Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
While out on the west coast last month I searched out a smokin deal on a Weaver V-16 (4 to 16 power variable of modern manufacture).
I used the fact that the scope had a fine crosshair and fine dot as "leverage" to get a better price on the scope. I feigned that I was wanting that model but with the Du-Plex type reticle when indeed the fine crosshair and fine dot work wonderfully on Colony Varmints and I own several of these type scopes.
Well I get the scope mounted up and on a new to me Remington 700 Varminter in 223 and take it to the range and low and behold the now focused to my eye scope shows that the ultra fine dot is not centered in the fine crosshair - in fact it is completely in the upper right hand corner (triangle) of the cross made by the crosshairs.
I fired one group with the Rifle/scope rig after getting it on paper and that group (5 shots at 100 yards) measured .307". But the fact that the dot was so "missplaced" bothered me.
I had to remember to hold the dot and not the nearby crosshairs in the center of my bench rest type target that has a 1/2" circle that I use as an aiming point. The crosshairs were aligned about 1/4" off center and that bugged me.
I am wondering if the Weaver folks can re-reticle my scope (at my cost if need be)?
Has anyone ever had Weaver change a reticle on one of their modern manufacture scopes - and if so are there any particulars you can pass along like cost, time frame, where the scope was sent etc.
Thanks in advance for any information.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Years ago there was a Weaver Scope Repair Service still in El Paso. But I am sure it is no longer in existence. However a quick google search yielded this

http://www.ironsightinc.com/

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Thats a warranty issue, and I am sure that Weaver will take care of it.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Lillysdad: I better do some checking on the warranty thing - like I said I bought it used.
Haven't had much luck online as yet.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dale,

try these guys...

http://www.scopedot.com/

its the old TK Lee company...

I had them do a Weaver quite a few years ago... but no longer have the scope...they did a good job tho.. and been in business forever..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Seafire: John thank you very much for the link - I have book marked it and will save up the $85.00 its going to take to correct this through the T.K. Lee Company, IF, the Weaver folks won't help me out.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eh76
Years ago there was a Weaver Scope Repair Service still in El Paso. But I am sure it is no longer in existence. However a quick google search yielded this

http://www.ironsightinc.com/

Don't know if you checked the website but this is their claim.

"We are the world's foremost repair station for Weaver scopes."

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 3,407 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,374
Posts18,469,379
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.