Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From their Facebook page....

A highly offensive ad has begun to appear online bearing the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence logo. The Brady Campaign has no affiliation with this ad in any way. We are working hard to have it removed and want to assure our supporters in the strongest terms, that we have no involvement with this whatsoever. Thank you all for your continued support.

I am thinking that this might be the one they are referencing here?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
LOL how embarrassing for the twits laugh

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, now are they saying it's offensive because guns would be an answer in that situation!? confused

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I posted it on facebook. If they can confuse the public with misinformation, so can we.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
So, now are they saying it's offensive because guns would be an answer in that situation!? confused

+1 :))

Stush
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Wow! So a women defending herself against a rapist that jumps her from the bushes is a murderer??

Yes, but the good kind... laugh

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's hear them explain how women should protect themselves from rape to put this to an end.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[quote=pa_gus]I posted it on facebook. If they can confuse the public with misinformation, so can we. [/quote

Exactly

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here ya go, right off the brady bunch web site.

PROBLEM: There are too many victims of gun violence because we make it too easy for dangerous people to get dangerous weapons in America.

DID YOU KNOW? In one year on average, more than 100,000 people in America are shot or killed with a gun. Click here to see a fact sheet summarizing gun deaths and injuries over an average year.

�Over a million people have been killed with guns in the United States since 1968, when Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy were assassinated (Childrens� Defense Fund, p. 20).

�U.S. homicide rates are 6.9 times higher than rates in 22 other populous high-income countries combined, despite similar non-lethal crime and violence rates. The firearm homicide rate in the U.S. is 19.5 times higher (Richardson, p.1).

�Among 23 populous, high-income countries, 80% of all firearm deaths occurred in the United States (Richardson, p. 1).

�Gun violence impacts society in countless ways: medical costs, costs of the criminal justice system, security precautions such as metal detectors, and reductions in quality of life because of fear of gun violence. These impacts are estimated to cost U.S. citizens $100 billion annually (Cook, 2000).
DID YOU KNOW? Where there are more guns, there are more gun deaths. �An estimated 41% of gun-related homicides and 94% of gun-related suicides would not occur under the same circumstances had no guns been present (Wiebe, p. 780).
�Higher household gun ownership correlates with higher rates of homicides, suicides, and unintentional shootings (Harvard Injury Control Center).
�Keeping a firearm in the home increases the risk of suicide by a factor of 3 to 5 and increases the risk of suicide with a firearm by a factor of 17 (Kellermann, 1992, p. 467; Wiebe, p. 771).
�Keeping a firearm in the home increases the risk of homicide by a factor of 3 (Kellermann, 1993, p. 1084).
DID YOU KNOW? On the whole, guns are more likely to raise the risk of injury than to confer protection.
�A gun in the home is 22 times more likely to be used in a completed or attempted suicide (11x), criminal assault or homicide (7x), or unintentional shooting death or injury (4x) than to be used in a self-defense shooting. (Kellermann, 1998, p. 263).
�Guns are used to intimidate and threaten 4 to 6 times more often than they are used to thwart crime (Hemenway, p. 269).
�Every year there are only about 200 legally justified self-defense homicides by private citizens (FBI, Expanded Homicide Data, Table 15) compared with over 30,000 gun deaths (NCIPC).
�A 2009 study found that people in possession of a gun are 4.5 times more likely to be shot in an assault (Branas).
DID YOU KNOW? Assaults and suicide attempts with firearms are much more likely to be fatal than those perpetrated with less lethal weapons or means. Removing guns saves lives. �There are five times as many deaths from gun assaults as from knife assaults, where the rates of assault with knives and with guns are similar (Zimring, p. 199).
�More than 90 percent of suicide attempts with a gun are fatal (Miller, 2004, p. 626). In comparison, only 3 percent of attempts with drugs or cutting are fatal (Miller, 2004, p. 626).
DID YOU KNOW? Guns can be sold in the United States without a background check to screen out criminals or the mentally ill.
�It is estimated that over forty percent of gun acquisitions occur in the secondary market. That means that they happen without a Brady background check at a federally licensed dealer (Cook, p. 26).
�Sales from federal firearm licensees (FFLs) require a background check. Sales between individuals, under federal law, do not require a background check. This means that felons can �lie and buy� at gun shows and other places where guns are readily available.

SOLUTION: We need to make it harder for convicted felons, the dangerously mentally ill, and other prohibited persons to obtain guns by implementing strong gun laws and policies that will protect our families and communities from gun violence.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColoradoPipeliner
They are already denying its theirs. I would bet Calvin is correct.

Let's all say it's theirs. whistle

Throw them on the defensive a little. laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pa_gus
I posted it on facebook. If they can confuse the public with misinformation, so can we.

Rules for radicals, use it on 'em. I'm going to do the same.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The very sad truth of this is that although the Brady campaign probably didn't publish the Ad, what they ARE doing with the gun control they support accomplishes literally the same thing depicted in that Ad... mad

Never underestimate their stupid either. They WOULD have ALL guns if they thought they COULD.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by ColoradoPipeliner
They are already denying its theirs. I would bet Calvin is correct.

Let's all say it's theirs. whistle

Throw them on the defensive a little. laugh

I like that strategy. After all, it may not be the Brady Campaign's shoe, but I'll bet it's a close fit.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Lots of new "young" gunowners over the last few years. Nice to see they're actually willing to use some of their computer skills to beat the Libs at their own game. The NRA, the GOP, and others would do well to utilize some of these skills, rather than assuming that a bunch of 65 year-old white guys rambling on about the Constitution and "conservative principles" is somehow gonna get the job done....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good reason to carry a gun rather than a condom.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Crikey! So the Brady people want women to lay down and take the salami like a good victim? If they think putting a round into a rapist is worse than a rapist putting his tool into a victim is just sick!

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
What's next? Spare a life and lay back and enjoy?

BTDT 1980's

It was taught in HS while I attended. Health class. "best in some instances if you know your life is on the line, just let them and you will have at least spared your life."

I [bleep] you not.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
What's next? Spare a life and lay back and enjoy?

BTDT 1980's

It was taught in HS while I attended. Health class. "best in some instances if you know your life is on the line, just let them and you will have at least Ispared your life."

I [bleep] you not.

Yep except rapists are smart enough to.know that dead victims can't testify. And try as we might we don't solveany.murders in an hour like theybdo.on TV

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Who needs guns when you have free birth control. grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Apparentally the half/brain Brady bastards are ignoring the murdered rape victims.

sick s.o.b's !

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

302 members (1lesfox, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 30 invisible), 1,799 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,066
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.