Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Very good, Kevin, as usual.
I'd just point out that my new SIG 220, with their "short reset trigger" has the easiest to use DA trigger I've ever found. And I've been shooting handguns of all sorts for 57 yrs.
The pull is longer, but not by much, than the SA trigger and both seem to be just as fast for me. Beats the "staple gun" trigger of the Glocks, and their clones, all hollow.
For any kind of precision shooting, nothing beats a well done 1911 trigger. E

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
KG I think the guy wants to know abut triggers for service type pistols. as much of a glock fan as I am. IMO a glock is not or should not be a competition gun. or at least in most competitions as we know them. for this purpose an all steel gun makes alot sense. 1911 or CZ 75 would be my first suggestion. The glock was made as a military/police gun, its not wanted or desired to have a light trigger pull. 5.5#'s as it comes is perfect for the design of the gun.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Regarding mucking with Glock and similar pistols triggers:

Even if you stick to factory ammunition, a hard or stiff anvil in a primer can be encountered; you really need full striker power in a striker fired pistol. I�ve never heard of a single military or law enforcement agency who has asked that the striker spring be reduced on their striker fired pistols. Now some have mucked with the trigger return spring weight, but I never the striker spring weight. There�s a reason for that; it�s a bad idea. The Glock, XD, and M&P are pretty damn good right out of the box, and honestly their triggers aren�t objectionable at all; only when compared to a well tuned 1911. I�ve seen several times someone talk about how smooth his DA revolver is, and then later on criticize the trigger of a Glock. When in fact, the Glock trigger is much smoother and lighter in pull that about 99% of all DA revolvers; including those that have been expertly tuned.

I agree, with a caveat or two. First, I'm not aware of anyone EVER having an issue with a Glock because he changed to a lighter (shallower angle) connector. The best I've found so far, is the Zevtec, but I've not tried them all. I know several people who've run lighter strikers and springs without issue, but even the companies who sell them don't reccomend them for carry guns.

TLee's Rx of a green NY1 trigger spring, a 3.5# connector (Zevtec) and a full polish of all the internals with a Dremel polishing bonnet and red, followed by green rouge gives a NICE trigger that doesn't stack, no "scratchiness", and feels very revolver like, you never feel it coming, it just goes. You just pull through it. My G19 so equipped weighs 5# hooked on the end of the trigger, against the trigger guard, and 6# in the center of the trigger.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,410
Posts18,489,010
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.