-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's tough when my son can go through a 525 pack in 1 evening at the deer lease. I've got maybe 20,000 rounds, but that won't last long at the rate my son goes through them. I've been buying a few rounds of 22 mag lately because he likes to shoot that too, and it's not much more expensive than 22 LR now. Crazy times and the manufacturers won't ever catch up.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
+1 well said Dink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stoney - stop stressing. I've got tons. Will send you 400 rounds of CCI for free to get you through squirrel season. No worries, brother -you'd do the same for me. PM inbound.

Joe

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 257heaven
It's tough when my son can go through a 525 pack in 1 evening at the deer lease. I've got maybe 20,000 rounds, but that won't last long at the rate my son goes through them. I've been buying a few rounds of 22 mag lately because he likes to shoot that too, and it's not much more expensive than 22 LR now. Crazy times and the manufacturers won't ever catch up.

Damn 257 have you and son considered a sling shot? 525 in one evening... that's like stuffing money up a hog's ass and hollering suey pig, suey.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
slg888 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Killertraylor
Stoney - stop stressing. I've got tons. Will send you 400 rounds of CCI for free to get you through squirrel season. No worries, brother -you'd do the same for me. PM inbound.

Joe
Thanks Joe

Last edited by slg888; 01/31/13.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sooooo glad I picked up 20k of cci small primers and 48 lbs of WC844 before this crap started again

I buy 22 ammo by the case also.....hoarder? No....but I now have a supply I can shoot on my demand.....self sufficient

.223 I have enough powder, primers and bullets to last for 5 years at 3k a year

Ammo in the cabinet is like outing money in the bank to spend/use later

And as far as how long this will go till its back to normal.....it will never be normal ever again fellas

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I put $$$$$ in my retirement 401k each week

Am I a hoarder......no just prepared

Some aren't

Ammo wise and $$$$$$

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by gemby58
some guys just dont know do they hammer47

Nope, not a clue. Is this the same gaggle of pencilnecks that was doing all the whining during the last Obama inspired problem or is this a fresh bunch?
I said it before and will say it once more........If you see a problem coming and do nothing to prepare for it then you get no sympathy from this quarter. History repeats itself and if you learned nothing from the last Obama "shortage" then you are destined to keep repeating the aggrivation until such time as you pull your head out of your azz and pay attention.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm seeing .22LR at many stops - WalMart in Jacksonville NC had 15 or so boxes of 50 rounds each of one Remington load two days ago (they limit you to 3 boxes of any particular ammo per visit). Lady running that department says they get ammo in a couple of times per week (I bought two boxes of .45 ACP 230 hardball - she had a dozen and that was right after lunch). I was in a local gunshop yesterday - he must have had ten varieties of .22LR (different brands and loads) not to mention a case of the 555 round bulk packs. I bought one box of Federal Classic .22 WMR - he had four or five brands, and the price was normal for that load ($11.00/box). I think ammo is coming in sporadically - pick a gunshop and tell them what you want to buy when it comes in. Good luck.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yea. I guess I've been hoarding for 30 years. Haha. But I guess I'm a little of both (hoarder and panic buyer). I saw a story on the legitimate news about obama trying to backdoor an ammo ban through the EPA re: lead bullets. I ordered 1,000 ea of 9mm and 45 lead bullets before the story was even over.

Been loading and shooting lead for 30 years and was worried about it a few years ago after seeing one of those stories, so I got a blood test. Just small trace way under the lower limit.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW

Damn 257 have you and son considered a sling shot? 525 in one evening... that's like stuffing money up a hog's ass and hollering suey pig, suey.

Haha. We had to drive 30 miles to town so we could pick some more up at Walmart for the next day. Of course, that was back in the good ole days when Walmart had 22 ammo for about $12.99/525.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ever?

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mahoneys in Johnson City has ammo. They have limited the per person sales and have been able to have ammo go this that actually need it that way.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I had a dozen or so guys on here asking if I wanted to sell any of my Federal Gold match ammo, and I said I would let a couple of bricks go. Quoted a price of $11.46 a box or $108 a brick, (Midway #35 catalog price) some dont respond back some says I'm a azzhole for selling it at that price. This isent a shortage price this is a price that Midway had in there 2012 catalog. They think I'm dumb enough to sell it for what I paid for it back on 1998 at .50 a box or $5.00 a brick which I got from a salvage freight company when I had the shop back then (bought 20 cases or 200 bricks) at that time this ammo was selling for $5 something a box dealer price from distribtors like Jerrys Sports center, Grice wholsale of Ron Shirks. I'm willing to sell at today market price and not the ammo scare shortage prices but I'm still called a azzhole or hoarder. I invested my money in 1998 on this awsome buy and held onto it this long. And I can tell you this if any of the crybabys and name callers bought it for this in 1998 they sure wouldn't give it away at the prices they paid for it in 1998 and not todays market prices. If thats the case lets see if they will sell me there Winchester pre 64's for what they paid for it back in the 40,50,and 60's, or there black gun they had before 1994 assult band or even there house or there farm. I think that would be a differnt story to them, I think they would tell me this is todays market value. So call me what you want aszzhole, hoarder, whatever I dont really care, bottom line is that I have the supply and you demand the product, you bitch about gas price but I bet you still buy the gas. Enough said about this [bleep], gemby58 out

Last edited by gemby58; 01/31/13.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gemby58
I had a dozen or so guys on here asking if I wanted to sell any of my Federal Gold match ammo, and I said I would let a couple of bricks go. Quoted a price of $11.46 a box or $108 a brick, (Midway #35 catalog price) some dont respond back some says I'm a azzhole for selling it at that price. This isent a shortage price this is a price that Midway had in there 2012 catalog. They think I'm dumb enough to sell it for what I paid for it back on 1998 at .50 a box or $5.00 a brick which I got from a salvage freight company when I had the shop back then (bought 20 cases or 200 bricks) at that time this ammo was selling for $5 something a box dealer price from distribtors like Jerrys Sports center, Grice wholsale of Ron Shirks. I'm willing to sell at today market price and not the ammo scare shortage prices but I'm still called a azzhole or hoarder. I invested my money in 1998 on this awsome buy and held onto it this long. And I can tell you this if any of the crybabys and name callers bought it for this in 1998 they sure wouldn't give it away at the prices they paid for it in 1998 and not todays market prices. If thats the case lets see if they will sell me there Winchester pre 64's for what they paid for it back in the 40,50,and 60's, or there black gun they had before 1994 assult band or even there house or there farm. I think that would be a differnt story to them, I think they would tell me this is todays market value. So call me what you want aszzhole, hoarder, whatever I dont really care, bottom line is that I have the supply and you demand the product, you bitch about gas price but I bet you still buy the gas. Enough said about this [bleep], gemby58 out

And considering what a hassle it is to ship this stuff it is q good deal. Hmm I might have to think about this one grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll bet a lot of these guys are not planning for retirement. One day they will wake up and say I can't retire because I didn't save any money. Must have skipped Boy. Scouts. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by sidewinder72
Greed is the key word. I will not buy at inflated prices. I will not go back to a gouging business. I will let my money and mouth speak loudly. Good shooting

I've discovered a couple of shops I will no longer do business with and have let them know.

It's a free country (for now) and your free to [bleep] people if ya want but I'm also free to never do business with you again.

Amen brother. Here in Cheyenne we have only one shop that carries 5.7x28mm at close to $40 a box of 50 with a 2 box limit imposed. Personally he can use them as suppositories as far as I am concerned. I can not wait until Sportsman's Warehouse opens up in June here! I hope all these gouging azzholes close up shop and starve!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
S
slg888 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
I'll bet a lot of these guys are not planning for retirement. One day they will wake up and say I can't retire because I didn't save any money. Must have skipped Boy. Scouts. Hasbeen
Or in some cases like mine, I had an itch to buy/own a 22LR and there is no ammo available because the flea market and gun show sellers pitch a tent in front of dept stores waiting for the Kenworth to show up.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
When you have hard nosed individuals looking out only for themselves, with no regard for their fellows, you get the kind of rancor we're witnessing now. Sad. "I got mine, screw you", is not the attitude that makes for good neighbors.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I am retired, did that in 2002, I was 45 when I retired, so I guess I did some planning, I'm a hasbeen with a heck of alot of guns and ammo

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (3333vl, 35, anothergun, Armednfree, Angus1895, 38HBWC, 13 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,029
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.