Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by JGRaider
It's another shale oil play. Remember this name.......Cline Shale. As the article says it will be many, many times bigger than the Bakken and Eagleford, and will dwarf the already huge Wolfberry and Wolfbone plays that are happening right now, and they are not shale plays. My sources here tell me it could easily be the biggest field in the world by the time they prove it up.

between improvements in seismography technology and drilling technology/techniques in the last 20 years means we are both finding more deposits AND being able to get them out of the ground....

The bad part on your end is how in he ll are you going to get any volume of oil out of there to a refinery. Trains? Going to need much more than the rail.
They have drilled your area since the 50's.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Yup. The pipeline comment was a joke son. (Best FogHorn Leghorn voice.)

Maybe Nebraska will reconsider holding the rest of the nation hostage now.

Alright Dad. You just caught me off guard. Seemed you being where you are you would know.
laugh

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
believe me i know.....but my comment was intended country/world wide.....doesnt surprise me they are finding new deposits in Texas and im sure if they look they would prolly even find more in Pennsylvania and other areas that have historically held oil.....as you said they have been looking for and pulling oil out of here since the 50's and they still found two new deposits below the Bakken up here cause the new seismography technology they have been able to look deeper than before and have some idea of what they are actually seeing....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Lots of construction at the refinery in Big Spring. I know my company is already getting equipment assembled and staged.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All true. Remember that back when oil was priced so low, oil companies knew the oil was at a certain area, but cost to much to get out of the ground. Today price is higher, so it's cost effective to drill.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj
All true. Remember that back when oil was priced so low, oil companies knew the oil was at a certain area, but cost to much to get out of the ground. Today price is higher, so it's cost effective to drill.

absolutely......price drops to far and stays down drilling up here will grind to a halt fast......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Yup. The pipeline comment was a joke son. (Best FogHorn Leghorn voice.)

Maybe Nebraska will reconsider holding the rest of the nation hostage now.

Alright Dad. You just caught me off guard. Seemed you being where you are you would know.
laugh

While were are still talking "Dad" let's talk bout the future. Guns, I think you have too many and need to lighten your load some. I will wait.
Second thing is money, with estate taxes up, I do think you should lighten the burden on this part of the family some before the future occurs. This can be taken care of @ $9950 each year tax free to me. smile

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

absolutely......price drops to far and stays down drilling up here will grind to a halt fast......

Most of the gas wells being drilled to in Barnett are just to hold a lease. They don't even produce some of them, just hold the lease cause they did drill.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's another shale oil play. Remember this name.......Cline Shale. As the article says it will be many, many times bigger than the Bakken and Eagleford, and will dwarf the already huge Wolfberry and Wolfbone plays that are happening right now, and they are not shale plays. My sources here tell me it could easily be the biggest field in the world by the time they prove it up.

between improvements in seismography technology and drilling technology/techniques in the last 20 years means we are both finding more deposits AND being able to get them out of the ground....

The bad part on your end is how in he ll are you going to get any volume of oil out of there to a refinery. Trains? Going to need much more than the rail.

Pipelines to refineries won't be an issue as long as they are within Texas. It's only a short stretch to the refinery in Big Sprng as it is. My job in the oilfield is to design, layout and contsruct hydrocarbon lines. I'm in the Eagleford now, and look forward to getting a little closer to home... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Pipelines to refineries won't be an issue as long as they are within Texas. It's only a short stretch to the refinery in Big Sprng as it is. My job in the oilfield is to design, layout and contsruct hydrocarbon lines. I'm in the Eagleford now, and look forward to getting a little closer to home... wink

he was referring to the formations we have up here in Montana/NoDak

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
This map shows existing pipeline from Midland to Houston. Oil not gas. Remember, drilling started in the Permain Basin back in 1920's or so. Wolfberry has been know about for years, but how to get the oil out is the new part. Cline area has 100,000's of wells in it right now, but how to drill a horzontial and how to frac correctly is the new part in the last several years.

http://www.sunocologistics.com/Customers/Business-Lines/Asset-Map/130/

The line from Midland to Houston is full of crude now. I'm told by my buddy who sells rig jobs for Patterson Drilling that if the prices hold, we could expect to see75% of all land rigs in the US right here in the Permian Basin. Some of you homebuilder type guys out there need to get down here and commence building. We already have people living in storage buildings.

Last edited by JGRaider; 01/10/13.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do we have any new modern refining capacity?

Oil isn't going to do us any good, unless we have capacity to make it into the fuels and lubricants we use.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[bleep], I could fit everyone in Wyoming atop of Elephant Mountain.

That's sooo funny...
And true.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Would love to see Arabs drink all their crude.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But you guys DO know that this is just going to keep driving the price of leases/hunts up, as has happened in some areas with Eagle Ford?

My thoughts exactly.
Stuff happens I guess.
Be good to see folks making money though.

...and energy independence, wouldn't THAT be something cool

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Oil isn't going to do us any good, unless we have capacity to make it into the fuels and lubricants we use.

No problem with capacity. The only problem is delivery...Obama won't let it get here. I promise.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

And the demand for said fuels and lubes to make it profitable to refine. I bet not.

We will see more profitable (relative to pulling oil and refining it) conversion of gas via gas to liquids technology for in country consumption and LNG for export. Note that the majors are looking at a future of gas not oil. We have just tipped from majority oil to majority gas and plan to continue down that road. In the not too distant future the US (the America's for that matter) will be a significant exporter of gas, assuming the regulatory process allows it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by curdog4570
If it has a lot of oil- like the Eagle Ford- hurray. If just gas......... ho hum.

As far as this is concerned:

But Morgan also said OPEC is �jittery� about U.S. shale plays, and thinks that at some point it will drop the price of oil on the world market to try to force natural gas out of the market in favor of cheaper imported oil.

The smart guys say OPEC don't have the reserves to do this again.

And,,,,,, there is a 20 in pipeline under construction now from Amarillo to Houston to carry LNG.It won't STAY in Houston.

The price of oil will go down, not because OPEC wants it to but once gas get's going it will take the place of oil. At some point the price of Gas esp LNG will go up and will be the product in demand, due to exporting. The smart car companies will forget about electric cars and start producing cars that run on Natural gas.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by EdM

And the demand for said fuels and lubes to make it profitable to refine. I bet not.

We will see more profitable (relative to pulling oil and refining it) conversion of gas via gas to liquids technology for in country consumption and LNG for export. Note that the majors are looking at a future of gas not oil. We have just tipped from majority oil to majority gas and plan to continue down that road. In the not too distant future the US (the America's for that matter) will be a significant exporter of gas, assuming the regulatory process allows it.

God I hope so. I live smack in the middle of The Barnett Shale but have to work 6 hrs from home. I hope NG prices rise and I get to see my wife and manchild a little more often.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I hope Texas hits it big again.

Activity is getting a little too close.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (257Bob, 2500HD, 1badf350, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 222ND, 257robertsimp, 71 invisible), 2,975 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,682
Posts18,534,347
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.