Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by guyandarifle
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I am just as paranoid as the next guy, but I didn't see anything in that list that seemed that alarming...?

Definitions and implementation is what needs to be watched closely. While I'd agree that most of this looks pretty innocuous there's a few that have the potential to be abused.
If 4,14, 5 and 16 don't scare the [bleep] out of you to start with, then you've drank a bit too much of the koolaid. AT least IMHO. 5 can lead to indirect registration, and what is the purpose to sieze a weapon? Because I'm a CHL and you stopped me and you wanted to hold it while we talked? Now I can't get the gun back until when? Possibly days?

some of this has to be unconstitutional. Hell any infringement really is for the most part.

I'd agree those are the ones most people take note of first.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by RISJR

Sure, but Eric Holder doesn't make law. He can suggest recommendations after his review.

I'm sure you have a good idea as to what the House will do with that recommendation.

Yeah, my concern is more as to what the CDC and DOJ can do in conjunction with current and potential new legislation.

Mental Health is obviously the end around they are after, and there is a good chance they can get Congress to agree to some sensible legislation on curtailing weapons sales to individuals deemed mentally unstable.

Now, if you don't define "mentally unstable" very specifically or have to ability to clarify the definition.....

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I think the two best things that come out of today is the 1. NRA and our legislators just breathed a huge sigh of relief and 2. the prices of ARs on the gun auction sites are going to begin their price reductions.

I hope not too many folks paid 3K for a 900 dollar rifle the past month.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I fail to see where people are getting such a warm feeling from their congressman that actual legislation might not pass in one way or the other? There's no predicting what might get stuck in a bill that is going to pass no matter what, a poison pill so to speak.

Otto is my co-pilot.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I disagree.

It isn't time for anyone to take a breath of relief.
This is just the beginning.

We must really gear up for a fight against impending legislation.
Many will cave right now.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stray round
I disagree.

It isn't time for anyone to take a breath of relief.
This is just the beginning.

We must really gear up for a fight against impending legislation.
Many will cave right now.
Bingo.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I am just as paranoid as the next guy, but I didn't see anything in that list that seemed that alarming...?
And that is what alarms me.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
I don't know ANYONE that can say they've never been depressed in one way or another.

That is a slope that needs to be addressed to an extent, but a VERY SLIPPERY one at best.

My doctor told me that over 50% of this country are on antidepressants or antianxiety medication. I take a small dose twice a day.

This don't look good for gun owners. Hell, these laws and all this talk about taking away our God given right is enough to make us anxious and depressed.

most chronic pain patients are on atleast a small dose because alot of these drugs in small doses seem to affect the pain center of the brain.....the dose im on really does nothing to improve my mood except second hand through pain relief......its a small enough dose that it doesnt work as a mood enhancer but it does help scramble the "pain highways" in my brain.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SOME GOOD FOLKS ON HERE.... MUST HAVE MISS THE LAST ELECTIONS.... the so called talking heads in the meida aint on "our side"...this is an up hill battle.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That whole press conference was fluff.

Nothing more than him washing his hands of it all. He affirmed his already anti-gun position, and that's all he wanted to accomplish.

Now we have more time to hammer our representatives and our senators and throw money at the NRA.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Myself I was biting my toenails when the Tribal Chief was finely finished..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Gunowners will be much better served by entering into a rational discussion rather than engaging in the stupid ranting we see all too often.

Pure, unadulterated Bullchit,

THIS !.......

To our enemies, we have drawn our line in the sand, don�t cross it.

We are done debating about our rights, they are ours, we don�t want to hear it. There is no negotiation, no compromise, and no conversation to be had. If you want to have these conversations, you�re our enemy.

There is no such thing common sense gun control, there is no such thing as an evil gun, and there is no such thing as being for the second amendment and wanting to burden law abiding citizens with draconian gun control. The second amendment is not about hunting, it is not about sports shooting, it is not about what type of guns you own, and it is not about what type of weapons were around when the Bill of Rights was penned. If you want to spread these lies, you�re our enemy.

Thomas Jefferson once said �The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.� If you want these things you're the tyrants he spoke of, you�re our enemy, we are patriots he spoke of, we are Americans.

The line has been drawn, don�t cross it.

Heavywalker

A rational discussion would be great if the other side would agree to it. Maybe if you could convince them to put down the Alinsky playbook and sit down for a logical conversation without accusing gun owners of not caring about the children we could get somewhere. The problem is it's not about the children. It's about a power grab. If it was about safety and they really and truly believed it was, they would have done this before the election. They would of stood up and said that they were willing to put their jobs on the line for the American people. If they thought that this was what it would take to be safe and they didn't do it for political reasons then they are the worst kind of human.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't know ANYONE that can say they've never been depressed in one way or another.

Are you joking? I don't have any friends that have been depressed. And if I did, I'd tell them to hit the [bleep] road.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore
Originally Posted by RISJR
IOW he didn't enact any registration. He didn't enact background checks. He didn't outlaw private sales or make them go through a dealer. He didn't enact a new AWB. He mainly did a bunch of lame shixt that has to already be going on anyway and suggested and/or mandated a bunch of new ways to spend money.
============

Hmmm...let me go back and check exactly who those few are who said exactly that while many were drawing battle plans to charge up that Hill!

The east and west coast state legislatures will do more damage to us. I should say the North-east states from Maryland north.

Doc

I doubt that any new state gun control measures will pass in Pa.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave

Nothing more than him washing his hands of it all. He affirmed his already anti-gun position, and that's all he wanted to accomplish.

Now we have more time to hammer our representatives and our senators and throw money at the NRA.

Travis

+1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

=============

Some folks understand the reality.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Policing the schools on our own by clearing the pathways for honest gun owners to carry in gun free zones is the way to go.
Exactly right.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

When will they ever get it through their thick skulls that the 2nd A isn't about hunting? mad
We need a law that makes it a finable offense for a politician to refer to hunting and the Second Amendment in the same sentence.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,655 guests, and 1,404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,213
Posts18,485,459
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.