-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 734 of 2,579 1 2 732 733 734 735 736 2578 2579
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She got herself a nice mutton snapper there and a bone. Standing by for man jokes.

You boys what never had a 8-10# bone hooked up on an 8 wt rig never ever saw a drag get smoked like they do. Them frickin' things are rocket boosted. grin

Last edited by DigitalDan; 01/02/13.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
She got herself a nice mutton snapper there and a bone. Standing by for man jokes.

You boys what never had a 8-10 bone hooked up on an 8 wt rig never ever saw a drag get smoked like they do. Them frickin' things are rocket boosted. grin

Hooked up about a 25 lb King Mackerel one day on a 7 ft. freshwater rig we used for bait with an old school Mitchell 300 on it...blue smoke literally came out of that reel!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

You boys what never had a 8-10# bone hooked up on an 8 wt rig never ever saw a drag get smoked like they do. Them frickin' things are rocket boosted. grin

I like her mutton snapper too.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Yes,mainly the wife and daughter want a bear skin,and they TOLD, yes,TOLD me to get one,so being that my arm was being twisted,I said yes. grin

Being never seen or shot a bear,just looking for a good bear with color(blond,brown or cinnamon.)

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Yes,mainly the wife and daughter want a bear skin,and they TOLD, yes,TOLD me to get one,so being that my arm was being twisted,I said yes. grin

Being never seen or shot a bear,just looking for a good bear with color(blond,brown or cinnamon.)

Heres a couple to wet your whistle...

Cinnamon

[Linked Image]

Blonde

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe

You boys what never had a 8-10 bone hooked up on an 8 wt rig never ever saw a drag get smoked like they do. Them frickin' things are rocket boosted. grin

Hooked up about a 25 lb King Mackerel one day on a 7 ft. freshwater rig we used for bait with an old school Mitchell 300 on it...blue smoke literally came out of that reel!

Kings be some sport, let there be no doubt! Fish that size on a 300 Mitchell...giggle...BTDT.

I've spent a lot of time in the salty part of the world and caught more than my share, not that I'm complainin', but there are three, maybe four, depending on perspective, among all that will make your tackle seem feeble after the strike.

Big tuna and wahoo, nothing beats them for MPH or requires more of a drag.

Marlin will sure as chitt make your heavy tackle shrink when they come up behind a bait looking like a sub.

Bonefish on light spin or fly, holy moly....you'll mumble to yourself.

Another humbling experience is an early season female tarpon on light casting gear of fly in the flats. 175-200# of minnow jumping in 4' of water is a tackle shrinker. If they look like they're going to jump into the boat, and on occasion they do, it'll make your scrotum shrink up about the size of a mustard seed.

I've read a lot of "experts" say that one fish can do 35 and another maybe 40 but they seldom claim higher speeds. They are fulla chitt. Some of those beasts are fully capable of speeds near 60 mph. I know this because I've had them mark time with me in a boat that would do that, and I've also had them jump parallel beside me while going that fast. Tuna, Wahoo, and to a lesser degree,blue marlin make their living running fish down. They don't survive by being slower than the prey.

Likewise, dolphin or porpoise if you prefer. Had a pod of them run me down on angle and start doing crossovers under my bow one day with the Loran and speedo showing just over 60. They were horsing around...playing...

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I likee that cinnamon...

I am..........disturbed.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Heres a couple to wet your whistle...

Cinnamon

[Linked Image]

Blonde

[Linked Image]

Ingwe,GOOD news,my daughter likes the cinnamon bear. cool

Ingwe,you're a cruel man,putting that 7x57 mauser in the picture. shocked laugh

Last edited by elkhunternm; 01/02/13.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
How does bear skin clean up? Just askin....

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

[Linked Image]

I remember taking that picture.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

For BGG...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's bricktop's hand doing in it?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I'm afraid of automatic knives. I fear I will separate myself from my crank.

phouc snakes with a big splintery phoucing stick.

I find garde/farm implements to work well...rakes, hoes, shovel etc. Keeps them at a distance when I chop their miserable heads off. Would love to try one of them Bond arms snake charmers...

The 2.5 inch shells are not so bad, the 3 inch buck shot loads make your wrist a bit sore. It Damn near takes 2 fingers to pull the trigger. My dad has one for self protection on his lawn mower. He really hates snakes.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Great to hear a real lif review! I think the smaller shells would be just fine...I like the way your Dad rolls!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by DanAdair
[bleep] all ya'll.

I don't want to go back to work frown

Best shove off and get back to work matey.

Pita bread doesn't just fall out of the sky.

Travis

Haha... Shut it Baldy Spice Girl.

Flannery says hi. Actually she said "what are those two obnoxious [bleep] up too??" Then HHG got a little bit jealous, and she dissapeared into the crowd at The Northern. Her ass is still amazing...

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FJ,

How's your pet Gerbil doing there little buddy?

[Linked Image]

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Poobah,

Do you know that chick? Where did you kill those squirrels? Or are you eating gophers?

Good morning to the rest of you [bleep] as well.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DanAdair

Haha... Shut it Baldy Spice Girl.

Flannery says hi. Actually she said "what are those two obnoxious [bleep] up too??" Then HHG got a little bit jealous, and she dissapeared into the crowd at The Northern. Her ass is still amazing...

JFC! Man the life boat! You are stalking a woman and she is frightened! Leave her alone.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

For BGG...

[Linked Image]

Strange critter for Bozo.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
that's f'd up Rancho

Bought a little 20 gauge 870 for homestead last year. Friggin rattlers.

MAGA
Page 734 of 2,579 1 2 732 733 734 735 736 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 70 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,467
Posts18,529,267
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.