Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Love to meet you in back of the old trailer park mofo come on track me down take some travlen pics to post on your way
!!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ldholton
Love to meet you in back of the old trailer park mofo come on track me down take some travlen pics to post on your way
!!
I don't swing that way, Mr. Deliverance.

[Linked Image]

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
lol see you can be funny but that is all other than that you are a loud mouthed POS do all the good folks on here a favor and roll over and die!!
Just what if any kinda of shooting have you done other than in your wet dreams ? any matches ? what kind? where ? come one bless us with your knowelege ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't read your mangled-ass "engrish," but I'm guessing this makes you all kinds of excited:

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Bricktop

And you keep avoiding the question I'm asking, do you or do you not understand the phrase "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR," yes or no?

Only an idiot would accept that statement as always factual. I guess we know where that leaves you.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Timbo
And you keep avoiding the question I'm asking, do you or do you not understand the phrase "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR," yes or no?
Only an idiot would accept that statement as always factual. I guess we know where that leaves you.
Yes or no, do you or do you not understand the phrase "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR?" Yes or no?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I have been intrigued by the T-Bolt concept since its inception, waaaay back when. This, er, discussion got me to thinking about it again. Aside from a pile of run-of-the-mill .22's I keep around for sentimental reasons, my go-to rifles for serious shooting/hunting are a M1922M2 Springfield and a custom Martini 12/15. Frankly both are getting a bit heavy for my gimpy self to lug around the woods all day and my thoughts are turning toward a new lighter, but accurate, rifle. That said:
A) how much do these things weigh (wood stock version- humor me my preference for wood)?
B) what kind of accuracy can I expect out of the box, with say premium match ammo? (The Springfield and Martini have me spoiled with their sub-�" groups at 50M.)
C) how effortless is the bolt operation? (I know not to expect the ease/quickness of an Olympic Biathlon thumb-cocker, but is it a step up from 'normal' bolt operation?

My inclination at this point is to build a M52 Sporter with a lightweight barrel, out of a 52A target rifle that is tempting me at a local shop, but I just don't need any more projects at the moment.
I can give you the weight of my synthetic .22 LR version with Leupold 2x7 Rimfire scope in Browning/Talley rings and bases as a ballpark figure. It comes in at 5.5 pounds on my postal scale. As for accuracy, I don't have a target handy, but I shot a coyote from a pond dam at an honest 125 yards with one round. Surely that would meet your standards. Effort of operation is fairly light, though I could hang a weight from the bolt and measure the actual force needed to cycle it.
can hit a coyote at 125 yrs wow that is diffently acccurate and impressive LOL not ,get out and shot with the big boys now and see how life treats you , yes you can bring your momma if it makes you feel safer laugh

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
But if I or the mrs. were a scope craweler(meaning if it were mounted too far foward) the bolt might hit the eyepeice but most scope crawlers are either inexperanced or bad shooters

Your might need to explain that one to me. confused
The length of pull on any particular gun is what determines the placement of my scopes on all my guns. It is what it is.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
But if I or the mrs. were a scope craweler(meaning if it were mounted too far foward) the bolt might hit the eyepeice but most scope crawlers are either inexperanced or bad shooters

The length of pull on any particular gun is what determines the placement of my scopes on all my guns. It is what it is.
some people like to keep their head more upright and the scope mounted a bit futer back and some seem to lay on the stock a bit harder and have the scope futher foward. If you go to silhoutte matches (or other offhand types of shooting) you will see generally the best shooters don't "crawl" up to their scope.
Now a kid useing a gun a bit too long for them can create problems , but keep in mind habits both good and bad are created early in life

Last edited by ldholton; 01/10/13.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
" You get what you pay for" yeap it could be proformance or looks. Browning looks better you bet no contest,

I personaly don't agree with this either. The t-bolt looks like an automatic to me. When it come to accuracy does it really matter? No,....but I prefer the traditional look of the lift handle on a bolt action gun...just my own preference.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
" You get what you pay for" yeap it could be proformance or looks. Browning looks better you bet no contest,

I personaly don't agree with this either. The t-bolt looks like an automatic to me. When it come to accuracy does it really matter? No,....but I prefer the tradition look of the lift handle on a bolt action gun...just my own preference.
I ain't crazy about the strait pull either but I was meaning the fit and finish Browning does have nice wood and metal work

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

some people like to keep their head more upright and the scope mounted a bit futer back and some seem to lay on the stock a bit harder and have the scope futher foward. If you go to silhoutte matches (or other offhand types of shooting) you will see generally the best shooters don't "crawl" up to their scope

I don't know much about controlled shooting matches. So I reckon maybe the inexperiance part might apply to me there. But I do know about killing stuff in real life hunting situations. And when I shoulder a rifle for a shot(off hand or otherwise), there is no consideration of the scope at all other than setting the cross hairs on the animal.

If I have to adjust my head OR even think about correcting the view thru the scope beyond my natural shouldering of the rifle, then the scope is not in the correct position on the gun.
As i said, it is what it is and it is determined by the lop and heel drop of any particular rifle...and it might not be the same for me as it is for you.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

some people like to keep their head more upright and the scope mounted a bit futer back and some seem to lay on the stock a bit harder and have the scope futher foward. If you go to silhoutte matches (or other offhand types of shooting) you will see generally the best shooters don't "crawl" up to their scope
I agree evryone will be a bit different do to body build how every most people are more comfertable and natural with the head held more upright and not "pushing" out in front of them.

I don't know much about controlled shooting matches.So i reckon maybe the inexperiance part might apply to me there. But I do know about killing stuff in real life hunting situations. And when I shoulder a rifle for a shot(off hand or otherwise), there is no consideration of the scope at all other than setting the cross hairs on the animal.

If I have to adjust my head OR even think about correcting the view thru the scope beyong my natural shouldering of the rifle, then the scope is not in the correct position on the gun.
As i said, it is what it is and it is determined by the lop of any particular rifle...and it might not be the same for me as it is for you.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
[bleep] ,
you are boring,
Adios

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes or no, do you or do you not understand the phrase "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR?" Yes or no?

Let's get this back to your level so you can understand it. When you're flipping those burgers, does the spatula that costs more mean it's always better? Or perhaps the QVC spatula costs more because it's better looking or you're paying for the name.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let's get this back to your level so you can understand it. When you're flipping those burgers, does the spatula that costs more mean it's always better? Or perhaps the QVC spatula costs more because it's better looking or you're paying for the name.
Do you or do you not understand what the phrase "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" means? Yes or no?

I don't give a good God-damn about any of your f*cking emotional hangups or projections of your sad life and even sadder background. I want to see if you can answer a simple question.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Shut up Bricktop and back to the fries before you burn them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do you or do you not understand what the phrase "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" means? Yes or no?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Back in the late 80's I really screwed up and passed on a NIB T-bolt 22 LR at a gun show in Casper WY. I had just spent too much money on an english walnut stock blank before I found it...I could still cry over that...the guy was asking $250 for it. cry

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Because you pay more for something doesn't mean it's always better. Only a fool believes that's always true. "Yes or no?"

Last edited by Timbo; 01/10/13.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1234, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 52 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,356
Posts18,506,313
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.