Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by goalie

I did a little math the other night. You are looking at 100 BILLION dollars in compensation for that property. If you think it is going to be allowed legally or morally to simply take that much property and destroy it, well, I think the law of unintended consequences may come into play if tried.

Damn, I hope not.
You really think this gov't would compensate you for confiscation of this type of item? After what's occurred? HAH..

They'd just take 'em and destroy 'em.. You'd get bupkis.

On a side note - (but it reminds me) the local hardware store owner told me this morning that the majority of phone calls into the store when it opened were people asking about ammunition..

Expect a spike in demand AND prices..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck

I did a little math the other night. You are looking at 100 BILLION dollars in compensation for that property. If you think it is going to be allowed legally or morally to simply take that much property and destroy it, well, I think the law of unintended consequences may come into play if tried.

Damn, I hope not.
You really think this gov't would compensate you for confiscation of this type of item? After what's occurred? HAH..

On a side note - (but it reminds me) the local hardware store owner told me this morning that the majority of phone calls into the store when it opened were people asking about ammunition..

Taking a few hundred billion dollars worth of property might not result in an actual civil war.

But it might.

One can only hope that people really, really think about what they are trying to do, and at least act according to the Constitution while doing so.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoiler
I don't think it would even be possible.

Andy, I didn't think it was ever possible that Obummer would be elected for a second term...

that one didn't work out so well for me...

I don't trust ANYTHING attached to the government anymore... especially as long as the radical leftists are running the country...

I didn't think it was possible, either. I seriously wonder if we will ever get rid of him and he doesn't end up as some African style dictator for life, a large portion of the country would support it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Redneck

Damn, I hope not.

I picked up a thousand round case of 5.56 the day after the shooting. The day before the shooting, there was a giant stack of these cases on the floor in the middle of the store. When I went to get mine, there were three such cases left.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a funny damn thing but Obama does not meet the criteria to purchase a gun, but with the nuclear football has the ability destroy the world.

Food for thought.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they don't it won't be because they got overly interested in our freedom.

NRA Lifetime Member
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by paul375
I was hit by the 1988 semi auto ban after Hungerford, hit by the 1997 hangun ban after Dunblane.
All shooters where vilified by the media as perverts and killers of children. We fought and we lost. We did some of the largest peaceful demo�s in London, and brought the city to stand still a number of times, and this wasn�t covered by the media, and the little that was shown, was a very brief clip at the end of the news.
The media isn't supposed to take sides and just report, but they are only interested in sensationalised B/S.
Your NRA is more powerful than our NRA ever was, and you have to support them. You also have to support each other and all aspects of shooting. Some time shooters are their own worst enemy! Stick together, and fight as one.
We had pistol shooters in 88, saying we will be fine , they will just ban semi auto rifles, then in 97 we had shotgunners, saying �Oh, well it will only effect pistol shooters�..I needn�t worry� and they reduced semi/pump to 3 shot, they just start chipping away , first with , semi autos, then the pistols, then on ammo, then they keep doing a bit more. I've seen it in the UK and also in Australia.

Paul.

STFU, Mr. Beans.

You are not US. Your entire history is as a subjagated people. Ruled over by the monarchy and the church.
Americans are NOT [bleep] brits or aussies who bend at the waist for the queen.
The reason you lost your guns is because your a bunch of poofters who were bred to be slaves of the king.
Happened before the printing press so dont blame "the media".
In 1993 it was easy to pass the AWB because very few people actually owned the type of weapons they were banning. I was into it big in 93 and I knew very very few people who activly shot AR's. NONE who owned AK's. In fact, I knew more people who owned MINI's than AK's.
This aint 93. every fkingbody owns AR's. Every fking body has a HC pistol or 4. There aint no putting the Geni back in the bottle.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Wow, you've really got your head stuck up your own @sshole, haven't you!

Last edited by paul375; 12/18/12.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
sure thing Benny. Tell of the woes of your countrymen. Like we give a chit.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ringworm

STFU, Mr. Beans.

You are not US. Your entire history is as a subjagated people. Ruled over by the monarchy and the church.
Americans are NOT [bleep] brits or aussies who bend at the waist for the queen.
The reason you lost your guns is because your a bunch of poofters who were bred to be slaves of the king.
Happened before the printing press so dont blame "the media".
In 1993 it was easy to pass the AWB because very few people actually owned the type of weapons they were banning. I was into it big in 93 and I knew very very few people who activly shot AR's. NONE who owned AK's. In fact, I knew more people who owned MINI's than AK's.
This aint 93. every fkingbody owns AR's. Every fking body has a HC pistol or 4. There aint no putting the Geni back in the bottle.
Your reasoning is sound. I hope you're right.

IC B3

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (21, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,737 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,811
Posts18,536,686
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.