Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Wrong.

Troll alert.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by fester
im thinking most that are beating their chest wont.

With this I agree wholeheartedly. It's usually the loudmouths who go silently & whimpering into the good night. What did Shakespeare write about the one whom protest too much???

The ones whom the government will worry about are the ones whom do not protest on these forums. The truly real bad guys with whom I have had to interact don't talk, but there is a palpable sensation that they will kill if accorded opportunity.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by grouseman
Remember, before they can confiscate anything, they have to know who has it. Registration comes first. They'll make it sound easy, and free, and 'No, we don't want your guns, we just want to know who has them'. But it's ultimate purpose is for confiscation. Never register ANYTHING, or at least anything you don't mind losing, like say, a rusted out .22 single shot rifle, which is the only firearm you have.
+1
+1000000000000000000000000000000000

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shouldn't you be busy ratting somebody's thread out?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BarryC
They're not ignorant of anything. Americans will comply. They I did in 1994.

Speak for yourself.

I was in high school in '94, caring about the ban wasn't at the top of my to-do list. And yes, as far as I know, I did comply with the ban until '04. I know for a fact that I never intentionally violated it.

Care to enlighten us all as to how you violated a federal firearms law for ten years?
I do remember the ban itself and therefore can comment from personal experience rather than a lack thereof. This is especially true since I legally owned AR's before, during and after the ban.

Other than what TRH said, the ban was pretty hard not to comply with. It was mainly a ban on the new manufacture of goodies as opposed to stuff generally already laying around that you could buy and violate it. I'm sure lots of guys bought AR's and unintentionally violated it through ignorance. The full guns were only sold to LE but there were plenty of parts laying around that could easily be changed out if you were of a mind.

I complied because you had to actively break the law to not do so. I also didn't have to do anything to comply. If millions of gun owners become felons or potential ones overnight by a "turn them in" order or "register them" it is a whole different state of events than the '94 ban. For an idea on how many would comply, you can look at California, which has had the Roberti-Roos Law in effect for many years now. I remember that as well since I was an avid reader of Guns and Ammo and subscribed to Handguns and American Survival Guide, both based in Cali. I also subscribed to Backwoods Home which was based in neighboring Oregon and commented frequently on issues in Cali.

California is a liberal state overall but also has a huge number of conservatives. They hadn't been beaten and watered down at the time either. There are and were more conservatives in Cali than in many states where people constantly make fun of them and talk them down, despite the idiots that get air time on the news. Ronald Reagan was a Californio.

There was mass disobedience of the Roberti-Roos Law as people didn't register or turn in their weapons. Several years after the amnesty period was over, IIRC the compliance rate was much less than 10% of the estimated assault rifles that had been in the state at the time of the ban.

Californians are routinely used as whipping boys on this site, so if they are as pussified as some here claim and they disobeyed the ban at a 90% or greater rate, where does that leave the average American?

Leaving out people who don't know or pay attention to it due to ignorance willful or otherwise, a ban that just deals with new manufacture of full guns will be easily followed. If you have to actively do something to follow it, it will be massively disobeyed judging from our most liberal state.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Laguna

With this I agree wholeheartedly. It's usually the loudmouths who go silently & whimpering into the good night. What did Shakespeare write about the one whom protest too much???
You're one of the loudest mouths on here. There's nothing like experience when commenting on something.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Esox357,
I can't wait to see what the look on the driver of the armoured vehicles face looks like when he recognizes what a barrettt's muzzle brake looks like!
I really don't think there are many armoured hummers or swat vehicles that can take an api hit and keep ticking.
Maybe 50's will be the next banned gun?
Oh, and my wife can handle it just fine as well!
[Linked Image]

They have been banned in California for years. Feinstein's reasoning was they could be used to shoot down airplanes. Got that passed without a wimpier.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Very Nice!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by grouseman
Remember, before they can confiscate anything, they have to know who has it. Registration comes first. They'll make it sound easy, and free, and 'No, we don't want your guns, we just want to know who has them'. But it's ultimate purpose is for confiscation. Never register ANYTHING, or at least anything you don't mind losing, like say, a rusted out .22 single shot rifle, which is the only firearm you have.

They already know what you have, at least when it was bought through an FFL. All they have to do is pass a law requiring every FFL holder to scan & e-mail their form 4473's to the BATFE. Give them a month or their license is revoked, 99.9% will do it and they'll have a registration database. The only ones they won't know about are those bought through private party sales. Notice how closing the "gun show loophole" is being trumpeted by all the gun grabbers even though that had nothing to do with the Connecticut shooting. They've been planning this for a while, they were just waiting for an opportunity. You've gotta love all the idiots who claimed Obama wasn't after guns because he didn't go after them in his first term. Many of us knew exactly what he would do after he was reelected, except his proposals are more extreme than even I suspected. You don't take your eye off of a rattlesnake just because its not rattling.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by BarryC
They're not ignorant of anything. Americans will comply. They I did in 1994.

Speak for yourself.

I was in high school in '94, caring about the ban wasn't at the top of my to-do list. And yes, as far as I know, I did comply with the ban until '04. I know for a fact that I never intentionally violated it.

Care to enlighten us all as to how you violated a federal firearms law for ten years?
I do remember the ban itself and therefore can comment from personal experience rather than a lack thereof. This is especially true since I legally owned AR's before, during and after the ban.

Other than what TRH said, the ban was pretty hard not to comply with. It was mainly a ban on the new manufacture of goodies as opposed to stuff generally already laying around that you could buy and violate it. I'm sure lots of guys bought AR's and unintentionally violated it through ignorance. The full guns were only sold to LE but there were plenty of parts laying around that could easily be changed out if you were of a mind.

I complied because you had to actively break the law to not do so. I also didn't have to do anything to comply. If millions of gun owners become felons or potential ones overnight by a "turn them in" order or "register them" it is a whole different state of events than the '94 ban. For an idea on how many would comply, you can look at California, which has had the Roberti-Roos Law in effect for many years now. I remember that as well since I was an avid reader of Guns and Ammo and subscribed to Handguns and American Survival Guide, both based in Cali. I also subscribed to Backwoods Home which was based in neighboring Oregon and commented frequently on issues in Cali.

California is a liberal state overall but also has a huge number of conservatives. They hadn't been beaten and watered down at the time either. There are and were more conservatives in Cali than in many states where people constantly make fun of them and talk them down, despite the idiots that get air time on the news. Ronald Reagan was a Californio.

There was mass disobedience of the Roberti-Roos Law as people didn't register or turn in their weapons. Several years after the amnesty period was over, IIRC the compliance rate was much less than 10% of the estimated assault rifles that had been in the state at the time of the ban.

Californians are routinely used as whipping boys on this site, so if they are as pussified as some here claim and they disobeyed the ban at a 90% or greater rate, where does that leave the average American?

Leaving out people who don't know or pay attention to it due to ignorance willful or otherwise, a ban that just deals with new manufacture of full guns will be easily followed. If you have to actively do something to follow it, it will be massively disobeyed judging from our most liberal state.

Excellent points.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JeffO was the most prominent Obama supporter on here during the 2008 election and for many months thereafter. He apologized somewhat for awhile and now is back to saying he was right that he only said O would not go after guns in his first term. I guess Jeff's not counting this period as his first term. Now I see he's defending Swinestein. Retardation has no cure.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
from the article....

they are so convinced of their power, that the idea of someone not complying with their edicts is alien to them. It reveals they are so hopelessly out of touch with the American people that they have either no idea how people really feel or simply don�t care and will happily enact whatever laws they feel like

They are no longer our employees, sent to represent our views. It's been that way for a long time now, and if no line in the sand is drawn over the 2nd, one of our most basic of God-given rights, this nation is doomed.
They have no fear. They need some.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

You're one of the loudest mouths on here. There's nothing like experience when commenting on something.

Ethan,

I KNOW that you'll be at the vanguard leading the revolution. I'll watch your performance on TV.

Maybe you might want to spend a few C notes on a criminal defense attorney's time. That way you'll know the consequences of your pondered actions. While some federal prisons can resemble country clubs, some are worse than Corcoran State Prison. But being the tough guy that you fashion yourself to be, I known you'll have the many prison gangs in the prison incarcerating you bowing to you. Either that or you'll be dead inside an hour of hitting general population. One look at you from a Black Guerrilla Family gangsta, and you'll be cryin' for your mommy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Ethan,

I KNOW that you'll be at the vanguard leading the revolution. I'll watch your performance on TV.

Maybe you might want to spend a few C notes on a criminal defense attorney's time. That way you'll know the consequences of your pondered actions. While some federal prisons can resemble country clubs, some are worse than Corcoran State Prison. But being the tough guy that you fashion yourself to be, I known you'll have the many prison gangs in the prison incarcerating you bowing to you. Either that or you'll be dead inside an hour of hitting general population. One look at you from a Black Guerrilla Family gangsta, and you'll be cryin' for your mommy.
lol I've agreed with a lot of the stuff you've said on here "Laguna" and oft wondered why Steve and some others treated you so harshly, but now you've shown your true colors to me personally. Your arrogance and lack of comprehension is palpable. You're bringing nothing to the table here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
How many Citizens is the government willing to kill in the push for firearms disarmament?

That would be a good question to ask the Branch Davidians.

And Randy Weaver. Ask him how many tough guys showed up to help him when he was attacked by the federal government.

Lots of talk but no action. Nothing has changed.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Ethan,

Didn't you just call me one of the loudest mouths on here in reference to those who want others to believe they're tough guys???

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Ethan,

Might it be that I KNOW from experience a lot of things that you don't?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by Bristoe
How many Citizens is the government willing to kill in the push for firearms disarmament?

That would be a good question to ask the Branch Davidians.

And Randy Weaver. Ask him how many tough guys showed up to help him when he was attacked by the federal government.

Lots of talk but no action. Nothing has changed.
Untrue. A bunch of people eventually showed up. It was in the middle of nowhere and the Feds usually aren't in the business of advertising their actions, but in this case, the media was alerted, either by somebody within the ranks of the Feds or locals who thought it was wrong or by the Feds themselves who were alternately proud of their actions and also out to make an example of Weaver.

Bo Gritz, the most decorated Green Beret in Vietnam, showed up and helped talk Weaver into surrendering. Those that showed up were there to witness and do things non-violently.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
lol I've agreed with a lot of the stuff you've said on here "Laguna" and oft wondered why Steve and some others treated you so harshly, but now you've shown your true colors to me personally. Your arrogance and lack of comprehension is palpable. You're bringing nothing to the table here.
+1 Laguna has lost any respect I may have had for him in the past for his approach to this topic.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 49 invisible), 2,231 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,345
Posts18,506,187
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.