Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
How many here would be willing to walk off their job or take a vacation & travel to D.C. to "make a statement" about the second amendment? This thought has crossed my mind innumerable times since the first words were spoken about "gun control" these past few weeks...but I've yet to see a post advocating a march on Washington...WTF???

Living here in Ca. I've seen first hand what happens when there isn't a public display of outrage over proposed legislation... mad Who's in & how would you propose we get something like this to snowball??? Estimates vary on the number of households that own firearms, but if 1/10th of owners could be persuaded to showing up, it would make the "million man march" look like a gathering of long lost high school buddies...I don't wanna sit idly by & let this schitt go any further...

I'm really pissed that the talking points seem to be geared towards "hunters & sportsmen"...the "original intent" of the second amendment seems lost on many...

ETA: I think it's high time we take this country back & DEMAND that our representatives follow the guidelines the constitution sets...

I'm pissed... mad

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 01/05/13.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If there was any way I could afford it I would go.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i would go.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Scott & STX... I expected as much from you two...but I really expected more from the fire...It's this type "enthusiasm" for the second amendment that has gotten us where we are....I'm sure the founders would be dumbfounded at our ignorance...if such a "groundswell" of enthusiasm is launched at defeating Pelosis bill, it will probably pass...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am just not going to comment. It would do no good.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
If the media would give us 1% of the coverage the Million Mom March got, I'd go...but it wouldnt even make the back page...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Scott & STX... I expected as much from you two...but I really expected more from the fire...It's this type "enthusiasm" for the second amendment that has gotten us where we are....I'm sure the founders would be dumbfounded at our ignorance...if such a "groundswell" of enthusiasm is launched at defeating Pelosis bill, it will probably pass...
I would love to do a straight-up march, but it wouldn't be that. Something of any magnitude would take months of planning. It would give the enemy plenty of time to plan their own fun and games. Even leaving out our own idiots, you think that the other side would not somehow arrange for somebody to be shot? That would be my concern on the whole thing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will go! A true million man armed march is what I hope takes place!

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
80 million gun owners-4 million NRA members.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There is also what Ingwe said. There is also the fact that there were plenty of enthusiastic Occupiers and it doesn't look like you're getting much interest. The thing about the Occupiers and other Left-Wing protesters is, most of them don't have jobs or income that requires them to be in a certain place at a certain time. We do. Selling crack on a street corner gives one a certain flexibility in their schedule, as does being a welfare mom or professional hippy protestor. Our side isn't comprised of folks like that.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
I will go! A true million man armed march is what I hope takes place!
Brother...I didn't see Middlefork post that we were to be armed. Everybody being armed is a totally different thing. That's begging to be met by Apache helicopters and tanks. Google the Bonus Army and they weren't armed.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i'll get out my buttless chaps. oh wait, wrong march.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So everybody should just sit back and watch their rights taken away because the media won't cover it. I don't give a chit about the media but i do about my rights. This country's where its at today because everyone just sits back and waits for the next guy to do something. The [bleep] lib's get their damn way because they'll go and raise hell till something is done, while we sit back and talk about it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'd like to go. A visit to DC is on my bucket list anyway.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
While I'm truly concerned about our 2nd amendment rights.....I'm equally or more concerned about the financial security of the country.

A march on Washington would work well but only if it was overwhelming.....and I mean many millions of marchers....so many that they couldn't be ignored.

If there was evidence that the numbers would be very large....I'd go!

Last edited by vapodog; 01/05/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not going anywhere my CHL is not honored. Not about to be unarmed in DC. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
So everybody should just sit back and watch their rights taken away because the media won't cover it. I don't give a chit about the media but i do about my rights. This country's where its at today because everyone just sits back and waits for the next guy to do something. The [bleep] lib's get their damn way because they'll go and raise hell till something is done, while we sit back and talk about it.
Ingwe's the one who originally said that and I just said he made a good point. Why are you talking to me about it?

The Liberals get their way because their agenda happens to overlap with that of the Big Boys. If it didn't, they wouldn't. Otherwise, weed would be legal now. Look at all the libs that want that to the extent of it even being legalized in certain states. You even have an admitted drug abuser in the Whitehouse now and he hasn't actually let up on it. He's said that they won't be pursuing it actively due to other priorities, but I don't see any slowdown which means that they would be more active in their prosecution of individuals in those states that have legalized if they didn't have other stuff they have to push down our throats first, like Obamacare, tax increases, and gun control. The liberals don't get their way unless their goals correspond with those who own the politicians.

Here's another thing...is "March" just code for "revolt"? You go to taking your guns to town and it is going to be a revolt. A non-violent march is what I thought he was talking about.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
talk to your local militia groups, i'm sure they'd love to put something together.
personally, I'm ashamed to say I'm in Scott F's shoes, but would go in a second if i can find a way to finance it.

=========================================================
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steelheadslayer
talk to your local militia groups, i'm sure they'd love to put something together.
lmao

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 1936M71, 2ndwind, 12344mag, 1234, 52 invisible), 1,701 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,041
Posts18,521,105
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.