Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Depends on how far some will allow themselves to be pushed.

Addition: And to think the NRA doesn't have contingency plans in place is naive. Those boys have a big time lifestyle and will protect it if pushed hard enough.

"Throw down your law book son its no damn good." The Eagles

Last edited by battue; 01/16/13.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by battue
Unfortunately I think Graydog is right. The NRA has held a heavy hand over the politicians and if they hadn't things would have crashed before this. However, votes still rule and if enough politicians get together and brake rank in unison they may back the NRA into a corner. A compromise will be struck and the NRA will get to run the program according to the cloudy crystal ball. Everyone gets reelected, the NRA is the hero, but the armor now has a weak spot.

I will add a prediction. Mandatory secure storage. Talking decades away, but, that my prediction. Because a) it's arguably not an infringement and b) it's a very good idea to have your firearms secured anyway.

No it's not a good idea to have your firearms secured. I'm not about to tell someone or something to wait whilst I enter a combination. It's another feel good thing.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
I'd consider it......right after they start prosecuting "journalists" for spreading false, biased and/or misleading information.......after all, with great rights come great responsibilities!!

Don't figure I'll ever have to consider it.......

+10,000!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by battue
Unfortunately I think Graydog is right. The NRA has held a heavy hand over the politicians and if they hadn't things would have crashed before this. However, votes still rule and if enough politicians get together and brake rank in unison they may back the NRA into a corner. A compromise will be struck and the NRA will get to run the program according to the cloudy crystal ball. Everyone gets reelected, the NRA is the hero, but the armor now has a weak spot.

I will add a prediction. Mandatory secure storage. Talking decades away, but, that my prediction. Because a) it's arguably not an infringement and b) it's a very good idea to have your firearms secured anyway.

No it's not a good idea to have your firearms secured. I'm not about to tell someone or something to wait whilst I enter a combination. It's another feel good thing.

The keypad units are very fast.

I will disagree with the statement that "it's not a good idea to have your firearms secured". I believe it is a good idea.

That doesn't mean I'm advocating for mandatory secured storage. Just predicting.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Mandated no. HIGHLY recommended yes.

Agree.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No the libturds would invent ways to fail you.

What part of "Shall not infringe" don't you understand?

NRA Lifetime Member
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was trained by my dad and granddad growing up,

but I had mandatory firearm training by the Federal Government back in 1977....

it was called US Army Basic Training...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Passing a "test" and I am not sure what all is involved with that, is a requirement to purchase a handgun in Calioto.

In fact most of not all, of what was advocated today is law in the late great golden state.

No handgun crime or accidents happen there do they?

Once again proving gun laws do not work.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I will disagree with the statement that "it's not a good idea to have your firearms secured". I believe it is a good idea.

....speaketh a mouthy opinionated rug merchant, living MILES from any hostile zone.

"I believe",.....

....right.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

....speaketh a mouthy opinionated rug merchant, living MILES from any hostile zone.

"I believe",.....

....right.

GTC

Wasn't this the guy that voted for bammers and had the audacity to say he would not advocate any new gun law?

Consider the source

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think you may have a point

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Owning a gun is RIGHT NOT A PRIVELEDGE! Driving is a PRIVELEDGE NOT A RIGHT! These dumbphuks need to understand that. No mandating, No registering, no compromise, nothing no no and no!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
UHhhhh,

Thank you, I guess .

now GFY

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Crossfireoops, you talk alot. Must be all talk no walk? Your a PUNK plain and simple! I wasn't addressing you specifically but now I am!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So does this mean you all oppose the hunter safety course also?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Tracks
Training with all passing or maybe some failing?
Maybe then the standards rise slowly until no one passes?
As said above
HELL NO!
BTW my copy of the 2nd doesn't say a damn thing about trained people having rights.

This is the winner!

A tie for 2nd place goes to a plain "hell no!" and "No!" smile

bhtr

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yeah, I think mandatory training could be a real good idea. Mandatory gun ownership too. It would be a decent idea to put them all into military service and train them there. 100 percent of our youth should be trained. I grew up in a houses where there were always loaded guns handy. I was taught how to use them very young.

I am none too fond of the idea of a lot of people I see being able to buy and possess guns. They haven't the foggiest notion of what they are, what they can do, how to use one (much use one well). I am all for training as many people as possible how to use rifles, shotguns, handguns and military weapons. If they know how to use them and what they are capable of I do not see that as a bad thing in and of itself.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
NO - Enforcement would be just another way to register gun owners.
DITTO!!!!!!!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How about mandatory firearms training for EVERYBODY? It would cut down on accidents and educate the ignorant.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
No x 1,000,000,000,000,000, �

THIS

Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (1OntarioJim, 320090T, 6mmCreedmoor, AceBall, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 15 invisible), 1,040 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,137
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.