-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 695 of 2,579 1 2 693 694 695 696 697 2578 2579
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The tail will stay white Sammo....dat should be a tough little dog. A good heeler is as good as the best...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Dunno 'bout them boys, but I approve. I've a long time friend who not long ago (in scale of the universe) inquired as to who made good accurate rifles these days, so I told him Cooper and also suggested that Dakota made some nice stuff as well. I gave it little additional thought.

Went to visit him more recently and the insensitive phouc shows me his three Coopers and two Dakotas. Man, that hurt.

What really hurt was he had inquired about reloading and having given some advise on that he had thrown himself off Earth's edge and stocked up, mostly doing in a few weeks what I had accomplished in 30+ years of the past time.

Then we went to the range. Because I had "mentioned" Leupold all of his guns sport Leupold glass. Them phoucers owe me....Then he lays his gottdam Cooper .308 on the bags and one holes three shots at 200 yards.

He says his .223's (one each manf.) shoot just as good. Next time I see him I'm gonna mention something called "AI" just to see where he goes with that.

Phouc. Just phouc. Phoucin' phoucers owe me...

grin grin grin

Damn I really hate them Coopers, especially the Montana Varminters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh

[Linked Image]

They kinda clash with my other 2 Varminters Top to bottom

Ruger 77 243, twisted 12 6x24x44 target dot.
Model 22 220 Swift 26", 5.5 X 20 X 44 Nikon fine plex target
Ruger 1 22.250 5.5 X 20 X 44 Nikon Varmint plex target
Model 21 223, 6 X 18 Leupy Varmint
Model 21 223, 6 X 18 Leupy Varmint ( the wife decided this one was hers, so had to buy another) But I still get to shoot it. grin

[Linked Image]

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
'Flave beautiful engagement photo, I mistook the sparkler for a large golden diamond.

My dad got a new pup yesterday, one of his good friends gave it to him. Folk's came in for dinner yesterday so of course I told them to bring the little man.

[Linked Image]

That dog is gonna kick some cow ass!

I still don't know how you keep your kitchen so clean..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Nice rifles Swifty.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by SLM
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]
Cooper M 22 Phoenix .22-250 with a 3.5x-10x Leupold.Will the Grand Poohbah and Deflave approve of this firearm,waiting with bated breath. laugh

That's one I would like to shoot.
Naw,it kicks like a mule and shoots like a shotgun. whistle Or,you will shoot better groups than me and TRY and buy it. grin[Linked Image]
Here is the first coyote killed with the Cooper December 2011.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are, but there's a burden to owning such things. There's not much challenge to making them shoot. I mean, WTF? You buy it, find out it don't matter what you stuff in it, the damn thing is gonna rock no matter what. A good old Ruger #1, hell, you can run thru 5-6 bullet styles and weights, a pound or three of powder and maybe, just maybe, you'll find nirvana. If you're not lucky. If you are, well, another bunch of bullets and more powder. With any luck at all you might burn out the barrel before you're done with it. Eternal amusement that. Keeps you out of the bars and divorce court and all that chitt.

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Drool,drool,drool,wanted a Cooper in .22 BR,but wife said no,so now wanting one in .308,wife still says no. frown

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Agreed. They're no fun.

I have an all stainless 54 Excalibur 7-08 on order. I hope it's no fun either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

That right there is a classic pic. LMAO!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Dunno 'bout them boys, but I approve. I've a long time friend who not long ago (in scale of the universe) inquired as to who made good accurate rifles these days, so I told him Cooper and also suggested that Dakota made some nice stuff as well. I gave it little additional thought.

Went to visit him more recently and the insensitive phouc shows me his three Coopers and two Dakotas. Man, that hurt.

What really hurt was he had inquired about reloading and having given some advise on that he had thrown himself off Earth's edge and stocked up, mostly doing in a few weeks what I had accomplished in 30+ years of the past time.

Then we went to the range. Because I had "mentioned" Leupold all of his guns sport Leupold glass. Them phoucers owe me....Then he lays his gottdam Cooper .308 on the bags and one holes three shots at 200 yards.

He says his .223's (one each manf.) shoot just as good. Next time I see him I'm gonna mention something called "AI" just to see where he goes with that.

grin grin grin
DD,you should have told him Savage rifles and BSA scopes. shocked grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Agreed. They're no fun.

You turbo-suck. laugh

BD

I am..........disturbed.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Agreed. They're no fun.

Tell you what shortactionsmoker,I'll save you the heart breaking trauma and I'll take it off your hands for a $1.50. grin

Last edited by elkhunternm; 12/30/12.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
heelers are the best damn dogs in the world.

and corgis are a close second

FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

grin grin grin

Funny you say that. I did mention Savages and he bought one of those too, a .223 plain jane SS. Leupold glass and it runs sub MOA with his loads. He got bored then and went to the dark side.

I am always gonna not ever recommend BSA scopes to anyone I like. Not even as a joke.

I am..........disturbed.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Agreed. They're no fun.

You turbo-suck. laugh

BD

It should be here soon. I actually ordered it for my dad. I used his initials and birthday as the custom serial number. It may be several years before I get to do any hunting with it....but no matter what he and I will always be hunting together.

Don't tell him. He lurks here some.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Agreed. They're no fun.

Tell you what shortactionsmoker,I'll save you the heart breaking trauma and I'll take it off your hands for a $1.50. grin

I'll keep your offer in mind, but don't be expecting a PM!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E

grin grin grin

Funny you say that. I did mention Savages and he bought one of those too, a .223 plain jane SS. Leupold glass and it runs sub MOA with his loads. He got bored then and went to the dark side.

I am always gonna not ever recommend BSA scopes to anyone I like. Not even as a joke.
I never used BSA,are they that bad? Weaver is as "cheap" as I'll go.

Dang,next time tell him to buy a Holland & Holland .500 NE.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Agreed. They're no fun.

I'll keep your offer in mind, but don't be expecting a PM!
cry laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]
This is a Winchester M 70 (BACO) .243 Win with a Weaver 4x. Another coyote gun,this one has 3 dogs to it's credit,sorry no pics with the dogs. frown

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by rockchucker

red heeler?

Yep, both parents are full-time ranch dogs as well. Should be a tough little dog.

Think he'll keep the white tail or will it turn red when he gets older? And no he ain't getting docked!

[Linked Image]

Sammy-Boy....good looking pooch and damn fine wooomin to hold onto! I [bleep] love you Montana dudes!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Page 695 of 2,579 1 2 693 694 695 696 697 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,757
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.