Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Yes, you are a complete twat...good-bye.

That's all you have? I expected more.

Last edited by ColKlink; 01/24/13.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You guys are going fight-to-the-ignore-function about 'Hogan's Hero's' in a thread about Peter Capstick? Seriously?

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Invasion of the Troll Snatchers, ought to be a movie....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
You guys are going fight-to-the-ignore-function about 'Hogan's Hero's' in a thread about Peter Capstick? Seriously?

I prefer the episodes that have Col. Crittenden in them. grin

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

You know, if Peter Capstick were still alive, he'd only be 73.

Sitting in front of the computer all the day long, trading insults with internet trolls, one supposes.

wink

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do you go by canerat over on AR?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Chipolopolo
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by ColKlink
Major Hochstetter had a better sense of humor than some of the tightasses posting on this thread and the Gestapo were never known for their sense of levity, the Kriegsmarine were always much more jovial.

Because some of us do not find any mirth in that particular subject.

Internet/computors in the 30's-40's....what planet do you play on?

"Some of us" you mean, those of us with copious post counts? I just don't get it. Hogan's Hero's was a classic. I guess you didn't laugh at Gilligan's Island either? Life should be fun, laugh at those things that are meant to amuse. An African hunting forum is no place to take yourself this serious. I hope to get to Africa someday, I will make the very best of it, and enjoy every minute of every day. I came here to learn, look and laugh. Lets keep if fun

Steve

I could have sworn you've stated and on numerous occassions that you HAVE been to Africa.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hi Hatari,I too have been within the walls of the house upon the hill. He is in fact one of the more colorful characters in Africa, It's hunting and all the lore that goes with it. I have written a book, waiting for publishing, Abie has his own chapter. Including the "Lisbon Lion Charge"

can you enlighten us a bit as to where Abie was wrong?

Sure he has. Said he's been to Abie's house. It is, indeed, up a hill, at least from where his parent's house is. So that must be a misprint?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Wait a minute. Just for one post further up, Chipopolo took over from Col Klink in an exchange with JStuart, and then Col Klink took over again.

That was weird.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by hatari
Hi Hatari,I too have been within the walls of the house upon the hill. He is in fact one of the more colorful characters in Africa, It's hunting and all the lore that goes with it. I have written a book, waiting for publishing, Abie has his own chapter. Including the "Lisbon Lion Charge"

can you enlighten us a bit as to where Abie was wrong?

Sure he has. Said he's been to Abie's house. It is, indeed, up a hill, at least from where his parent's house is. So that must be a misprint?

Hatari,

I have in fact. Actually 32 times. I did that just to see who's paying attention. This thread is indicitive of what I find distasteful about forums in general. Here, on a computer screen, we make judgements about people we don't and perhaps never will know. It is an African hunting forum but I see very little African hunting discussed here.

I have always found solice in my time in Africa. I, at first, made an attempt to help people on these forums learn through my particular experience. It was an effort to help people not recreate the same mistakes in time and money that I have. Problem is, "most", not all base people on forums on post count rather than real life experience, on the ground. I could go on and on about what I've done and killed over there, but why. Lets just say that I'm pretty well done. (without shooting duplicates) I don't need to inflate my ego or get stroked.

If I can be of help, fantastic, if not, just ignore my mischevious ways. Levity is a way of life for me.

I got into a bunch of pissing match's on "other forums" I don't wish for that to happen here. Some of the names are pretty similar to names here. If my presence here has somehow irritated some, Just ask and I will vanish just as quickly as I came. Internet forums are not that important to me, I just want to help other perhaps enjoy some of the same sunsets I have.

Regards,

Steve.....off to Reno in 30 minutes grin

Last edited by Chipolopolo; 01/24/13.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not going to make it to Reno this year. Going someplace warm and tropical instead.
Post a report and photos of the show!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Wait a minute. Just for one post further up, Chipopolo took over from Col Klink in an exchange with JStuart, and then Col Klink took over again.

That was weird.

Chipolo and Col. Klink are friends. Both have been regulars on AR for quite some time, and have both hunted Africa a time or two. wink

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Such good friends, they can finish each others' sentences.

grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

grin

We are a package deal, so to speak. FOsteology is correct, we are old friends who have hunted Africa.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So then, some friendly advise to make your visits to the African forum productive and fun:

- there are experienced hunters here that come to the African forum looking for info for their 1st African trip. These are the guys and gals who deserve the benefit of you experience. They don't deserve to be verbally skewered, unless they are trolling.

- We have had some mega trolls here over the years, Expect to be challenged until you are known. Best way is to post photos along with a write. I was challenged and blasted so badly here early, I nearly told the whole bunch to FOAD. After proving my worth, not only have I been accepted, two of the biggest a-holes that blasted me are now regular hunting pards. Who'd figure?

- sarcasm is used liberally, usually amongst those familiar with each other. You don't know me well enough yet to call me an a-hole, but there is hope for the future. wink

- FOst speaks up for you two, and he has good cred in my book. Welcome, and drop some of the defensiveness. You might find a home. Things are cyclical on the African forum.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ColKlink

grin

We are a package deal, so to speak. FOsteology is correct, we are old friends who have hunted Africa.

A package deal of what Andy, stirring the pot? I know you guys from over on AR (you under various names over there but let's skip that shall we?) and you ideed have well proven African experience (unlike me with just three trips but many posts which I guess your tag team buddy takes umbrage with). Hatari on the other hand, has multiple trips, is a personal friend and along with Tom, have impeccable credibility with me and on the topic at hand,(Capstick, not some BS TV show)I believe them. So let's dial this back shall we? Your call or do you need to confer before replying?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We're cool Jorge.

Why the hostility towards me? I don't believe I have ever attacked you or been disrespectful towards you and have even traded with you in the past and always liked you. As far as AR, well Saeed and his posse of uptight sandal-lickers are a different story. laugh

Chip doesn't take umbrage or look down on your African experience and I had told him previously that I thought you were a good guy. I think what he may have been getting at is that on many of these forums there are people with little experience at anything but high post counts (he wasn't referring to you or your experience but rather making a point in general) who tout themselves as forum big dogs and disparage posters with low post counts regardless of what experience they may have. That said, I doubt any of us will run into anyone with more African experience than Chip has he just doesn't take himself quite so seriously as most of the old African hands on AR do themselves (and me even less so.) If either of us were disc jockeys we would be more Howard Stern than Dick Clark.

Capstick......I knew him a bit way back in the late 80s - early 90s (I had written to him and then first met him when he invited me to come see him on a book tour he did for Abercrombie and Fitch before they were a kid's clothing line and then kept in touch with him) and also his editor at the time at St. Martins a guy named Lincoln Child who went on to write "Relic" which was made into a horror movie. Capstick wrote some good books but I don't understand the worship some people have for him and the offense taken when it is pointed out he took a certain "literary license" in his writing. I'm a fan, I even gave Chip a signed book as a gift that Peter gave me, but I see the guy for what he was, a good writer who took a lot of other people's stories and made them his own which is why I think most of the stuff after the "Death in the..." books wasn't very good as he had ran out of tales.

BTW, did you or anyone else ever get any sort of resolution with Greg Hein? Any news of his whereabouts? I haven't heard anything about him a long while. I owned one of the Greg's rifles and it was unsafe and would drop the firing pin when I closed the bolt and required costly repairs by a competent gunsmith. I don't believe that fraud ever learned to program his CNC mill and never machined a single action. I think he assembled some actions that Peter had made and were part of the deal when he bought the tooling and designs.

Last edited by ColKlink; 01/25/13.

-Jefferson Davis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry, but as the saying goes, perception is reality and you guys came across with just one mission in mind. Many of the guys who've posted on this thread DO have extensive African experience AND high post counts and some, like me, have limited African experience and my post count is high, because the bulk of mine are over on the Campfire Forum. Anyhow, hopefully all that's behind us. As to Capstick, I'll say it again, I believe Hatari and Tom Turpin and he indeed was a licensed PH and leave it at that.

On Hein, myself and another member over on AR are making progress is recovering our losses with that POS or at least maybe .66 on the dollar.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not Africa, but I recall Capstick telling the story of a wild Boar hunt in South America - the traditional type where the dogs catch the boar and you stab it with a big knife. According to the story, the dogs caught the boar, and Capstick grabbed the boar's tail, but was then too terrified to actually stab the boar, so he just held on to the tail. The boar finally had enough and broke free of the dogs. Capstick collects himself, looks around, and sees his guides laughing hysterically. Later, when the boar was finally killed, they gave him the tail as his trophy.

The other story he told in one of his later books was in Florida, he had somehow obtained a fully-automatic BB gun, which was powered by the then-readily-available freon canisters. He then relates a fantasy where he's a machine gunner in WWI, shooting at German biplanes - except what he's really shooting is the BB gun, at dragonflies in his backyard. He switches between fantasy and and reality a couple of times, and left me with my ribs hurting from laughing so hard.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Sorry, but as the saying goes, perception is reality and you guys came across with just one mission in mind.

Perhaps, but one can only read so many Saeed hero-worship threads and Happy Ramadan threads from AR sycophants without stirring the pot a bit to take some of the piss out of that crowd of self-righteous, uptight windbags.

Good luck getting your money back from Greg.

-Jefferson Davis
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,093
Posts18,483,005
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.