Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
... they have too much of a history of compromising

NOT "compromising". Capitulating. Hell, downright collaborating.

For over a hundred fuoking years. It's what they do. Piss on the NRA.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NRA is a business with the main goal of making money. The mission was to protect our 2nd Ammendment Rights which they did well. Over time the corporate greed overcame the mission. WLP may be gone but the culture that he left behind remains

living the good life every day
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People get tired of shelling out money over the long term. Its human nature. Even for incredibly important issues. Toss in some graff on the part of the receiving organization and it makes it easy for those who are tired to stop giving.

Then you have your crew that never gave any money and now have an excuse as to why not to monetarily support the NRA.

I can certainly understand how people can get tired of being constantly hit up for money. NRA isn't the only thing people give to.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
NRA is a business with the main goal of making money.

The PETA Business Model: sow fear and anxiety over animal abuse and animal rights, and solicit as much cash as possible to fight against animal abuse and to fight for animal rights. But do they really accomplish anything? Not much beyond soliciting donations. Would PETA exist if they totally eradicated "animal abuse"?

Would there be a need for the NRA if they totally eradicated all gun control? The NRA follows the PETA business model and does just enough to justify their existence without jeopardizing their cash flow. I haven't been an NRA member for over 30 years, and that's on purpose.

An organization like that will never totally eradicate gun control, especially if there's money to be made off a never ending threat to the Second Amendment.

The People have to do that job.

Was there any talk here on the Campfire a few years ago when the people of Virginia schooled the rest of the nation on how to fight gun control?

A radical leftist democrat senate, assembly, and governor put out a list of gun control bills that would have turned NY and Kalifornistan green with envy if they ever got passed and signed into law.

The People of Virginia stood up and said F uck You. 93 out of 95 counties and several cities declared Second Amendment Sanctuary. Sheriffs (some democrat) were declaring, in writing, that they would not enforce any new gun control law and that they would detain and arrest any state officials trying to come into their counties to enforce any new laws.

A few counties formed legit constitutional militias to aid the SOs in enforcing the 2A Sanctuary resolutions.

Add in the rally in Richmond where thousands of people choked the streets around the capitol building for a whole day, most armed with at least a sidearm, many with a full load out, and sent a VERY clear message to the leadership that they weren't gonna mess around with that sh it.

Wether or not you think that whole thing had any merit or Constitutional standing doesn't matter, it accomplished what needed doing. It shut down the entire platform of gun control bills that were pending and the whole thing went away. The People spoke, The People won. And with ZERO help from the NRA.

That's how you shut down gun control.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This post was started almost exactly 11 years ago. A lot has changed in the NRA over that time. Lot of private jets, fancy vacations, lavish suits... Perhaps, and ironically thanks to some liberals suing Wayne, the NRA might get back on track.

IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by 16bore
The owner of this website (Rick Bin?) should require a NRA membership to join. Period. Even the homepage to my shooting range has a link to join.

Damn good idea.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by kwg020
$35 a year. There is no mandate to add any more. It's a case of let's take out the trash then stand together.

kwg

I don't think you understand.

Certain members get to vote in the BoD elections. As a Life Member I get to vote.

Guess what? No one is on the ballot unless the nominating committee allows them to be.

Guess who control who is on the nominating committee? That would be the Board of Directors.

My vote truly means nothing because no one sits on the nominating committee who would upset the applecart, and the nomonating committee will allow no one on the ballot for the BoD elections who would upset the applecart.

Can you see the problem here?

You cannot take out the trash because you have NO influence over who sits on the Nominating Committee.

You cannot take out the trash because you cannot get a nominee for the BoD past the Nominating Committee.

The trash OWNS the organization. They have a lock on it. You and I have NO SAY WHATSOEVER, but you can send them all the money you want to send.

NRA is SWAMP.

Unfortunately this is true.

I don't understand how it got that way. The "Cincinnati Reforms" of 1977 were supposed to prevent stuff like this.

As a Life Member (actually Benefactor member) I too get to vote. But why bother? I have no idea who the candidates are or what are their qualifications. For a time, there was a slate of candidates other than those nominated by the Board. No longer.

I joined in 1975. CBS had a show about how "evil" hunting was. It featured a guy grabbing a little exotic deer of some kind by the antler and pumping pistol bullets into it. The deer bleated after every shot. I asked my wife to bring me our checkbook. I wrote a check for $100 to the NRA and addressed it to "NRA Washington, DC." I enclosed a note asking to be a Life member and told them if this was not the correct amount, I would send more. A lot of water had gone under the bridge since then.

Ever since then I have donated money every year until crooked Wayne became known. I will hold off a little longer to see if they have made some changes.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The owner of this website (Rick Bin?) should require a NRA membership to join. Period. Even the homepage to my shooting range has a link to join.

That is one of the stupidist things I have heard in a long time. The NRA is not our friend. They have capitulated over and over and over. There should never have been any give. Had that been the case the 2A questions would have been settled decades ago.

Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by texasbatman

That is one of the stupidist things I have heard in a long time. The NRA is not our friend. They have capitulated over and over and over. There should never have been any give. Had that been the case the 2A questions would have been settled decades ago.

Jim

It is a completely idiotic idea.

I found out just this morning that NRA has endorsed the "republican" Texas House rep for my district, Lynn Stucky. This [bleep] went along with [Texas House Speaker] Dade Phelan's impeachment of the Attorney General, Ken Paxton on trumped up charges of corruption which had been laid to rest years ago. The reason Phelan launched another impeachment attempt? Phelan was taped conducting a house session while obviously shitfaced drunk, and Paxton called him out on it. The rep who NRA endorsed, Lynn Stucky was called out for supporting the impeachment and his weakass excuse was "I know things." Not only that, but when the House rules were voted on at the beginning of this last session, Phelan disregarded the will of the voters by appointing democrats to some key chairmanship positions in the House which the voters had expressed wishes to prohibit entirely, and Stucky supported him in this as well. These are RINO/establishment moves, every bit of it. Oh---I almost forgot...NRA endorsed Phelan as well.

Support the NRA? ABSOLUTELY not. If you're sending them money they are using YOUR money to thwart your electoral will. Fuck the NRA with a giant Saguaro cactus.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
.......with a giant Saguaro cactus.

Ooh....that's bad......

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Feral_American

Ooh....that's bad......
LMAO

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Originally Posted by Feral_American

Ooh....that's bad......
LMAO

I like that a lot!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
How is everyone on the NRA bandwagon all of a sudden. Just because one guy left it’s still a [bleep] show. The NRA has not been about 2nd amendment rights for year, it was about money and how to spend it.

It will be a long road for them to get where they need to be.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NRA trial in New York is over and the jury is deliberating.

Unlike the Trump trial witch hunt there was real evidence of malfeasance and misfeasance.

We will see shortly.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by mavrik
How is everyone on the NRA bandwagon all of a sudden. Just because one guy left it’s still a [bleep] show. The NRA has not been about 2nd amendment rights for year, it was about money and how to spend it.

NRA actually helped write and support the first big encroachment of the 2nd A, the NFA in 1934 (get the Mafia! fever), helped write and supported and lobbied for (with YOUR money) the GCA of 1968 (Martin Luther King and JFK would still be alive!, sob, if we had more laws) the primary tool used against YOU and your exercise of the 2nd A. This is not my opinion goddammit, this is easily googled history.
Wake up men, the NRA is the primary tool used to erode the 2nd A, you guys who love your AR platforms? Look at the history...the NRA made the decision in 1994 that the AR had no valid sporting purposes. It's where the sentence, "The 2nd Amendment ain't about duck hunting" came from...the outnumbered guys fighting the alliance of government and the NRA.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by mavrik

NRA actually helped write and support the first big encroachment of the 2nd A, the NFA in 1934 (get the Mafia! fever), helped write and supported and lobbied for (with YOUR money) the GCA of 1968 (Martin Luther King and JFK would still be alive!, sob, if we had more laws) the primary tool used against YOU and your exercise of the 2nd A. This is not my opinion goddammit, this is easily googled history.
Wake up men, the NRA is the primary tool used to erode the 2nd A, you guys who love your AR platforms? Look at the history...the NRA made the decision in 1994 that the AR had no valid sporting purposes. It's where the sentence, "The 2nd Amendment ain't about duck hunting" came from...the outnumbered guys fighting the alliance of government and the NRA.

Yep, they are like our loving, benevolent Neonazis in Covertment.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by flintlocke

So.. THAT'S why a liberal leftist DA in a liberal leftist wasteland is trying so hard to break it?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Oops! I needed that reminder. Signed up just now.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
After all they have done in the past, I am very surprised they could get 100,000 people to sign up. Such a corrupt outfit that we have seen with our dues. I will never rejoin until there is a new B.O.D.. They helped Wayne slush off millions and millions of money that was supposed to be spent countering anti-2nd advances. Wayne should have been gone long ago with the $2,000 suits and big yachts and jets, with out a Gigantic severance package for him. The board and Wayne should both be GONE.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (160user, 12344mag, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 69 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,480
Posts18,490,152
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.