Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bowbldr
I've worked with "Troubled Youth" for the last 30 years. While nothing is true for every person, 99% of the kids that avoided prison time by coming to us were unwanted by their single parent. Many were born for the simple reason abortion costs money and state/Fed programs don't pay, others simply for the extra $400/month plus food stamps and section 8 housing. I don't want to open up an abortion can of worms but I will say anyone that doesn't make enough money to pay taxes doesn't make enough to have kids. Part of any contract where someone takes gov. money should have a mandatory contraception clause.

I'm sure many unwanted childred grow up to be normal, healthy adults but I've seen what happens to a large percentage of them.

so, abortion on demand is the answer? Kill the unborn to prevent them from becoming 'troubled yutes'?

What a sick bit of 'logic' THAT is.

Sam......

GB1

yar Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends of those involved in this senseless act. Something has changed in are society and we are all trying to figure out what it is. Who to blame and why this happens. Nobody is born a killer. Its life events and circumstances that form are personality's and and how we react to life's events.
We all have emotions and feelings, anger, sadness, joy. What makes one of us go off and be a shooter is what we need to focus on. What as family, friends,co-workers,neighbors. Can we do before this happens is where we need to focus. There has been a breakdown,a failure in our everyday lives and we are all responsible in keeping this from happening again. We must not turn this into a political issue or guns vs anti guns. We have to work together to change things in are everyday world as a community and individuals to make a difference. Do not look for new laws and rules to do it for us. WE MUST MAKE THE DIFFERENCE AND NOW THE TIME TO START ! BE RESPONSIBLE.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i just wanna buy me a big truck, and upgrade to some really big wheels. sorry, off-topic.

yar Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends of those involved in this senseless act. Something has changed in are society and we are all trying to figure out what it is. Who to blame and why this happens. Nobody is born a killer. Its life events and circumstances that form are personality's and and how we react to life's events.
We all have emotions and feelings, anger, sadness, joy. What makes one of us go off and be a shooter is what we need to focus on. What as family, friends,co-workers,neighbors. Can we do before this happens is where we need to focus. There has been a breakdown,a failure in our everyday lives and we are all responsible in keeping this from happening again. We must not turn this into a political issue or guns vs anti guns. We have to work together to change things in are everyday world as a community and individuals to make a difference. Do not look for new laws and rules to do it for us. WE MUST MAKE THE DIFFERENCE AND NOW THE TIME TO START ! BE RESPONSIBLE.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by yar

at least a percentage of us are wired to kill. sorry, i know that's not current pc talk.

there was a time that being wired to kill allowed the survival of our wives, family, and children. i'm not really sure we're past that point in time and space. i hope we are.

our two-stranded DNA structure got us, in large part, to where we are. i hope our environmental understandings can allow us to "override" our double-helical underpinnings. sounds like a debate between genetics and environmentalism is beginning to emerge?

it's taken us Humans a long time to reach this point in our development. But, now, how do we best choose to move forward??

drilling more oil, will that help? wink

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
2 Chronicles 7:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What we have to do as a country is do a complete 180, traditional values weren't something to become outdated or evolved out of, they were values set inside us by our creator. We need to stop letting the media's forms of sex,violence and justice into our homes and becoming the new reality. I don't see how any sane rational human can look at this and blame guns, this country is ill and this overt violence is just a symptom of the sickness. We need to unplug as a whole and turn to each other and figure out how we are supposed to live. God didn't give us commandments and values because they are simply his idea of what is right, he knew what was best for his children and wanted the best for them. We all need to pray, pray for this country to look back to God and return to sanity. And we need to keep praying until it happens.

God save us,

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Put God back in schools. Children are being taught that there is no absolute truth, and no personal responsibility. We take the ultimate authority out of children's lives and then wonder what went wrong.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Sprint11
Put God back in schools. Children are being taught that there is no absolute truth, and no personal responsibility. We take the ultimate authority out of children's lives and then wonder what went wrong.

true enough.

at this point in the development of the process, there'll be competitive Gods on the stage.

the Judastic group will want to include judaism. the islamic people will want to include allah. the Christians of course will choose to encourage the ldrshp of Christ.

we're to the point that competitive religions have surfaced upon the stage, for better or worse.

until we can narrow down the number of Gods to one, then we'll be in continuous conflict. i know the Greeks allowed any number of God's. but we're way past the Greek viewpoint, nowadays.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Mannlicher, I said I didn't want to open the abortion can of worms. Birth control is my first choice & adoption would be fine with me but how many people are waiting in line to adopt crack babies. As horrible as abortion is imagine being a drug addicted crack whore with another unwanted baby on the way. You probably already know what it's like to pay for that baby for the next 18 years.

Unwanted children are the basis of our prison system, gangs and trouble in our schools.

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't read the thread but pretty good chance all the answers can be summed up with mine.

Stop trying to appease.
Stop trying to reach across the aisle and get along.
Stop trying to be tolerant.
Stop making deals with the devil.

All of America's current problems are a direct result of the above. People have become lazy and complacent and have let down their guard. They set aside their diligence.

The only thing required for the triumph of evil is good men do nothing.
Darkness grows.
There is no sitting still in the stream of life. You're either adrift with the current washing down towards the drain or you are rowing against the tide.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
1.GET RID OF LIBERALS
2.LET GOD COME BACK INTO SCHOOLS AND PEOPLES LIVES WITHOUT THEM BEING THREATENED BY ANYONE OR ANYTHING.
3.BRING MORALITY BACK TO THIS COUNTRY
4.LET IT BE KNOWN FAR AND WIDE,EYE FOR EYE AND TOOTH FOR A TOOTH TO ANYONE WHO THREATENS US OR COMMITS CRIMES AGAINST US CITIZENS.
5.COMPLETELY CLOSE ALL BORDERS AND MAKE PEOPLE GO THRU THE PROCESS OF BECOMING A CITIZEN
6.NO FREE HAND OUTS FOR ANYTHING,IF YOU DON'T BRING SOMETHING TO THE TABLE TO BETTER THIS COUNTRY YOU DON'T GET ANYTHING.
7.DEPORT ALL ILLEGAL PEOPLE PERIOD,NO EXCLUSIONS.
8.NO MORE THAN 2 TERMS FOR ANY ELECTED OFFICIAL 6 YEARS MAX.
9.ALL POLITICIANS GET THE SAME BENEFITS AS THE PEOPLE THEY SERVE,NOTHING ELSE,PERIOD.
10.ALL SCHOOL SYSTEMS ARE NO LONGER UNIONIZED AND ALL TEACHERS WILL TEACH NOT INDOCTRINATE OUR CHILDREN.
11.NO MORE FOREIGN AID TO COUNTRIES THAT DON'T HAVE THE SAME IDEAS AND VALUES AS US.
JUST A START.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Amen plinker....Amen

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What if principles, professors, postmasters and mall cops were allowed to carry concealed weapons to work?

Gun Free Zones=Mass Murder Crime Scenes

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Quit wasting time looking for a political or economic solution to what is truly a spiritual problem. Maybe everyone should read Jeremiah and Lamentations an see how God feels about these things. Look what happened to Israel then. The world is getting very close to the bottom of the bowl and trusting in the Lord and believing His word is the only solution. This life is short and eternity awaits all. Choose wisely.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If there was a father in every home, and if that father was backed by a mother in every home, and if that father made every aspect of his children's lives his business, and if that father was the spiritual leader of his family, and if he garnered the respect and love of his family by making hard decisions and sticking to them, and if he led by example, and if he were moral and righteous and fair and ethical and true to Morality and Godliness, and if his children were taught to follow the Ten Commandments of God, and if ......... then.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bowbldr
I've worked with "Troubled Youth" for the last 30 years. While nothing is true for every person, 99% of the kids that avoided prison time by coming to us were unwanted by their single parent. Many were born for the simple reason abortion costs money and state/Fed programs don't pay, others simply for the extra $400/month plus food stamps and section 8 housing. I don't want to open up an abortion can of worms but I will say anyone that doesn't make enough money to pay taxes doesn't make enough to have kids. Part of any contract where someone takes gov. money should have a mandatory contraception clause.

I'm sure many unwanted childred grow up to be normal, healthy adults but I've seen what happens to a large percentage of them.

I agree. 31 years as an LEO with 5 as an amature pscychologist (School Resource Officer) in a large Highschool. Personal responsibility by the would be parents and by the student would go a long ways. Unfortunately, when the government decided to become the parent with welfare programs, personal responsibility went away.

I agree, if you are not paying taxes, then you need to be on the pill or sterilized until you learn personal responsibility and pay some taxes. Giving birth to child after child without being willing to focus on the child and his or her needs until the baby reaches adulthood is NOT a civil right. It's a civil responsibility. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Plinker
2 Chronicles 7:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Originally Posted by Alan_R_McDaniel_Jr
If there was a father in every home, and if that father was backed by a mother in every home, and if that father made every aspect of his children's lives his business, and if that father was the spiritual leader of his family, and if he garnered the respect and love of his family by making hard decisions and sticking to them, and if he led by example, and if he were moral and righteous and fair and ethical and true to Morality and Godliness, and if his children were taught to follow the Ten Commandments of God, and if ......... then.

Alan

Amen, Amen and Amen.

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 12/15/12.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

My wife stopped taking our kids to Mass when she realized that the church was filled with child abusers. We see the same in other non-catholic, Christian faiths as well. Don't tell me that is "ultimate authority and absolute truth". We have to protect our Children EVERYWHERE from predators.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Bushmaster? Who keeps a f'n Bushmaster around.?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,431
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.