-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Titanium is a very hard metal to machine things into. And while its light and very strong, its also very expensive. They use it in the hot section on turbine and jet engines. If it floats your boat, that fine, you get what you are willing to pay for I guess. That amount of money would pay for a few tags or the day rate for Africa. I would rather spend the money on hunting.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Some douche bags will buy it. I imagine it sitting in a heated blind in Texas waiting for a corn feeder to go off. Some hefty. oil well owning Texan will set his coffe cup down, squeeze the trigger and have someone come pick him and the deeer up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
I'm always suspect when they won't tell you who's barrel they use....

DITTO

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Some douche bags will buy it. I imagine it sitting in a heated blind in Texas waiting for a corn feeder to go off. Some hefty. oil well owning Texan will set his coffe cup down, squeeze the trigger and have someone come pick him and the deeer up.

God bless 'Merica. If the rich never paid for expensive things us mortals would never have have them either. Certainly nothing wrong with a fine piece of steel, titanium and graphite being built by many hands here in America.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For the fashion coordinated hunter with more money than experience... at least the logo is huge and ugly.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80

Yea, ain't life grand !!!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Brad
For the fashion coordinated hunter with more money than experience... at least the logo is huge and ugly.

Brad, "young" Viking, as so often here, your pithy observation just made me roar in laughter!

Given, the last few years of my life, that is exactly what an "old" Viking, needs! Thanks and keep it up! smile smile smile

Note: I have a couple of big game rifles, a 7-08 and even a CRF Mod. 70 sts shorty .308Win, that weigh under 7 lbs, all up. I have many .270s, .280s and a .30-06 all CRF that weigh well under the magic 8 lbs. that J'OC considered optimal for mountain hunting and I have never found that a single "pound" or so, made ANY difference in mountain hunting.....on my FEET or, as with many of we older guys, around our middles, THAT makes a BIG difference!

KUIU, and many outfits like it are all about trying to BUY instant mountain hunting expertise....and, it just don't work that way.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Consumers are all about trying to BUY instant mountain hunting expertise....and, it just don't work that way.

FIFY.

KUIU is responsible for selling (or one could argue creating an image), consumers are creating the demand. He started it at Sitka "turning clothing into gear", but to be fair, hunting clothing was (and still is) in need of better clothing options....especially stuff that matches your rifle, boots and underwear. grin

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yeah, I know, I REALLY worry over using my old merino wool in "garbage bag green" as it does NOT "colour coordinate" with my 30 year old Columbia "Treebark" camo fleece suits, bought "on sale" for 40% off circa 1983 or so.

Then, sometimes, I actually WEAR one of these red checked COTTON "doeskin" heavy shirts in the BC mountains, OH, Iago, the pity!

Funny, we who actually live and work(ed) in BC, AB and Canada's north and whose families founded these jurisdictions circa the mid and late 19thC., USUALLY wore such cheap and "unkewl" garb and still do......

For 20+ years, until they finally fell apart, I wore Swedish Army woolen pants in what is now called "Foliage" colour and green British Army "Commando" sweaters over the superb British "Mellofleece" merino longjohns, was NEVER cold, wet and the stuff cost less than a tank of gas for my Toyota 4x4. But, it is no longer available, sorry to say.

BTW, you have misquoted me above, no problem, tho'.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I know I miss quoted you, hence the FIFY (fixed it for you).

There is lots of gear that works, but prior to Sitka and KUIU there was a lack of alternatives in the market. No ned to bag on one option over another, it all works even if some think matching underwear makes them a better hunter.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

194 members (264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 27 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,535
Posts18,531,039
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.