Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
In just over two years my family have gone from always owning GM's and fords to owning nothing but Toyota's. I hope that I never have to buy another vehicle with a UAW sticker on it.

Dink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mack,
Thanks for the explanation.
I was just trying to make the point that we can speak with our checkbooks.

Fburg,
My truck is not a dually. It is great in the mud. It handles fine with some practice. I believe in buying American. If someone is going to stand up and do some arm waving, they have to be prepared to deal with some other opinions.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by deflave
I think the crew cab Tacoma is about the most sensible vehicle on the market today.

Travis

If you have kids. If not, the access cab with a long bed makes sense, since you can sleep in the back. I think you can get the crew with a 6ft bed now.

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[If you have kids.

Or friends.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Hookers come in pairs too...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Hookers come in pairs too...

Valid point, sir.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
How is the ride and handling ? I am sure it handles great in the city, but how is the highway performence ? Passing acceleration, wind resistence / deflection, ride ? Seriously considering one. The Tundra is way more than I need and the other half has a Sequoia (sp). I have been driving a '97 4-Runner, but it is getting long in the tooth. Opinions ? Congrats on your new truck, nice !
Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mack5511
Thanks for the support guys!

My reason was this. The only US made truck I would consider was a Ford. I refuse to support them worthless freeloading auto companies like GM and Dodge.

I looked at Ford and in trying to find a truck I would like it always ended up at $35K plus and closer to 40. I do not need a full size truck for that amount of money and surely was not going to pay the premium for a Diesel.

The Toyota is built in TX so to me it is US made as it supports the workers of the great state of TX and not some union stronghold in the midwest.

If some profit goes back to Japan they are an ally and seem to build a far better product than most.

You show me a full size 4x4 crew cab diesel from Ford at $30k and I will be on it like stink on a monkey.

Mack

Please don't feel a need to explain yourself to me. I did the math and came to the same decision 11 years ago. smile

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very nice, been considering one myself, but damn they are spendy. Did you look at any of the other small rigs? Nissan etc? Why is it compact trucks are slowly disappearing? I own two (one Mazda and one Isuzu) that are about shot and do not want a full size rig - but the compact truck options are very limited.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by centershot
Very nice, been considering one myself, but damn they are spendy. Did you look at any of the other small rigs? Nissan etc? Why is it compact trucks are slowly disappearing? I own two (one Mazda and one Isuzu) that are about shot and do not want a full size rig - but the compact truck options are very limited.

Been considering one for the wife to drive 80 miles a day for a work vehicle. We need something 4x4, but am concerned about economy with the miles she drives. Our monthly fuel bill is now twice our house payment. Have two kids left at home so need the four door. Can you guys tell me what you get for mpg?
I drive an old Cummins Dodge because I tow equipment. It gets 17 mpg reliably, the exact same as my last Nissan 4x4, and is one heck of a lot more truck. I've found the small trucks to not be as economical as I expected for the sacrifice you make in ability and size. But for sheer high mileage driving, you need every mpg you can get.

[Linked Image]

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The little trucks don't get what many think they should.

Get her a Subaru.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Get her a Subaru.

Travis

Yea, got pretty quiet when I asked the drivers what they get for mileage huh?

LOL
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I was getting new truck envy, nice ride Mack!
Then I remembered I only have 155K on my '03 Taco so maybe in 8-10 years I'll update mine.
Nice color combo!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Get her a Subaru.

Travis

Yeah well, Tacos still get 20% better than ANY V8 and about the same as Diesels that use typically a much more expensive fuel, have more expensive maintenance, and cost 20K more than a Tacoma costs. So, unless you are too stupid to be able to do simple arithmetic, yeah they are a LOT cheaper to operate.

Having said that, they don't get 30+mpg, nor does any other real pickup with a frame and a two speed transfer case. They would get near that with the diesels that Toyota sells all over the world, but that is another story.

So, if you need 30mpg, get the damn Subaru like Travis said. Commuting long distance in a 4wd pickup is what morons do. They are too valuable to waste like that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ppine

I believe in buying American.

Tundra and Tacoma are made in Texas.

Not sure about the tacoma, but my f150 Supercrew gets 23mpg. I tow some weight with it, so haven't gone Toyota yet, but will look at the tundra next go round.

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Today I was driving the wifes Tacoma (pictured above, with my diesel Dodge) I realized my back was hurting. When I got home, I ask my wife about it, and she said "it doesn't hurt, but I have to adjust often."

Anyone else experience uncomfortable seats?

Brian

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Once in awhile I get excited about a new Taco. Then I look at the price.. Them suckers cost a pretty penny!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Get her a Subaru.

Travis

Yeah well, Tacos still get 20% better than ANY V8 and about the same as Diesels that use typically a much more expensive fuel, have more expensive maintenance, and cost 20K more than a Tacoma costs. So, unless you are too stupid to be able to do simple arithmetic, yeah they are a LOT cheaper to operate.

Having said that, they don't get 30+mpg, nor does any other real pickup with a frame and a two speed transfer case. They would get near that with the diesels that Toyota sells all over the world, but that is another story.

So, if you need 30mpg, get the damn Subaru like Travis said. Commuting long distance in a 4wd pickup is what morons do. They are too valuable to waste like that.

Is this where we have one of those famous campfire "sand in the vagina" threads? Relax, I'm not attacking anyone asking what the Toyota's get for mileage.

LOL
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by BW
Today I was driving the wifes Tacoma (pictured above, with my diesel Dodge) I realized my back was hurting. When I got home, I ask my wife about it, and she said "it doesn't hurt, but I have to adjust often."

Anyone else experience uncomfortable seats?

This will help:

www.crossfit.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Once in awhile I get excited about a new Taco. Then I look at the price.. Them suckers cost a pretty penny!

One reason people buy Tacomas besides having rock solid reliability is because they also have one of the best resale values out there.

I've been trading my double cab Tacomas in about every 2 years and I'm averaging about $6200 out the door trade difference. That ends up costing me about $258 a month. I never have to pay for tires and I usually never have to pay for any maintenance because I get the oil changes and tire rotations thrown in. If you do the math, it's pretty hard getting away with $250 +/- a month total cost for a 4x4 double cab truck.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 16 invisible), 1,937 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,894
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.