Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Originally Posted by a10xrifle
SL on the Xtreme Hunter. Mainly due to the increased strength. 3 oz weight difference was not worth it to sacrafice the rugedness.

These New EH serries stocks are really nice but the fill is seriously ultra light. Im still a fan of the 90% CF shell and std light fill its indestructable!!!!

G.A. Precision

Maybe I missed it, but is the Xtreme Hunter a new rifle from GAP sort of like the Non-Typical??

yup.. wink

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
OK, I'm confused by Manners website as I know nothing about their stocks (so please be gentle laugh ). The MCS-SL is listed as having a 100% carbon fiber shell, and then in their online order they have an $85 90% carbon fiber option. What does this mean?

If one were to go through their stock configurator, and chose the MCS-SL ($495), the 90% carbon fiber ($85), and two studs ($13) the total would be the $593 from above. Is the 90% carbon fiber option not really an option on the MCS-SL?

Correct,the 90% carbon bump is a surcharge on standard weight stocks, not the 100% carbon stock.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Grand.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
at the shot show last year the manners guys blew me off to talk to some gun writer.... hs precition and Mcmillan spent as much time as i wanted. my custumers get Mcmillan or Hs Precition. edge stocks are the best peirod. 95 % of the rifles i build are of standard cal or sencable wildcats..

crazy crazy

Might want to read your post, I have no idea what you just said. Your computer doesn't have spell check?

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Any one receive their EH3?????? Just ordered a SL.

IC B2

T
T
Originally Posted by JBO69
Hi, We just started taken orders for the new elite hunter stocks the week after the shot show, there is a bunch in system that are fast tracked that should be getting out in the next few weeks. Thank you very much,

Thomas Manners
Manners Composite Stocks LLC
1232 Swift
North Kansas, City. Mo 64116
816-283-3334
mannersstocks.com
T
T
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
at the shot show last year the manners guys blew me off to talk to some gun writer.... hs precition and Mcmillan spent as much time as i wanted. my custumers get Mcmillan or Hs Precition. edge stocks are the best peirod. 95 % of the rifles i build are of standard cal or sencable wildcats..
Hi Rainierrifleco, Just saw your post, Sorry you feel we blew you off, i wish that you would have brought that to may attention at that time. We pride our self on customer service and that along with quality, is our top 2 priorities. Bottom line is, if not for customers we would not have a company. At the Shot Show we have a very small booth which is only 10x10, we try to man it with a least 3 guys all the time, but are usually swamped all day. Hopefully one of these years the Shot Show will allow us to get a bigger space so that we can take more staff, but I don't think that is going to happen until they change locations. If you would like to discuss or stocks I would be more than happen to spend all the time you would like on the phone, also if you would like to try out some of our stocks let me know and I will get you some production samples so you can to put them through the ringer as you see fit.. Thank you very much,

Thomas Manners
1232 Swift
North Kansas, City. Mo 64116
816-283-3334
mannersstocks.com
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by tmanners
[quote=rainierrifleco]at the shot show last year the manners guys blew me off to talk to some gun writer.... hs precition and Mcmillan spent as much time as i wanted. my custumers get Mcmillan or Hs Precition. edge stocks are the best peirod. 95 % of the rifles i build are of standard cal or sencable wildcats..
Hi Rainierrifleco, Just saw your post, Sorry you feel we blew you off, i wish that you would have brought that to may attention at that time. We pride our self on customer service and that along with quality, is our top 2 priorities. Bottom line is, if not for customers we would not have a company. At the Shot Show we have a very small booth which is only 10x10, we try to man it with a least 3 guys all the time, but are usually swamped all day. Hopefully one of these years the Shot Show will allow us to get a bigger space so that we can take more staff, but I don't think that is going to happen until they change locations. If you would like to discuss or stocks I would be more than happen to spend all the time you would like on the phone, also if you would like to try out some of our stocks let me know and I will get you some production samples so you can to put them through the ringer as you see fit.. Thank you very much, [/quote]

That is customer service.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
We pride our self on customer service and that along with quality, is our top 2 priorities. Bottom line is, if not for customers we would not have a company.

Welcome to the 'fire Tom. That being said, you guys do need to work on your customer service. I emailed you guys last year with a couple of questions and was ready to order, and never got a response. Ordered a McMillan shortly thereafter...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a few McMillan stocks and now, mostly Manners stocks. I am very happy with the Great customer service MCS (Manners) has and have never had a problem. The stocks are incredibly tough and build very well.

Tom and crew have always taken care of my orders, answered many questions, dealt with add-ons and changes mid stream. I have all the confidence in the world to recommend them and their products.

I will be at Scenarshooters in April for the Icebreaker # 3 if any one wants to look at or handle them in person. Or if you are coming thru the 307, fire me a PM and I can show ya in person.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SLM
[quote=rainierrifleco]at the shot show last year the manners guys blew me off to talk to some gun writer.... hs precition and Mcmillan spent as much time as i wanted. my custumers get Mcmillan or Hs Precition. edge stocks are the best peirod. 95 % of the rifles i build are of standard cal or sencable wildcats..
Hi Rainierrifleco, Just saw your post, Sorry you feel we blew you off, i wish that you would have brought that to may attention at that time. We pride our self on customer service and that along with quality, is our top 2 priorities. Bottom line is, if not for customers we would not have a company. At the Shot Show we have a very small booth which is only 10x10, we try to man it with a least 3 guys all the time, but are usually swamped all day. Hopefully one of these years the Shot Show will allow us to get a bigger space so that we can take more staff, but I don't think that is going to happen until they change locations. If you would like to discuss or stocks I would be more than happen to spend all the time you would like on the phone, also if you would like to try out some of our stocks let me know and I will get you some production samples so you can to put them through the ringer as you see fit.. Thank you very much, [/quote]

That is customer service.

Tom Manners is one of nicest, most down to earth and honest people I've ever met. I can guarantee you he would never "blow" anyone off.

Call him, meet him and I promise you he'll get you fixed up and answer any questions.

Last edited by scenarshooter; 02/15/13.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
They were very helpful every time I called them . Never spoke to Tom but the lady was very good at answering my questions or getting an answer and calling me back.

Can't wait to try the SL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sendero_man

I will be at Scenarshooters in April for the Icebreaker # 3 if any one wants to look at or handle them in person. Or if you are coming thru the 307, fire me a PM and I can show ya in person.

Sendero,

I'll be in Buffalo WY this October for a hunt, would love to meet up with you. Maybe I'll bring my SL stocked rifle for that trip and we can compare.

Marty

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by JBO69
Hi, We just started taken orders for the new elite hunter stocks the week after the shot show, there is a bunch in system that are fast tracked that should be getting out in the next few weeks. Thank you very much,

With the recent price promotion on the EH series, had to order another one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by Sendero_man

Sendero,

I'll be in Buffalo WY this October for a hunt, would love to meet up with you. Maybe I'll bring my SL stocked rifle for that trip and we can compare.

Marty

Sounds good... Fire me a pm when it is closer. Look forward to it

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I know how some people feel about Manners Customer Service. I sent an email and Didnt expect to hear back right away. A few days later I got an email and voicemail back from Tom Manners. He needed to know more info to be able to completely give me a good recommendation for what I am looking for. I promptly sent an email back. And call a few days. Never talking to him but his voicemail leaving messages. Today I talked with a Gal in the office that could not give me a clue t help me. I asked if there was anyone that used their stock in Minnesota or Wisconsin she just said maybe and Didn't bother giving me any numbers. I asked again and same response. Maybe but I am not sure. And if there is they are just small smiths. All I wanted was to see and maybe handle one. If they could have provided me with phone numbers I could have called them my self to find out if they had any. He'll, I couldn't even get any info from her in any regards. She could answer any of my questions. And it was an hour before the close. When I told her I wanted to find out some info so I could place an order she was unable to help. Their hours are till 4:30 cst. It was 3:45 cst. If they are such a Small company I would have thought that after Tom got my email and several voicemails from me regarding purchasing 2 midrange and 2 at his upper end price range he wold have either called me or had someone call me. After alot of research I felt that they where the wat to go. But, starting to think that maybe I may have been mistaken. At $600 a pop for two and $900 a pop for the other two I want to buy from someone who cares about the customer. All of which I will be purchasing in the next 12 months. I hate when you seem to find a good product and call to ask questions before you order and people haven't got a clue what your talking about.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Or maybe they just don't care enough.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I just retread and hate autocorrect..

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Would you want a company you bought a product from giving out your personal info to some random dude that called asking for it? Didn't think so.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I should be fair and post the actual emails. The one below was emailed the same day as his response. As he stated he would try to call me on Wednesday. never heard a word. Even after I left messages.

Thanks for the return call today. I have 4 rifles that will eventually get new stocks. 7mm-08 and 2 .260 rem. The last is a Weatherby .270 wsm. Some have scopes already. Eventually they will all have 2.5-10x42 on them. Two for now will have 3-9x40 but will eventually have the 2.5-10x42. I am looking for the 7mm-08 and both .260s to have the same stocks and optics. So, all three are more or less exactly the same. I should be working alot of overtime this year so I am going to finish off my favorite rifles. Have been looking at the Mcmillan Edge and yours. Is there somewhere in the St.Paul area I could go look at your stocks? If not would it be possible to send me one EH and an SL to look at if I pay the shipping and a deposit on them? The barrel contour on the 7mm-08 will be #3 .625 I believe. Have to check with my smith to be sure that was what was ordered. One .260 is a #4 .670 and the other will be a #3 .630. The .260 I want to keep as light as possible but still have great integrity. The .270wsm is a factory barrel and most likely stay that way. I borrowed out my micrometer so I can't measure that. Anyway the best time to get a hold of me is generally after 3:30. Or I could call at noon. Thank you so much for your time and help.
Paul St Ores
651 226 xxxx
PS the .260's, one is a 700 Rem Mountain Rifle DM. The other is a Rem 700 CDL DM

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 5, 2013, at 1:38 PM, T MANNERS <tmannersmsn.com> wrote:

Hi Paul, Sorry for the delay, I just left you a voice mail on your phone. What type of scope are you going to be using, it will determin how high we need to get your cheek. There are three stock that I think will fit your needs, the mcs-sl, mcs-eh2 and the mcs-eh3. Are of these are more of amountain rifle stock. Each has special variation built in for different needs. I will try to get a hold of you end of the day or tomorrow. thank you very much,

Thomas A Manners
1232 Swift St.
North Kansas City, MO. 64116
816-283-3334

Subject: Remington 700 sps 7mm-08
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 19:11:33 -0600
To: TMANNERSmsn.com

Hi,
I am having a gun put together. So now am trying to put some money together for the stock. The barrel will be a #3 contour by Lilja at 23" long. The gun will be used in Northern Wisconsin Woods for stalking and stand hunting. I would like to keep the weight down somewhat. Like the Mountian rifle profiles. Which models would you suggest? Thanks for your time.
Paul St Ores
651 226 xxx

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 6 invisible), 1,424 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,591
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.