-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Democrats may be stupid, but their handlers ain't. The repercussions of 1994 have not been forgotten.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
If we weather this storm it is hard to imagine what kind of a horrible �crisis� they would need to give it another run. In other words, if the people can see this kind of a disaster but still don�t fall for a knee jerk Legislative reaction then it does not bode well for any future attempts to curtail our 2nd Amendments rights.

Careful. 2014 could do us in if democrats gain enough Congressional seats.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This whole debate would end if there were 20 million NRA members.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yah I saw a article on that. They lied they got caught. I saw the picture of the little piece of crap he doesn't like getting his ass handed to him. What a great leader LOL

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Well that is what we sent the GOP to the hill for, NO COMPROMISE.

I think that we should send good ole Dick Cheney to Camp David for a skeet shooting session.

grin grin

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well back when Newtown happened I said nothing much if anything was going to come out of it. I still stand by that, but we are going to have to fight back, its going to be more like 1000 cuts rather than the whole thing at once. The 2014 mid terms are important. If we don't vote or sit it out in protest, we will lose in the long run. To many on our side of things just sat it out back in November. There is going to be a lot of hard work ahead. What I found interesting was how quick things moved our way, That Show down in PA, done in less than a day. And this was done by a lot of people who hand money on the line and said no, and were willing to take the losses. Now you know dam right and well the politicians were looking at that and the LEO's telling the Feds to go get bent on this, and its easy to see that this junk is not going anywhere. Then again it was all about sound bits and some grand standing, nothing more. We still don't know what mood altering drugs was in Lasza's system at the time. And we may never know. The tend to forget that he first murdered Mom to get the guns in the first place. And they forget that Murder is a crime, he could not buy a gun in CT himself, so it was already a crime for him to possess such things, and stealing is a crime too, and stealing guns in CT combined with a murder will get you the Death Penalty in CT or it use to. There is a guy on Death Row for just such a thing here. But that was not the point or the issue. Its about dis arming the lawful for the purpose of control, nothing more. Nope I think they will have a hard time taking my rifles away from me. That is the simple truth of it. And CT has some of the strictest gun laws in the Nation too. Go figure!!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
Careful. 2014 could do us in if democrats gain enough Congressional seats.
History tells us that 2014 isn't likely to be kind to Democrats. Plus they will be defending some senate seats in red, or even dark red, states.

NRA Benefactor Member
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here in Alaska our lt governor is going to run for the republican side and will probably be running against begich in the general election... Mead treadwell very well liked and anchorage still dealing with the mess begich left as mayor.. Begich knows he has a tough battle and the consensus is he will loose in 2014...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by watch4bear
This whole debate would end if there were 20 million NRA members.

I agree with that!

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
i could care less what obama says or thinks. at the end of the day the house will get to vote. i have every confidence they will vote down any anti gun measures. as long as pro gun folks have the majority in the house, and some key dems up for election in 2 years feel the pressure from their folks back home, obama and his ilk won't get anything of substance to pass.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Democrats may be stupid, but their handlers ain't. The repercussions of 1994 have not been forgotten.
Personally, I don't get this whole argument. Obama hasn't given up the fight. There has been no disavowing of his statements desiring an AWB. For crying out loud y'all, he and Biden are going on a [bleep] anti-gun tour of the US, just inviting some moronicsuckass to take a shot at them. That doesn't even address the possibility of Agents Provocateur doing the same thing and then blaming it on some wet-brain. These dickweasels are just getting started. It is only by the grace of God that we haven't had some "sensible" gun control rammed down our throats already when you look at the likes of some of the ignoramuses that post on here and claim to be "pro-gun". With friends like that...

The AWB may be dead in the water, but we have plenty of RINO's in the Blue States and otherwise who would like to toe the line on this issue and paint themselves as responsible by passing a capacity ban or brag about doing away with the "gunshow loophole". Boys, we can't see the exit from the proverbial woodlot yet, let alone are we almost out of it.

If we truly want to have the pressure off of us, we should long ago have put the pressure on our elected officials and the NRA to go on the offensive rather than wait for the next tragedy that the big boys wanted to exploit. If we are to win, this is what we have to do now. All the facts are on our side. We either believe our own propaganda that more guns equal less crime or we don't. We either believe in justice, which consists of punishing only the guilty, or we don't. The alternative is to delve into subjective emotionalism and pre-punish possibilities rather than those who have actually committed crimes. Already we have lost a big measure of our 1st Amendment rights.

Don't either underestimate nor overestimate the strength of the enemy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it's his 2014 plan, not saying it will work.

He put the gun bill out there knowing it will fail and then he can point his finger at Repubs.

Same thing will happen on the coming immigration Bill. It will fall short and he'll point the finger at Repubs, hoping to drum up enough support to sweep the mid-term elections and fully control 2 branches of the Gov't, with the final branch almost under his control.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mark, I believe disarming the country is important to the communists, but I believe that breaking the backs of the workers takes priority. The timing isn't right.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
They're going to try and whip a frenzy in some of the blue states where a few RINOS have managed to win elections. Don't have the numbers right by me, but what do they need, like 30 votes?? WWhat do you think a RINO cares more about, re-election or gun rights???

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by RISJR
And he was allegedly a Con Law professor.

Yeah, I bet. Con-niving, con-ceited, con-trarian...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
I think it's his 2014 plan, not saying it will work.

He put the gun bill out there knowing it will fail and then he can point his finger at Repubs.

Same thing will happen on the coming immigration Bill. It will fall short and he'll point the finger at Repubs, hoping to drum up enough support to sweep the mid-term elections and fully control 2 branches of the Gov't, with the final branch almost under his control.
The Clintons seem to be at odds with the Chicago faction a lot, but when it came to the convention, they all came together like one big happy family. Everything they do is scripted. Clinton supposedly said all that stuff about how he messed up, but remember, when he was initially elected he bragged about beating the NRA. The aim of the gun bills are to get all they possibly can. That is the main aim. If that is confiscation, that's great. If it is just some enhancement of background checks, then that's not so great if it doesn't lead to at least some registration. Obama wants to beat Clinton's record on gun control and a bunch of other stuff. There's also the possibility that he really is trying to provoke internal strife up to and including Civil War. I didn't believe it when he first got elected. I never liked him at all, but I believed the way-out stuff to be tinfoil. The farther we've come, the more it looks like it might not be.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Obama suggests Republicans unwilling to compromise in gun control debate

Published January 27, 2013
FoxNews.com

President Obama is suggesting that House Republicans on the issue of gun control appear neither willing to work with him nor listen to the American public on the issue.

The president said he has a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that date back for generations.

Has Obama himself ever fired a gun? Yes, he says, he and others shoot skeet frequently at the president's Maryland retreat, Camp David.

I bet he has pulled a trigger or two.

JD338

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Mark, I believe disarming the country is important to the communists, but I believe that breaking the backs of the workers takes priority. The timing isn't right.
I don't know that it does. Both are ongoing processes. We're a lot farther down the road of breaking the backs of the middle class for lack of a better term. We're getting that from both ends and both parties regardless of what people believe. Bush doubled the debt before Obama did. Bush also did the first Quantitative Easing, letting off many of the big corporations. I don't know how people are doing as well as they are or how the economy is either. My only thought is that people must be a lot farther in debt than either they or the government is letting on. I have to think that a lot of folks are utilizing their credit and are about ready to bust. Most of the unemployed have either run out of benefits or have taken work making them underemployed. Still, we keep on truckin'...

They will go for whatever they can get on the guns. I think it is both a distraction and for real at the same time. As to elected officials who look vulnerable right now, they can always be paid off to take a fall. Soros has deep pockets.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 01/27/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fburgtx
They're going to try and whip a frenzy in some of the blue states where a few RINOS have managed to win elections. Don't have the numbers right by me, but what do they need, like 30 votes?? WWhat do you think a RINO cares more about, re-election or gun rights???
They've already been successful in whipping up a frenzy in the Red States...

Just tonight, one of my wife's Facebook friends was making a post talking to politicians about how they took an oath to uphold this country's laws and defend it not turn it into a part of some world government. This is a female and you wouldn't believe how many of my wife's female friends, many of them her former students (yes, she is a HATED teacher) love guns and have been hitting the pro-gun talking points every day after the tragedy and subsequent anti-gun horsefukkingshit.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 01/27/13.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
And he was allegedly a Con Law professor.

Yeah, I bet. Con-niving, con-ceited, con-trarian...

He was a visiting guest lecturer when the truth came out- not on the faculty.

Lying sack of schit POTUS

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,804 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,796
Posts18,536,443
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.