-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a bad experience with Bruno's. I ordered some gunpowder and they sent me the wrong powder. I called them and they said their inventory was correct and they could not help me. WTF!!!! Luckily, I payed with a credit card and I contested the charge and got my money back. I would not do business with them again.

HR IC

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by rockchuck828

Have you tried to call them to order????....they dont answer, order online or nothing right now.
I have dealt with Lester Bruno and his 2 kid's for several years and they always find a way to nick you for an extra charge on everything. after a barrel double charge debacle I wont buy from them ever again!!!!!!!!

I called to see if they had some of the 22lr I shoot. This was the scare before this one. He said the price of a brick went up $20 because of supply and demand. "If you want it, that's the price."

He has a set group of 6BR shooters he caters to in the valley. I honestly believe he owns a retail shop so he himself can get product.

He daughter is much easier to work with for product availability. Prices are still through the roof.

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I just had an experience with Brunos that I felt that needed passed along, after reading this thread.

I'm in the middle of building a 6mmBR. This chambering is new to me, and got to where it had me second-guessing myself sometimes.

There is a bunch of conflicting info on brass, chamber dimensions, "Lapua" vs "Norma" vs "Remington" all being "different", and some will fit/some won't, etc.

Brunos had some Lapua 6mmBR brass on sale. I was interested, but didn't want to spring for a box of 500 if it wouldn't fit my chamber. eek

So, I emailed them, and basically said "I'm new to this particular cartridge, will your brass fit?".

The response was "Give me an address, I'll send a couple for you to check before committing to a purchase".

The little package showed up a few days ago, no charge.

Granted, it didn't cost them much, but it was a whole lot more customer-friendly than taking the easy way out and saying either "I don't know, too bad", or "You need to buy it to find out".

I just wanted to put this out there to counter some of the bad experiences others have had with them.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
their rimfire pricing seems ok...

Last edited by Spotshooter; 02/10/13.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Amy Bruno is super to work with. She makes a lot of effort.

Up to you to decide if their prices are good. Sierra bullets and Lapua brass I was buying, they were the cheapest. They shipped the way I wanted. I saved more than enough to offset their handling fee.

Think boxes and packing materials don't cost money? Griping about a $3.50 handling charge is pathetic.

Like everything, better know how to recognize a deal before you spend your money...

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by hogan
Think boxes and packing materials don't cost money? Griping about a $3.50 handling charge is pathetic.

As they say... ain't nothing free.

The others just build that in to their initial cost, so since guys don't see it, they don't think of it. Doesn't mean they're not paying it. whistle

Simply compare bottom line prices when shopping, and go with what looks best to you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never liked Bruno's...taking advantage of a situation and price gouging your customer for a few dollars says all anyone needs to know about them.

You need to get over to the classifieds here and get an education. Seems there ain't no such thing as price gouging. Just good ole boys making a living. Thems the ones that never go anywhere but the classifieds, my opinion is a little different. cry miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Prices went up globally across the industry folks.

Bruno's is still cheaper than many, get over the griping.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Shoot, you think Bruno's is gouging???
A local gun dealer in town here jacked their prices up almost double on everything straight across the board during the latest go-around.
A week before they had AR-15's for $875 and after the same exact rifle was listed at $1800
On their used rack they hard some cheap .22lr's (marlin 60's) and they were $69 after the scare $140
Ammo.......I won't even go there!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ColdBore
I just had an experience with Brunos that I felt that needed passed along, after reading this thread.

I'm in the middle of building a 6mmBR. This chambering is new to me, and got to where it had me second-guessing myself sometimes.

There is a bunch of conflicting info on brass, chamber dimensions, "Lapua" vs "Norma" vs "Remington" all being "different", and some will fit/some won't, etc.

Brunos had some Lapua 6mmBR brass on sale. I was interested, but didn't want to spring for a box of 500 if it wouldn't fit my chamber. eek

So, I emailed them, and basically said "I'm new to this particular cartridge, will your brass fit?".

The response was "Give me an address, I'll send a couple for you to check before committing to a purchase".

The little package showed up a few days ago, no charge.

Granted, it didn't cost them much, but it was a whole lot more customer-friendly than taking the easy way out and saying either "I don't know, too bad", or "You need to buy it to find out".

I just wanted to put this out there to counter some of the bad experiences others have had with them.

They really like to raise prices in crunch situations and some of it is not gouging, some of it is. I go there quite a bit because it is convenient and I don't like having bullets shipped. He doesn't gouge on bullets. Last time I was there it was hectic, they said that they are buying stuff from whomever at whatever price they have to pay to get it. I think some of what you see is that. I don't think this is true with primers. They are definitely gouging on those. I won't buy primers from them for this very reason. Lester is a very good capitalist but lots of us have good memories. It will get him in the end.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Agreed, I have shopped there for probably 20 years, but in recent years they have fluctuated wildly on powder and primer prices depending on the political climate. They can do what they want, but I don't drive over there nearly as often as I used to.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Worst gouging I ever saw was in a gunshop in OK.

They had some original, very old .411 350 grain Barnes X's for like 20 bucks a box of fifty.

One year later, everything was way more expensive, largely due to copper prices.

They had that same 20 year old box there for 60 bucks...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've used Bruno's a few times and been very happy. Building my last custom, it was 8 months or so to get a BAT action, but Bruno had one in stock that had been reserved by Remington. They told me they would call them and ask if they wanted it or not. A day later a new BAT HR action was coming my way, at the going price.
Last week I found 1K Sierra bullets for the AR at suggested retail. They are coming too.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
I only bought from them once. When they had some RCM brass posted without current prices. I told him that was the price listed so that is what I was paying.....right after I ordered, they changed it higher.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Received order from bruno today. (50) 6.5 swede priced .67 ea billed 50.89. Has clever way for placing order without shipping amount, toll fee phone # thats always busy. Got me once i'm done

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Call it capitalism, supply demand or whatever. Places like that will never get my business.

Like these azzholes!

http://alamoammo.com/rifle-ammo/22-...d-hp-525-rnds-m-id-22lr-upc-047700009100

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
RDFinn Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
From Bruno's site today...

Federal Primers #210 Standard Large Rifle - (Per 1000) *** IN STOCK 03/05/2013 *** In Stock $59.95

So with the HazMat fee and his shipping charges you're probaby looking at over $100 shipped for a 1000 standard Federal LR primers.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They do have some better deals than that.

The Winchester box of 525 are only $239.95 ($10 cheaper than the Remington's - $249.95)

1 box of 50 Winchester Wildcat22 - $22.95

http://alamoammo.com/rifle-ammo/22-long-rifle

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
F*ck Bruno's Shooter Supply in Pheonix Arizona.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I went there once before a coues deer hunt. I can't say that they are like this every day but I NEVER have been in a shop that had more rude folks to ignore you than I have ever seen.

They didn't point a gun at my head to make me buy what I needed but I needed it and I paid the price. Only about 130% of what I had paid at another vendor.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 02bfishn, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 16,360 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,204
Posts18,543,622
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.