G
Your FFL doesn't know his ....

Never mind,

Phil

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The US military in CA can carry original Model 1911A1's, yet CA deems them unsafe. So CA knows more than our military. Yeah, right!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I was born in Inglewood, CA. I have lived in So Cal my entire life. But for the weather, I'd be outta here.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Was saying the same thing this afternoon having to put up with people driving in a light rain, and acting like it was some kind of thunder storm with no visibility!

Phil

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The FFL can have the gun in CA - they can sell it within the state as a LEO only gun - I have gotten a couple sweet deals as a LEO, even though the whole thing disgusts me.

I suggest civil disobedience, but cant give you any details, lets just say if it was a single shot, or single action only you could buy it. look around, there are FFL's in CA who have the SA only S&W parts in their shops and will buy them back from you in a New York minute.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

IC B2

EricM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Feel for you. I often feel that we all are safer when our legislatures are on break; it seems axiomatic that when you are elected to office--state or federal--these guys have to pass stuff with little back ground knowledge. We have a proliferation of laws, rules, regulations, limits, and stipulations with 95 % of their proponents knowing not a jot or tittle what the ramifications are, or whether the original goal was realized.

Thanks, I feel better now grin

I'm sure it was passed as some sort of "gun safety" law. What a crock. I'd bet very few of the legislators actually read the bill, or knew anything about guns.

Eric

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
A LEO purchasing the gun has nothing to do with it! Purchaser can't leagly own the gun in California therefore can't leagly sell it to any one... FFL that has the gun can't leagly sell the gun because also it isn't his to sell... Fact it should already be on the FFL's books as having to be returned to seller. That seller can sell it to who ever he/she wants, as long as it is outside of California or to a LEO... but theres already been a few law officers in Los Angeles being brought up on charges of illeagly importing for sale.

Phil

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm getting out of California while I can. Luckily the Air Force will provide that opportunity. Plus I have a girlfriend who wants to live in the same area I do later on in life. wink

Last edited by Winnie1300; 12/29/12. Reason: Smartasses...
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
As mentioned it has been in effect for some time. When it was originally written it required new models or even variations of the model to be submitted for a destructive drop test. IIRC it there had to be several (I think 5 of each) submitted for the destructive testing and something as simple as a change in barrel length would require more testing. At the time some of the smaller custom shops like Wilson Combat and Freedom Arms said there was no way they would ever sell in california, they could not financially justify the loss of product to comply with testing. I know some caved and over one model for sale in California.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EricM
Originally Posted by pira114
I hate that rule too, but are you sure about the 629? I see them for sale in my gun shop all the time.

If you look at the top DOJ link I included, the 629 series starts with the 629-6. The -2 to -5s are not on the roster.

There's got to be some way to make this happen..

Eric

Sorry to hear it all due to a dash model ....nucking futs

Originally Posted by Greyghost
Law has been on the book for quite a few years, Jan, 2002 or 1003 I think... Never buy a handgun without checking the list first, and don't take it for granted if it was legal last month that it is legal this month!

Best bet, buy it from a California dealer, it they're selling it then it's leagal... and cheaper in the long run. Even if your buying a used gun/rifle the FFL Dealer is required now to collect a sales/use tax on it... not to mention that the transfer is more expensive for a used out of state gun!

So even if it was a legal gun one that was on the list, by the time you paid shipping, use tax, and transfer, well!

Phil

Go lick your masters balls some more......

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Immediately move out of that communist chithole and have the FFL send it to one in your new home state, take possession there.

Problem solved.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A LEO purchasing the gun has nothing to do with it! Purchaser can't leagly own the gun in California therefore can't leagly sell it to any one... FFL that has the gun can't leagly sell the gun because also it isn't his to sell... Fact it should already be on the FFL's books as having to be returned to seller. That seller can sell it to who ever he/she wants, as long as it is outside of California or to a LEO... but theres already been a few law officers in Los Angeles being brought up on charges of illeagly importing for sale.

Phil

Some of this is partly true some totally true, but it misses the point that there are ways out of this predicament for the buyer - I amnot saying it wont take some paperwork and maybe some shipping charges, BUT - a knowledgeable FFL could clean this mess up - so STOP MAKING IT WORSE BY BEING A NAYSAYER.

Those cops were walking close to the edge - most people wont get into trouble because they are not trying to use their LEO status for profit.

This can be cleared up without using the LEO exception. You missed my point.

Last edited by siskiyous6; 12/29/12.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
California sucks and I knew that 10 years ago when I lived there. It will never go back to what it used to be. Too many winners leaving the state and more and more losers moving in.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it can be done, head over to the CalGuns website and ask there, if there is a way to do it they will know how. You might be able to do it if it is bought within CA, check with CalGuns.

I have seen mountain guns for sale in CA, so maybe it is bringing an out of state guns in...not sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Phil

That is not accurate, guns not on the approved list are not illegal to own, I believe this is a list listing what gunshops can and cannot sell. When the Ruger LCP came out it was not on the list, but a gunshop ordered it with a 6" barrel to make it legal. Once they sold it to me, I brought it back and asked them to make it a 2", which they did as a repair. A year later I sold the gun to another private party using an FFL. Like I said, that list is for dealers selling guns, I don't think it applies to private sales within the state. I am pretty sure if you want a 629-4 you can find and own one, not sure about one from out of state.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EricM
I knew there was a banned list (certain "assault" rifles, etc.) but had no idea there was a list for handguns like this. I mean, come on, it's a freakin' revolver! Give me a break.

Eric

Well it's about the drop test, not lethal effectiveness.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I almost feel good about living in NY crazy

Not really, we are just as screwed up.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Phil

That is not accurate, guns not on the approved list are not illegal to own, I believe this is a list listing what gunshops can and cannot sell. When the Ruger LCP came out it was not on the list, but a gunshop ordered it with a 6" barrel to make it legal. Once they sold it to me, I brought it back and asked them to make it a 2", which they did as a repair. A year later I sold the gun to another private party using an FFL. Like I said, that list is for dealers selling guns, I don't think it applies to private sales within the state. I am pretty sure if you want a 629-4 you can find and own one, not sure about one from out of state.

Just finished the thread, I didn't realize you were talking about THAT particular revolver...sorry

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Did I ever tell you guys I'm glad I live in Utah!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Did I ever tell you guys I'm glad I live in Utah!

Shaddup and go shovel your driveway. smile

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,171
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.