Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Wake up men, the NRA is the primary tool used to erode the 2nd A, you guys who love your AR platforms? Look at the history...the NRA made the decision in 1994 that the AR had no valid sporting purposes. It's where the sentence, "The 2nd Amendment ain't about duck hunting" came from...the outnumbered guys fighting the alliance of government and the NRA.

So.. THAT'S why a liberal leftist DA in a liberal leftist wasteland is trying so hard to break it?

Isn't it also possible the Lefty DA is career building, using the very simplistic optic...guns bad, NRA bad...vote for me when I run for attorney general?
Which does not by default make the NRA good...just because a lefty is attacking it.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Who knows?

I simply refuse to throw out an entire organization, made up of good folks like you and me due to leadership issues.
You don't scuttle a ship because the current captain cannot be trusted to sail it.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not one more dollar until they name the thing after me.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Phones are ringing now, Jim!

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by RiverRider
.......with a giant Saguaro cactus.

Ooh....that's bad......
LMAO

LOL. Make it a three armed Saguaro at that.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The higher-ups sent their head criminal off with a $7,000,000 sum (of members money) and they ALL knew of his criminal use of the funds yet did nothing for decades. Those fellow criminals are still the higher-ups.

Fools can send in money and join, but I never will.
Look for my membership after the Jews forgive Hitler and after Hillary Clinton openly tells the USA all the truth of her political career.
When both of those things happen,------------------------------------- I probably still would not join the NRA,

Last edited by szihn; 02/18/24.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Who knows?

I simply refuse to throw out an entire organization, made up of good folks like you and me due to leadership issues.
You don't scuttle a ship because the current captain cannot be trusted to sail it.

It's not just the captain, I respectfully encourage you to google the history I mentioned above, and the Neil Knox/Harlon Carter Cincinatti revolt...and draw your conclusions as to the 76 board members that rubber stamp the executive committee actions. The board members are the poster children of the 'good ol boy club', nepotism, back scratching, favoritism, perks, expense accounts ad nauseum. The multi million kickbacks from advertising agencies and media firms was spread widely to maintain the status quo. Get along to go along.
Do you find it strange that not one of the 76 board members questioned the lavish expenditures?
Do you find it strange, the deafening silence as Pres. Oliver North dropped off the radar after questioning expenditures? Nary a peep from the board?
You may take issue with me on this....OK, please go to your search engine and read the history, form your own opinions, please.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe we're waiting to see if the post-LaPierre NRA is any better before we go back.

Or maybe we just joined GOA.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by szihn
The higher ups sent their head criminal off with a $7,000,000 sum (of members money) and they ALL knew of his criminal use of the funds yet did nothing for decades. Those fellow criminals are still the higher-ups.

Fools can send in money and join, but I never will.
Look for my membership after the Jews forgive Hitler and after Hillary Clinton openly tells the USA all the truth of her political career.
When both of those things happen,------------------------------------- I probably still would not join the NRA,

Well, I'm a man of my word. If I say I'm going to do something, I do it. 100%. Wife says that's one thing that attracted her to me.
I've been saying all along that I would not renew until WLP was gone. He's gone.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GSP814
People are cheap!
And short sighted.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It's your money lads, if somebody f...ks you once, shame on them, if they f...k you twice, shame on you.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Who knows?

It's not just the captain, I respectfully encourage you to google the history I mentioned above, and the Neil Knox/Harlon Carter Cincinatti revolt...and draw your conclusions as to the 76 board members that rubber stamp the executive committee actions. The board members are the poster children of the 'good ol boy club', nepotism, back scratching, favoritism, perks, expense accounts ad nauseum. The multi million kickbacks from advertising agencies and media firms was spread widely to maintain the status quo. Get along to go along.
Do you find it strange that not one of the 76 board members questioned the lavish expenditures?
Do you find it strange, the deafening silence as Pres. Oliver North dropped off the radar after questioning expenditures? Nary a peep from the board?
You may take issue with me on this....OK, please go to your search engine and read the history, form your own opinions, please.

I'm not taking any issue with you individually whatsoever. YOU make valid points. I use the word "you" broadly.
Good discussion.

If I took a stance that "my money" has to be used "my way" then I could not pay insurance premiums, buy American made vehicles, take the prescriptions my doctor advises or give to most charities.

I wish I could fix everything. I can't. Therefore, I take what I need and leave the rest. I take their training, printed materials, their safety educational materials and I attempt to pass it along to those who really need it. I do voice my displeasure with things that I don't agree with to my representatives, but outside that I just do what I can to grow our heritage at home.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who knows?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I will pay my NRA annual dues, but when I have money to donate, it goes to the GOA.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Who knows?

True. True.
The one thing every voice there has in common, is they paid for their ticket and therefore have a voice.
Nobody standing on shore miles away is being heard.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I like your philosophy, life is a series of compromises, we deal with that the best as we can individually.
I am 78, and I have lived with the compromises the NRA has made, the worst for me, the 1968 GCA, and I, as a law abiding citizen can no longer order a firearm of any kind unless it is in excess of 125 years old. Keeping up on current events, it's difficult for me to see how this has affected firearm related crime stats. So for me, it's difficult to send money to an organization who has a long documented record of encroachment on "shall not be infringed".
I could probably swallow a little larceny by management if the greater good was hard line defense of the 2nd Amendment...but the record does not reflect anything even approaching hard line, collusion actually.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Who knows?

True. True.
The one thing every voice there has in common, is they paid for their ticket and therefore have a voice.
Nobody standing on shore miles away is being heard.

The membership of the NRA wasn't being heard. The membership was (and still is) powerless.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by 16bore
The owner of this website (Rick Bin?) should require a NRA membership to join. Period. Even the homepage to my shooting range has a link to join.

Damn good idea.

I would not force anyone to join the NRA. But, there are other gun organizations out there to join. If you belong to one post it in your signature line. Let the world know where you stand.

kwg

I apologize for all of the bold print. I can't seem to fix it.
kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 02/18/24.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
nobody's noticed the original Post in this thread is now over 11 years old..

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Who knows?

Not disagreeing, but let's not make small hay of what the NRA leadership has been. Its been nothing short of atrocious. Its not a little blip in its history. Leadership has been corruption to its intended role.

NRA is in need a lot of good will to show imo

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (16gage, 160user, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 1lessdog, 47 invisible), 2,884 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,406
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.