Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
EE....dude you got serious issues. Get a life.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
EE is working on his 2013 24hourcampfire crumedgeon of the year nomination.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NeBassman
EE is working on his 2013 24hourcampfire crumedgeon of the year nomination.

You didn't even spell it right, but whether a play on words or a mistake the wonders of the internet never cease as it took me right to the definition.

I don't have a link for Commie of the year for you. Penguin is ahead of you though.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Like I give a schit what you think or post. Laughing, I do know a liberal or two who have much better manners than you and are more pleasant to be around.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Could it be that the latent intent is to subliminally convey the thought that those who believe our country is heading toward the new world order or believe economic collapse is more probable than not are stupid people?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Like I give a schit what you think or post. Laughing, I do know a liberal or two who have much better manners than you and are more pleasant to be around.

If you two morons really didn't care you wouldn't spend so much time responding. Your actions betray you. Both of you are pseudo intellectual fops pretending to be conservatives but in actuality, pretty freaking liberal.

As far as pleasant to be around, why would you not love your own?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

They're all fat.

The skinny people will all die of starvation first when doomsday hits. By that time all the formerly fat people will be skinny & they'll come take your stuff after you're dead.

Sounds like you've done some preppin' plannin' wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Laguna
Could it be that the latent intent is to subliminally convey the thought that those who believe our country is heading toward the new world order or believe economic collapse is more probable than not are stupid people?
It could be. There is a certain element of comedy to a lot of these shows, but people love the characters on Swamp People and Moonshiners. These folks aren't ongoing characters though.

I think most folks see the crazy ones for what they are and take some pointers from the ones who are actually sane and preparing for realistic challenges to their lives and lifestyles.

I tune in when I think about it, but I'm not glued to the TV.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

They're all fat.

The skinny people will all die of starvation first when doomsday hits. By that time all the formerly fat people will be skinny & they'll come take your stuff after you're dead.

Almost everybody with any sense is a prepper to some degree or another.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

They're all fat.

well, yeah, that is true. the whole thingy revolves around the trajectory of the fall-off in the population after the collapse. or, said in another way, how soon order of one kind or another is restored.

in the worst case scenarios, those who die soonest will be much luckier than those who die later.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not a huge fan of the show but after watching last nights show I am thinking these people are just nuts. The guy with the truck who is burring pvc pipes all over the place with Glock pistols in them is just asking to be disapointed when he arrives back at the location and findes them missing. And the people who were "lead" to the house in the smokey mountains by the previous owner who is dead? And the woman is now "channeling" the dead chick and carrying on her preping so when a commet hits the earth people will have a place to go? Yikes, that was a bit much for me.

Last edited by Soulfly; 01/23/13. Reason: Spuleing

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Agreed.

Mannlicher nailed why it's getting a bad wrap - our liberal elite need helpless subjects so they can be in power and can't stand it when folks actually try to not be totally dependent on somebody or some entity for their safety/security.

I don't prepare for "the end of times" or any crap like that - I prepare for likely interuptions to vital services that could put me or my family in a bad spot or worse, in danger. Nothing more, nothing less. The folks that really get torked about "preppers" (i.e. people with foresight and common sense) are the ones that either can't prepare for anything because they're living check to check - one step away from misery if a disaster hits - or the ones that don't think there will be a need. Either one is a fool..... smirk

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that would suck - to have your Bug out shelter cleaned out when you show up.

I haven't watched this show but I did watch a show about a guy that builds the shelters. He was supposed to be an expert builder and during the course of the show he had one couple call him up to let him know their shelter filled up with rain water and another guy called him up to let him know that his "super secret" location that they couldn't even tell you the county it was in had the generator stolen because it was sitting out in broad daylight above the shelter.

Can you imagine the hunter or teenager stumbling upon a 3500 watt high $$$ generator out in the middle of nowhere and not a soul around for 20 miles? if he'd only known what was below him he could have eaten on potted meat and MRE's for 2 months.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Penguin
Bristoe I want to apologize to you for screwing your thread up by allowing this moron to bait me into responding. One hillbilly to another.

Will

Will - you don't need a pill to eat cheeseburgers but might consider something to help ya relax. Maybe Bristoe could head out to da still and hook ya up wid a leedle hooch..... wink laugh

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by Penguin
Bristoe I want to apologize to you for screwing your thread up by allowing this moron to bait me into responding. One hillbilly to another.

Will

Will - you don't need a pill to eat cheeseburgers but might consider something to help ya relax. Maybe Bristoe could head out to da still and hook ya up wid a leedle hooch..... wink laugh

Not a bad idea. If I don't get back to the hills soon I might be forced to buy some from a legitimate store.

Running a still? Now that is a skill set that might actually be of use in a long term emergency situation. smile

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N

Agreed.

Mannlicher nailed why it's getting a bad wrap - our liberal elite need helpless subjects so they can be in power and can't stand it when folks actually try to not be totally dependent on somebody or some entity for their safety/security.

I don't prepare for "the end of times" or any crap like that - I prepare for likely interuptions to vital services that could put me or my family in a bad spot or worse, in danger. Nothing more, nothing less. The folks that really get torked about "preppers" (i.e. people with foresight and common sense) are the ones that either can't prepare for anything because they're living check to check - one step away from misery if a disaster hits - or the ones that don't think there will be a need. Either one is a fool..... smirk

"Luck favors the prepared".

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Agreed.

Exactly. If you want to know the kind of things you might reasonably need to be prepared for, just look back through the last 100-150 years of history. Or even the last 75 years worth in "civilized" countries. There is enough right there to cause plenty of concern to anyone with a rational mind. History does repeat itself, and usually throws in a couple new twists each time it does. Just knowing bad things can happen, and having a reasonable plan in case they do, can make things alot less painful.

Alot of those folks on Doomsday Prepper are just batchit crazy though, or the show at least makes them out to be anyways.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I just can't watch the show. I am convinced that the whole affair is being done to discredit prudent folks, who are making an honest effort to prepare for a time of unrest.

This has been my thought the whole time. Furthermore, there was a producer or some hollyweird type that works for NatGeo on another forum and admitted that they coax them into saying and doing weird [bleep] to make the show interesting. They tried to talk the fat girl in Houston to killing her cat. It was suggested that the dumbass that shot himself was paid to do it.

They go after the lowest common denominator and try to pass it off as your average "prepared" person. They want them to see crazy and demonize them. Kind of like what they do with gun owners.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I am convinced that after a couple of days in a bug-out bunker with the likes of an EthanEdwards I would gladly run, empty-handed, for fresh daylight and to whatever the outside apocalypse held...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by add

I am convinced that after a couple of days in a bug-out bunker with the likes of an EthanEdwards I would gladly run, empty-handed, for fresh daylight and to whatever the outside apocalypse held...

And I'm convinced he'd let ya.....more room and food for him and his..... grin

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (2ndwind, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 673, 907brass, 16 invisible), 1,665 guests, and 990 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,482
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.