Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Not wanting to wade into the backwaters of this thread, but I do find these semantic arguments entertaining sometimes.

It matters not at all if the media calls an AR15 an assault rifle or not. Blathering on about what it should and should not be called will mean missing the forest for all the trees.

But that said, my favorite media concoction for this tragedy has been a "semi automatic machine gun". This from Sports Illustrated of all places. Pathetic? yes. Intentional? maybe. Stupid? for sure. Important, I think not.

carry on

Save an elk, shoot a cow.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Excuse me? Definitional precision is extremely critical when legislating.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by Pete E
Y'know, the longer that I ponder this, the more that I wonder whether her own mind set re guns was all that healthful.

Why do you say that? �

Because the longer that I ponder this, the more that I wonder whether her own mind set re guns was all that healthful.

Ken,

With respect, you are missing the point..The Press are going to examine all aspects of her private and public life and they going to interview people with the filmiest connection like the paperboy or the delivery guy. When they do this, they are not looking for things that will make her look mundane or ordinary, but rather the opposite. The Press will make sure things sound slightly sinister at least.

At the moment, they are a little stuck because they don't know whether to cast her as a villain or a victim and don't want to jump the wrong way and risk a public backlash..

I say again, she sounds no different to many folks on here and a lot saner than a few!

The Press have an agenda and unfortunately, simply reporting the news in a factual, unbiased manner isn't particularly high on it!

Regards,

Peter

Last edited by Pete E; 12/19/12.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
At the moment, they are a little stuck because they don't know whether to cast her as a villain or a victim and don't want to jump the wrong way and risk a public backlash..

Good call.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
The only agenda the press has is to keep you watching through the commercials.
NOTHING MORE.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260madman
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Automatic handguns??? Where does that come from??

I thought the same thing. Please call it a semi-automatic handgun. We all know it loads automatically after it fires a round but doesn't fire continually after that. Don't feed the Antis.

Pretty sure it was a slip while posting fast;)

When I was a kid they were automatics, levers, pumps, singles and doubles. Lever has always been lever, but now they're semi-auto, slides, break open and over under. What gives? A machine gun is a machine gun. This political "correctmess" is nuckin futz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Your not a kid anymore.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Who sold her the guns?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� Ken,

With respect, you are missing the point. �

Pard, you've either read something that I didn't say into what I did say,
or
you haven't the faintest glimmmer of a clue what I was talking about,
or
both.

I missed whatever point that you're referring-to in the same sense that I missed the point that Sam and Sue Whoo were fighting about, six blocks from some place where I've never been, however-several years ago.

The only point that my post addressed was the point that my post addressed.

The only amphitheater or atmosphere that it pertained-to was only what I referred-to � the weird labyrinth between my ears.

I was neither regarding nor dismissing the "point" of anything that anybody else was discussing right then.

So your comment is as irrelevant as the Trailways schedule between Cheaha and Loachapoka.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� The Press have an agenda and unfortunately, simply reporting the news in a factual, unbiased manner is particularly high on it!

It is?

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
� Ken,

With respect, you are missing the point. �

or
or
both.

I missed whatever point that you're referring-to in the same sense that I missed the point that Sam and Sue Whoo were fighting about, six blocks from some place where I've never been, however-several years ago.

The only amphitheater or atmosphere that it pertained-to was only what I referred-to � the weird labyrinth between my ears.

I was neither regarding nor dismissing the "point" of anything that anybody else was discussing right then.

So your comment is as irrelevant as the Trailways schedule between Cheaha and Loachapoka.

Convoluted, but I believe that I can assist with simplification......Ken meant to say "[bleep] off and annoy someone else".

Which is really odd for Ken, he is generally much nicer than that.... smile

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
lauren - Why would it matter who sold her the firearms as long as they were purchased within the law??? Are you really as unbelievably stupid as you seem?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I was trying to be nicer � more polite � than I could've been.

No need to be snotty with somebody who's most likely a nice guy when he takes time to think about what somebody else is saying.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It was a big mistake. Wrong gun wrong person. You sell guns?
Just a small issue on the path to 26 dead.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yeah, I was trying to be nicer � more polite � than I could've been.

No need to be snotty with somebody who's most likely a nice guy when he takes time to think about what somebody else is saying.

Yes, Pete is generally good to read....we all have our moments, God knows I do!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ranger1
lauren - Why would it matter who sold her the firearms as long as they were purchased within the law??? Are you really as unbelievably stupid as you seem?

Yes, you have uncovered the ugly truth....Lauren really is as stupid as she/he seems.

ps, it is a touch embarrassing so we try not to draw attention to it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tip926
Your not a kid anymore.

Not even close............. But ya know what???????????? I am soooooooooooo happy I'm old..... smile

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
� The Press have an agenda and unfortunately, simply reporting the news in a factual, unbiased manner is particularly high on it!

It is?

Thanks for picking up my typo..I have corrected the original to read as it should..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

or
or
both.

Guess we are just on a different wave length; I shall leave you to carry on pondering life and the universe in peace..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It is?

Thanks for picking up my typo. I have corrected the original to read as it should.

I hate typos. That's why I spend so much time in "Preview Post" and "Edit" � some times longer than it took me to fumble-peck the draft in the first place � before I punch "Submit."

That particular typo is one that I'm especially susceptible to.

Some times, if I know that the post is going to be longer than I feel that I'm good-for right then, I do it first in Microsoft Word, get it right (often in two or more visits), then C&P it onto the 'fire. Even then, I often spot typos in what I've just imported.

'Tain't easy bein' clumsy. Sux, in fact.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,491,995
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.