Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've been waiting delivery on a new Mustang. Today I called to inquire about the delivery date, supposed to be this week.
I was told sorry, that particular car was was sent to Roush industries to be turned into one of their super Mustangs.
They might get me another in "six to eight weeks"
GD dealer didn't even have the courtesy to call and let me know
To say I'm pissed is a mild.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Did you have a purchase order signed, with deposit, for the car? Was it a car that was 'dealer ordered' and incoming? Do you have the P/O with a S/N written on it? Or was this a fresh order originally, by you, to be delivered later??

If that latter, your beef is with FORD, not the dealer.. If this was an 'incoming' car that was dealer ordered and THEN re-routed, you may have legal options - especially if the P/O specified a S/N

Let us know more details if you would please..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tell them you'll take the Roush for the same price after they get it back

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I disagree. If the dealership didn't notify him as soon as the issue was uncovered its a problem w/ both Ford & the dealership. The key to good customer service is communication and a proactive call can go a long way. He shouldn't have had to call them to find this out.

I'd say just get a Camero but who wants Bammy's commie car? I 'spose that is Ford's thinking when pullin stuff like this...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are lying to you. A car allocated to a dealer is allocated to a dealer, not sent to Rousch. My guess is they had an opportunity to lay somebody away and make a ton more money by selling your mustang to somebody else.

Or, the owner or GM sold yours to a buddy and decided to let you have the next one, rather than have his buddy wait for the one coming in 6-8 weeks.

If you had an original delivery date, you could drive the dealer's lot every day for a week before and after the due date and chances are you'll see that car getting dropped off. Of course, that won't help you get the car you want.

I'd look around and do business elsewhere. Plenty of Ford dealers in Colorado...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't buy it either. Ford knows how many cars and what cars Rousch is going to get months in advance and wouldn't send a special order car there to begin with.

Likely someone else is getting your car. Of course it can always work the other way as well. When I bought my Ford diesel in 2000 they were backordered for months and someone else ordered one and gave up and bought something else so when it came in the dealer called me and wanted it gone that day.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Did you have a purchase order signed, with deposit, for the car? Was it a car that was 'dealer ordered' and incoming? Do you have the P/O with a S/N written on it? Or was this a fresh order originally, by you, to be delivered later??

If that latter, your beef is with FORD, not the dealer.. If this was an 'incoming' car that was dealer ordered and THEN re-routed, you may have legal options - especially if the P/O specified a S/N

I was prepared to order a car, they told me that such a car was already built and could be delivered this week. I don't know where it was located.
I signed a contract, canceled the insurance on my trade in and got temp insurance for the one I was supposed to get.
They had better come up with something fast or I'm gonna start raising some hell.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I remember when Dad ordered a new '63 Olds. The paint was to be some sort of desert sand or something and the interior was to be something called, I believe, "fawn". When it arrived, the paint was as ordered, but the interior was black and white. The factory's remark was that they had way over-ordered black and white interior materials and he could take it or leave it. Dad's last Olds.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
They are lying to you. A car allocated to a dealer is allocated to a dealer, not sent to Rousch. My guess is they had an opportunity to lay somebody away and make a ton more money by selling your mustang to somebody else.

I'd be willing to bet that's exactly what happened. Once a vin number is assigned to an order it's built to that spec and delivered to the dealership.

I gotta say don't waste your time dealing with them. It's not worth the frustration. You'll get jerked and yanked every which way possible.

If they have any of your $$$ just go get it back, tell 'em to [bleep] off, and find a different dealership that will order of find the car you want, at the price you want.

A simple phone call to your insurance company will correct all those issues.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ask for the name and number of the Ford area Zone Rep and call him/her. They are the local Ford liason between dealers and the mftrs in a given region.

They will sort it out and get to the bottom of it.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Tracks
Originally Posted by Redneck

I was prepared to order a car, they told me that such a car was already built and could be delivered this week. I don't know where it was located.
I signed a contract, canceled the insurance on my trade in and got temp insurance for the one I was supposed to get.
They had better come up with something fast or I'm gonna start raising some hell.
If it was 'already built', then they had the S/N.. Do you have that on your purchase order? If so, that dealer will be in tons of legal hot water.. All you gotta do is make a call to Ford customer service and have your docs on hand..

Don't know about CO., but in WI., if you have a purchase order copy with S/N and the dealer fails to deliver - they will be in SERIOUS legal trouble and can/will be fined mucho bux..

THEN go find a new Ford dealer... Sorry to hear about your troubles..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think I may have them on the run. I've been assured that they will have an equal or better vehicle available in a couple of days.
I'll wait and see.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you have a signed purchase agreement with a serial number - they are screwed.

I worked for a dealer once that traded for the vehicle somebody wanted. They contracted the deal and then the dealer backed out of the trade. Problem was, they had jumped the gun and contracted before the trade transaction was complete. They
put him in a loaner, got another matching vehicle and he got them to add about $2,000 in accessories to keep him from filing a complaint with the dealer board. Contracting a vehicle and not delivering is a major, major violation. The fines alone can be 5 figures.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 01/23/13.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
I think I may have them on the run. I've been assured that they will have an equal or better vehicle available in a couple of days.
I'll wait and see.

Good for you and I hope it costs them! Care to share what you did to show them the error of their ways?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
sucks for you

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You need to read the contract, plain and simple. What were they obligated to do?

Eric

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You cancelled your insurance on the trade-in. Does that mean you already gave them your trade? If so, do they still have it or was it sold?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Be glad you didnt get it. There are a myriad of reasons why that car is not available and a common one is it is in the body shop due to a mishap. Roush, not likely.

I'd gladly wait another few weeks for a fresh vehicle that landed safely at the dealer unsurrounded by mystery.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by doubletap
You cancelled your insurance on the trade-in. Does that mean you already gave them your trade? If so, do they still have it or was it sold?

No I still have it, all I have to do is get it changed back, still current for another week.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First problem, you bought a Mustang instead if a Camaro wink. Second problem, dealers are like politicians, when their lips are moving....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (35, 1Longbow, 808outdoors, 6mmCreedmoor, 13 invisible), 14,584 guests, and 1,018 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,108
Posts18,541,924
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.