Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
AlaskaCub I disagree with you on part of that. I think most of the completely over the top pricing you saw was a bunch of bullsh_t. I think people were bidding up their own wears to make it look like they were getting those prices. In reality they never sold.

Prime example I was buying and selling Pmags on e-bay. I knew what I was selling my mags I already had at, so I knew what my buying price had to be under to make a profit. I won several bids for three new in wrapping mags @ under $100. I was selling and actual sold several lots of three mags new in packaging for $150.00. So everything I could find for $100 or under I was buying. Several that I bid on closed at crazy high prices, then I got a message from them saying if I am stilling wanting the mags at my max price they would sell them to me. This tells me they were bidding up their own products.

I bought two different lots of ten Pmags for $300.00 when they closed at over $600.00. Why would anyone in their right mind take $300 for what they supposedly had offers in the $600 range? Note I said Plural, meaning it takes more then one offer to get it up to that kind of price. So lets say it was only two different people bidding you honestly believe both parties backed out? And then I was the next closest bidder at only $300.00?

Same thing happened on GB. Now we see two to three times the price which I would say is stable and has been for now anyways.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 01/07/13.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
I had a local gun store owner show me thier lowers. qouted me a price of 120.00 He called me and said they were in stock but up the price by 75%. I politely told him to get f-ucked and he no longer had my business..... I will wait till the hysteria is over.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Montanacreekhunter, or he sold his lot of 10 for $600 and then sold an additional lot for $30 to you. Remember he still made $20 a piece off of you. If I had say, 1000 mags and there were a few that were stupid enough to pay $60 each, I'd sell them and hit everyone else who was willing to play at $30 each too.

But then you turned around and sold them even higher making less money than he did...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I highly doubt that, but could have. However I did this for almost a month from multiple sellers. You don't know what they paid for the mags to begin with so you don't know what the mark up was and nor do I. personally I don't care what they made as it was easy money for me.

All I am saying is a lot of those really outragouse prices were self inflated and most likely not really sold. As for what I made, it was pure profit on my end so if I made more or less then they did I could careless. For me it was free money, all I had to do was buy lower then I was selling for and I did. So even if I made less doesn't matter, because I made more money then I had before.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
What I see here in gun shops is bare shelves. That alone tells me prices are high and are going to stay high atleast until those selves are full again.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All I know is that I sold my used LE6920 for $2200 in less than 30 minutes and had 3 guys inside that 30 minutes want to take it. On the Texas forum which is full of AR guys, a NIB LE6920 selling for $1900 just the other day took a week or so and he hadn't sold it. AR15.com classifieds are full of overpriced AR's that the prices are being reduced multiple times in an attempt to recoup some cash. People are coming to their senses the problem is the entire supply chain is currently in private hands, and no longer in the stores. So either these guys will hang on to everything they have (which some will do) and some will end up getting butt hurt as the prices are coming down and their imaginary profit margin is dissipating but they realize how much money they have tied up in this stuff. The Gun shows as of this weekend are full of overpriced sellers and theres very little buying going on at this price point, same couldn't be said in the first panic week following the Conn shooting. It'll pass like everything else.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Sold my used RRA coyote for $2000 on GB last week and the check is cashed. Had a supplier call me to sell pmags, all I wanted for $20 apiece. I said no thanks. The craze is close to being over until they begin debating the laws, then there will be another one, albeit smaller I'm thinking.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Anyone that was not smart enough to be immune to the current market gets what is coming, stupid should hurt

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm tempted to sell my bushmaster orc in 308 while prices are up. I bought on a clearance 3 years ago and haven't used it much at all. I'd have a harder time getting rid of my rra predator pursuit because it's on of my most accurate rifles, but at these prices the funds could go a long ways towards a nice custom bolt gun.

I listed my first items on gunbroker this week instead of putting them on this forum or snipershide. I didn't want to tick people off here because I might have made a profit on them. They were ruger bx-25 25 round 10/22 mags. I bought them last week at what seemed like a little high price but they all sold on the auction for an average of $70 each. It's a shame I didn't feel like I could list them for that here because of the capitalism and free market haters lately. If I see something that I want and think it's too high I make an offer. If they don't accept I don't get angry.

I've sold several guns and parts at a loss and made a few bucks on some parts here and there when I've bought them right. But Ive never sold anything for more than it was worth, at least to the buyer.

If New Jersy wouldn't have had anti price gouging laws people there would have had a much easier time getting fuel after the storm. Capitolistic people would have got fuel in there but it wasn't worth the risk and extra effort for 10%.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 01/07/13.
496 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think when another 2-3 million people have semi-automatic weapons the price will go down.

AN OATH IS NOT SOMETHING YOU GIVE BACK UNLESS YOUR A POLITICIAN!

RACISM ALWAYS EQUALS FEAR!

THE WANTS OF THE FEW SHOULD NOT OUTWEIGH THE RIGHT OF THE MANY!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BLAH BLAH BLAH crazy

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Price gouging commodities that people need should be Illegal! AR-15's and Pmags are not things people need, they are luxuries just like new cell phones, video games for kids,etc. if you just gotta have it while its hot........you gotta pay the piper!!! They don't get you to work, doesn't heat your home or feed your children!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
AC, who should be the judge of what is gouging? I'm curious as to how it would work.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not selling or buying right now, but I think if the market will bring a price, the seller should get it.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffP40
AC, who should be the judge of what is gouging? I'm curious as to how it would work.

I'll answer. The consumer. I saw it last week end at the gunshow. Lots of gougers, but no gougies. Some people were laughing about the prices and the venders were trying to keep a straight face.

I think the prices will stay a little higher for awhile longer but the panic is over and those with inventory that want to sell will have to lower thier prices to move it.

Now with that said, when the proposed legislation is introduced later this month it may very well set off another buying wave.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffP40

Way too deep and lengthy of a debate to get into on that subject, don't desire to even start. All Im saying is that to compare AR-15's and plastic magazines to gasoline and milk when folks are hurting is laughable at best. I have literally seen people die as a result of not being able to keep up with the rising price of oil and in turn not having the funds to heat their home which forced them to exercise dangerous measures in an attempt to survive, all while someone was getting stupid rich. I know Govt is [bleep] on just about every level but some price gouging and the greed that drives prices up and down unnecessarily has to be controlled by someone/something, we humans are our own worst enemies!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
AKCub, can you post a link to the Texas Forum you referred to ? Thanks.

Glad to see the AR forum here is active.

N.R.A. Endowment Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Its not an AR forum, its just that so many guys down here have and use AR's that the firearms classifieds has tons of AR and AR accessories for sale.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/38/6/Firearms_Sales_Trades_and_Guns

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Cub, what fast service.

You mean that a lot of guys use the AR platform to hunt with ? That would be shocking to CNN Piers Morgan, who says no one uses it for hunting.

I heard on CNN today that on the White House web site over 107,000 people have signed a petition for Piers Morgan to be deported.

I think unlike most things the Gov't undertakes, that deportation would be a good use of our strained resources.

N.R.A. Endowment Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i had know problem selling my bushmaster last week at the local gunshow for twice what i payed for it. they were begging for them.

its the american way,if the demand is there sell it.

Last edited by srwshooter; 01/08/13.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 4,268 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,701
Posts18,534,667
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.