-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"The funny thing is that the Rem 700 .243 Win is one of the factory barrels that will stabilize the AM and other slippery bullets, and I'd say there's a fair few of those kicking around"

-that'd be you

hmmmmm, you showed after Boxer, and that's your first post.

I also reread all your subsequent posts, and see no mention of anything other than the prowess of the 6mm, and the "hamstringing" of the .257. I can post 'em all if you'd like?

I stated that my longest shot on flesh, and some of my best and most memorable animals, have come with .257" bullets,

Don't see anything to support that either. Seems you talked of a 900 yard shot or something, and quickly pointed out it was on a 'yote (good call).

Attacking you personally?

Could you be more specific please?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mako25
"The funny thing is that the Rem 700 .243 Win is one of the factory barrels that will stabilize the AM and other slippery bullets, and I'd say there's a fair few of those kicking around"

-that'd be you

That was a DIRECT reply to a poster above me who said that there aren't many factory barrels that will stabilize the better .243 LR bullets. I was pointing out that the 700 factory barrel will handle the 105AM and HPBT, so there's plenty of factory barrels in circulation that will do it.

You should go back and re-read my posts, if that's what you think. I have no personal beef with you, nor with .257" bullets. But I'm also not really interested in re-hashing everything, so let's just call it good. I'm nobody's fan-boy or personal worshiper, but while some of you guys really get your feathers ruffled by Boxer, I can appreciate that there are some golden nuggets of truth in his more informational posts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Mako has decided that anybody who can appreciate the LR ballistics of the current selection of 6mm bullets, as compared to the few decent LR bullets available in .25, is a "clown posse follower".

Since it's my decision, I'll spell it out:

If you find yourself cowering from Boxer, and seeking his approval, you're a member.

*Symptoms include immitation*

Hopefully, you're not in those shoes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
some of you guys really get your feathers ruffled by Boxer,

Not a chance.

Insanity doesn't bother me, but I recognize it's dangers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jordan's likely one of the top tier members as far as pure intelligence and logic is concerned, so I doubt he'd bother with such petty BS as being a "member".

He and I both, however, simply recognize merits in getting a ton of performance for very low cost (recoil,powder,bullet-cost, barrel length). We didn't need Boxer to point this out to us... the numbers are there for that purpose.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And as I said early in the thread, this whole 6mm vs .257" bullet debate is really only significant when dealing with medium to long range shots.

There are all sorts of cartridges out there, some that recoil little and some that recoil a lot. Some burn little powder, some burn a lot. You and I both know, Tanner, that if a guy is inclined to burn a little more powder, feel a little more recoil, and listen to a little more muzzle blast than what the .243 puts out, the .257" bullets get the job done, and they're a great choice until the distance gets so far that the wind starts to interfere with arranging proper POI. Then the 6mm's offer a bit of an advantage, and the fact that they cost less in various respects is just icing on the cake. But that doesn't mean that the .257's are worthless. For the guy that never shoots beyond 300 or 400 yards, and isn't bothered by the added costs, I can't think of a much better coyote/deer gun than the .25-06.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny part is the OP wasn't asking about 6mm vs. .257.

He simply stated he is running a couple 25-06's because he likes them and feels they are perfect for the hunting he does.

Can't think something ain't gonna die because it was shot with a 25-06 instead of a 243.

(I'd go 6-06 on a LA grin)

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will just say i like my 25-06 this debate between 257 and 243 is easy to agree on just buy both. your not a loony if you only want one

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tanner
Mako,

I suppose what I should've included, is what the 6mm's will do with such little recoil, and such little powder. That, to me, is the most impressive attribute. I shoot 22's, 24's, 25's, 27's, 28's, and 30's.... and I love 'em all.

'Dunno WTF a clown posse is, however.

You are bud!! Ya come in here protecting Slickey Stickey by changing the subject. I seem to remember a thread where you couldnt get a 25.06 to do what ya wanted. Now here ya are spouting BS about the greatness of the 6. Well [bleep] it dude at 140 yrds you should have shot the 6 if its that great, cuz its a wash.

Been killing chit and shooting BR with both the 6 and the 257 since before you were a twinkle in your mothers eye!!!! And unless your parents are over 55, I been killing chit since they were born.

Asked the first 3 of Stumpy 2 years ago and he never answered, imagine that.

So you tell me this what is the 25 Niedner?
When was the first fast twist for caliber introduced, and why?
When was the first fast twist 6mm made in the USA, and why ?
What is the most dominant 6 mm cartridge, bullet and twist rate in 100 - 200 yrd BR today?

Even give ya a hint since you and Stumpy both dont know how to read a book.

The 1st 3 look back over 100 yrs. Wow new technology huh ?

The last one look to bibs bullets.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Swift,

Tanner is one of the brightest, quickest learners I've ever seen on this site. To think that he's protecting anybody is kind of juvenile. No offense. For the record, Tanner was shooting 105AM bullets before he owned a .25-06, as far as I'm aware wink

Just because people agree with some of what Boxer says, doesn't mean that we're all having a big orgy together. When somebody says something that's true, or that I believe to be true, I agree with his statement and support it, regardless of who says it. It's as simple as that.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You sound old.
You sound like a know it all.
You sound abrasive.
You sound like you got short man's disease.
You sound like you keep the heat at 78 and stay inside.

Stay there......and drink more.
We'll both feel better.

Have Dog

Will Travel

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Swift,

Tanner is one of the brightest, quickest learners I've ever seen on this site. To think that he's protecting anybody is kind of juvenile. No offense. For the record, Tanner was shooting 105AM bullets before he owned a .25-06, as far as I'm aware wink

Just because people agree with some of what Boxer says, doesn't mean that we're all having a big orgy together. When somebody says something that's true, or that I believe to be true, I agree with his statement and support it, regardless of who says it. It's as simple as that.

X2!

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Jordan and David... but careful now, somebody will be along soon to call you "Clowns" or "Posse Followers" or something like that.

Swifty, I know you could fill a dozen books with what you know, so I won't insult your knowledge or anything like that, because that wouldn't make any sense.

I'm unsure of how bringing up a thread in which I asked for recommendations in getting my sister's 25/06 shooting up to standards pertains in any way to this thread , especially when I already lamented that I use and enjoy the .257" bullets quite a bit. Furthermore, I'm unsure of how me shooting a nice mule deer with same rifle ties back into the 6mm and .257" discussion, either. But, you've only got yourself to please.

Your history questions also had me scratching my head and wondering how any of it had a damn thing to do with anything I'd said.

What I like to do, is draw my own conclusions. For being a full-time student and part-time laborer, I shoot an extremely high amount of rounds, through a multitude of cartridges. Through this, I derive what I like, and what I think works the best and requires the smallest amount of "trade-offs", i.e powder consumption, recoil, barrel life, muzzle blast, and expensive bullets, and I simply go to town on popping primers for my own information. These guys on here (you included) are an incredible means of information and guidance, and undoubtedly help more than any reloading manual.

Now, through my own conclusions, I have simply decided that I much prefer 6mm bullets and cartridges (namely the 243 Win, we'll see how I like the 243 A.I.) over similar offerings in .257".

I apologize if my findings lining up with the findings of others very similarly offended you. I promise I will not delve into how much better Goofy is than Daffy Duck.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'man,

I never was any good at lingering or [bleep] around and will happily leave such proclivities to you Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumbphucks...if only because it's as close as you'll ever come.

Mid 40's today and the light was all over the place. A leetle fill flash here,as my Wingman toted his Pooch across the drink,so he weren't swept away.

[Linked Image]

Cheer up,the Rocktucky never missed a lick.

[Linked Image]

Looking forward to the next installment of your Imagination,as you practice your Pretend.

Laffin'!

'texas,

Forecast don't look none to promisin',for me to be lingerin'. I only get 6 months of vacation a year and gotta make the best of it.

Try prying your [bleep] from the couch some day and see where it takes you.

I know,I know...Pretend is "real" enough for you.

Laffin'!

Jefferey,

Only at the fire,could someone be as [bleep] ignorant as you and feign having a clue,while thinking it'll fly.

Congratulations?!!?

Mako',

I enjoy your Imagination,nearly as much as you do,though for drastically different reasons. Laffin'.

Loved your picture too and I'll feign my "surprise" you come up short,there as well.

Your sheer and utter cluelessness is only over shadowed by your [bleep] incredible stupidity and aspirations to be THE Queen of Plagiarism.

Bless your heart.

'Mooner,

The 6-06 case was already made. Sadly...them facts scared poor/dumb wbyfan away and that reality run 'er plum outta Imagination and away. Too bad too,as she was really doing "well",in true Texas fashion. Laffin'!

Pun be intended.

Swifty',

Hilarious that you feel compelled to reiterate what an incredibly slow "learner" you are and showcase your incredible [bleep] stupidity as your Trump Card. Now THAT is some funny [bleep] schit.

I'll fuel your Imagination for you and stump you to boot. Pun be intended and mebbe someone will take enough pity on your pointy head,to PM the crux,so you can Pretend to understand. Laffin'!

Neighbor kid's OEM spouted SAAMI 243Win,to which I gave him an A5,M4(alloy),LW's and Leupie w/ ele turret,along with 100 moly 105's and loaded him 100 virgin hulls stuffed with enough '17 to break 3K fps. I know,I know..it's all Greek to you,but dat's the funniest part.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

As an aside,just how loud is your Imagination when you "shoot" it?!!?

Laffin'!

'slave,

Don't forget,if you steal her Imagination...she'll have nothing left and that'd be mean.

Just hand the Day Dreaming Do Nothing [bleep],all the slack on the rope she wishes to attempt and simply watch the show.

It is [bleep] hilarious!

Tanner,

Noone can insult Swifty better than she can herself,while doing the best she can,with what incredibly little she has to work with.

Stupidity is THE gift,that keeps on giving and she's got it in spades.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, well - look who answed to his whistle, good boy!

You are nothin'.

(crazy as a chithouse rat, but nothin').

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Analysis, and diagnosis for mental health, and I have bad news for you - you're nuts.

You admit to living in your own reality, repeat yourself constantly, are self-aggrandizing, fixated with homosexuality, and do all of this while being incoherant, and rambling.

You also WILL respond to this.

*here boy, phewwwewwwittt*

Oh, you remain nothin'.

-Me, posted earlier.
///////////////////////////////////////////////

True to form, ol' Boxer-The-Clown.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wageslave

You sound old. (Not yet, but getting there.)

You sound like a know it all. (No, but I do know how to read a book)

You sound abrasive. ( as most people can be at times)
You sound like you got short man's disease. ( NO I have a working brain, Stumpy doesnt)

You sound like you keep the heat at 78 and stay inside. ( NAW too warm)

Stay there......and drink more. ( Nope as that kills brain cells, Just ask Stumpy)

Question 1 first guy to neck a 30.06 down to 257 mid 30s
Question 2 Look to a guy named MAUSER still in use today, to figure out why. 1890s
Question 3 6mm lee navy 1890s look it up and you will find out why.

Fixed it for you, and you got 3 right laugh

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny part is the OP wasn't asking about 6mm vs. .257.

For Boxer-The-Clown, and his Insane Clown Posse.

You wanna talk about .243 vs .257, start your own thread, get the Value Size jar of Vaseline, and have your circle jerk.

*don't forget to be laffin', grinnin', gigglin' your homosexual-speak, chantin' whatever that incoherant code you speak is, and be sure your crazy idol is the pivot man. If you forget that part, he's going to turn on you. It's the hallmark of one afflicted the way he is.*

///////////////////////////////////

phewwwewwitttt

Boxer, here boy.

(try to make it through ONE post without reference to yourself, just ONE)

T
Techsan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Gentlemen, let's call a truce. I was just making conversation when I started this thread, didn't intend for it to take this route although the discussion and comparison of .257 bullets to 6mm bullets has been enlightening. I don't handload, although I've pulled a good bit of my late father's equipment and components out of storage and I'm about to start learning. I say that to emphasize that the disussion really has been informative. Oh, and I'm keeping a 700 243 for my boys to use when they start carrying a deer rifle, I am a fan of the 243 for what it's worth.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll say it again... I shoot and admire both cartridges a ton and think I provided some valuable comments to the thread. I don't see the need for a "truce" as all we are doing here anyways is gackin'...

Mako, I hate to be the one that points it out because I've always admired your posts, but you suggesting that Jordan and I are part of some "Insane Clown Posse" is as bat-schit crazy as anything else that's been posted.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (22250rem, 1minute, 2500HD, 204guy, 17CalFan, 222ND, 61 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,938
Posts18,480,042
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.