first generation Glock 19 for close to twenty years; like the gun, shoot it well, and if'n I had to bring a handgun to a gunfight this is the one I'd choose.

Took it apart now more times than I can remember. Did I ever indavertently rack the slide BEFORE dropping the mag?

Yes, just once.

Fortunately, pulling any trigger away from the range or not in the field gives me such a pronounced case of the willies I checked the chamber before doing so.

But if'n I had indstead not been field-stripping but had been just putting it into a Glock tupperware box could it have gone off? It ain't impossible.

I like to think though the muzzle wouldn't have been pointing at anyone.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Obviously you are sterile or cant find a woman that would want to have a kid with you.
Any man with a child would never make such an idiotic comment.
Fkin Dolt.
regardless of the reason, the kid is dead at the hands of his father.
What if the father was driving a car and got into a wreck that killed his son? would it be less tragic.
Children are our life from the second we bring them into this world till the day we die.
He fked up. YES! But the fact that the [bleep] up had something to do with a gun doesnt make open to some political position about the rights of gun ownership.
Fking grow up.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If he's any kind of a man and father he will charge himself and live out one hell of a sentence the rest of his living days. It is hell to lose a kid but at your own hand; none of us will luckily ever know that pain.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

341 members (06hunter59, 163bc, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 38 invisible), 2,063 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,541
Posts18,531,236
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.