-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You "PT" guys are missing the point. REGARLDLESS of whether they can keep up, the introduction of females into an all-male environment brings a whole host of hormone-related problems, ostensibly destroying the warrior culture and the whole concept of human interaction since the dawn of time. If women were meant to do this, we would have figured this out ten thousand years ago and they would have been fighting side by side all along. They didn't for a reason, and no stroke of a pen is going to EVER change that.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ribka
can the cross fit gals lift and carry a 220 soldier on their backs?

Was it an obstacle course orb the actual PT test?

Did they max the USMC male standards or the lesser female standards? Did they run it in combat boots? How many dead hang pull ups did they perform?

How do they perform during a menstrual cycle?

How in the hell would I know?

All I did was watch a half hour show that showed some very impressive women doing some very impressive stuff.

So I did a look-up.

It was a tough four day event.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 was the first full day of competition for the men and women. Four scored events at the U.S. Marine base, Camp Pendleton.

�The first event of the 2012 Reebok CrossFit Games would be a swim, bike, run event at Camp Pendleton. The race starts with a 700-meter ocean swim with fins, followed by an 8-kilometer bike ride across undulating terrain and soft sand, and finishes with a 11.3-kilometer run across steep hills and more than 427 meters of elevation gain.

After about an hour of rest, athletes will complete the Camp Pendleton School of Infantry Obstacle Course.
They will race against each other head-to-head in a three-round bracketed tournament. This is the first time in CrossFit Games history that any event has been executed in bracketed heats.
This means four athletes will race against each other in heats. The top finisher from each heat moves on to the next round of the obstacle course, competing next to the other heat winners and four wildcard athletes. These are the four best times of all the athletes who didn�t win their heats in the first round. The winners of the four heats in the second round then move onto the final round for the win.�

Could these gals lift and carry a 220 soldier on their backs?

There was a short weight lifting segment on the show where the women were doing barbell cleans

They would do one clean every 30 seconds with heavier weight each rep until failure. Then finish with as many deadlifts with that weight as possible.

I think they said men start with about 205 pounds and the gals with 105.
I did not see any of the men�s competition, but I remember the top women were cleaning over 200 pounds. 235 was the best, I think.

I did not see, but my look-up found a final evening event on the last day.

That workout was three rounds for time of:
8 Medicine ball cleans (150/80lbs)
100-foot Medicine ball carry
7 Parallette handstand push-ups
100-foot Medicine ball carry

You have to remember these CrossFit ladies have been training and competing for years to reach this level.

A lower level than Cross Fit men but still higher than that required by the Marines.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Not only that, but men have been the fighters for hundreds of thousands of years. Women haven't.

Might want to take a short trip over to your local 'hood', Conrad.

And, uhh, how many years we been at it?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
The first and primary reason to keep girls out of combat units is esprit de corps. Moral and the toughness of these units is based on a dynamic which woman destroy. Even if a women could compete phyically its a stupid idea for this reason alone.

Secondly minimum physical standards are just that. To give a somewhat dated example. When I was active the passing score for the PT test was 220. but in my division every infantry company had a gold Streamer for its guidon whick meant that 90% of the company scored 270 or better. (when you consider that nearly 10% would likely be on profile for some injury or on leave) meaning that every soldier could score the 270.. frankly nearly every soldier could do a max score.

Whats more the difficult physical test for a combat infantryman isn't running, pushups or carrying a buddy through an obstacale course. Its the wear and tear that body armor,90 lbs of gear, heat, bruises, bumps, rubs take over the course of a career. Every see a first sargent or CSM.. they are 35-45 years old and look 55-65. Its a hard abusive life, many (most) men can't do it and the % of women who can are far less. Even if they didn't destroy the Espirt de corps its not practical to find the small precentage of women who can hack it. Heck its hard to find the men who can.

Sure you could test for physical performance before enlistment, but its really a poor way to judge the longterm physical performance of an individual. Or should we send women through basic/AIT and then make a determination of their toughness.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If she can out PT all the men in her class...
she is either an Amazon
or you need some men in that area.

If I want to win a football game, I ain't sending in the cheerleaders

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
She may be first in her class in PT, set at women standards. I doubt she'd be first if she was compared to male standards.

The Marine Corps has been trying to test the idea of women in the infantry. They're trying to get 90 canidates from its women officer program to complete the Infantry Course. So far, two have applied. One dropped out the first day and the other within two weeks. No other women have applied to the program.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ines-step-forward-for-infantry/?page=all

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Almost all of them are now involved in combat in one way or another anyway. Most of the engagements come from being ambused on the road or on patrol. Lots of women in Iraq and Afghanistan have served with honor during firefights. I know of several in the MPs that were constantly tested in Iraq.

Do I think allowing a woman to carry an Infantry combat load is a thing - not really, and I think it will prove to be untenable with the massive loads these guys carry, but I really don't have any doubt that women can do well in everyday firefights.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
When this was first posted, IE before this thread popped up, I was for this idea.

And then I did a bit of paying attention to folks other than my wife over a weekend and realized that both the females generally speaking are not up to it. And that the males could never generally control themselves either.

As such its a bad idea and I had to change my mind to come up with that.

But don't ever discount a single female as Casey and others have. They are NOT all the same.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I read somewhere that most women joining the armed forces can't even do 1 pull-up! People like that shouldn't even be allowed in. Oh, and those women in strength competitions -- don't you think they've been taking just a wee bit of steroids?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing more than a total disaster in the making.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Ya think?I have seen a woman logging truck driver but never a woman in the brush or packing a chain saw around all day, why, there not built for it.

They let women in to the smoke jumper clan, the real smoke jumpers are over protective of the ones that were let in leaving them at risk for there lack of physical ability.Remember the Colorado fire where a bunch of smoke jumpers died because they couldn't get over the hill in time?

I can pick up or drag any man away from harm, women can't do the same, or very few.

Suicides are at an all time high in combat now, let's not increase the mortality from some joker trying to protect a woman that doesn't need to be there.

Make every politician serve in the forces, at least basic training to see the real difference between men and women and there physical capabilities under stress.

Jayco

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
When i think about the enemies America has faced .....

the Germans
Japs
Koreans
Vietnamese
some African countries
Cubans
other South Americans ......
various Indian tribes

and then muslum enemies .....

CHICAGO THUG is setting us up, (with the demoncrapic party) to get our azzes beat but good!

Till now America has had a tradition of winning our wars!

Methinks that's doomed to change.

If I went into battle, I want the meanest, strongest, and even [some] of the crudest men I've met protecting my back!

By the way, all the know-it-alls who think the military is the perfect social laboratory ...... I wonder how many of them have studied how our women were treated in WWII when they were POW's?

And later when the muslums captured some of our women in the middle east, whenever the enemy or capturs had the opportunity, it wasnt' hard to detect that our repatrioted women had been badly abused.

Is that only a "preview?"

Wimmins indeed destroy all that [espirit de corps] when its a man's world!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is a humanity fail for the sake of political correctness.

Don't care about any other aspect. We, as men, are supposed to be protecting our women and children. Not throwing them into combat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My comment in a similar thread.

In our modern society, women and men are supposed to be completely equal, regardless of how completely differently we were created.

(which makes me freakin batshit crazy btw)

NO woman ever created is physically equal to the most physically advanced males of our species, period, end of story.

No woman has ever played in the NFL, no woman has ever won a boxing title against a man, no woman has ever beat a man in an Olympic event, ever.

Yes, there are women that can out perform men.
These are exceptional women and sub par men.

You take the best male soldiers and team them up with the best women soldiers and the men are still going to have to scale down to accommodate the fairer sexed soldier.

PMS? Menstruation issues, moodiness and bloating?
GMAFB.

How can women in an infantry or special forces unit do anything but drag the unit down?
Not to mention the sexual tensions and advances.

It is inevitable that standards will be lowered to accommodate female soldiers desiring a position in special combat units.

Call me a total sexist pig, or what ever the Hell you want but that is the cold hard truth and a damn hard pill to swallow for the feminists and the warped out progressive mentality that is ruining this once great country.

Proud NRA Life Member
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Not sure why we need to stop at military, prisons should be COED as well since women can obviously handle themselves.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by logcutter
Ya think?I have seen a woman logging truck driver but never a woman in the brush or packing a chain saw around all day, why, there not built for it.

Seperate from the issue at hand,... I personally know a woman that can and does run a chain saw all day, if thats what she needs to do. She generally stays on the saw all day and hookin timber while her husband runs a d-6 or skidder. Shes not a big gal either but she can put most men to shame when it comes to draggin timber or workin around thier mill.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Salmonella
My comment in a similar thread.

In our modern society, women and men are supposed to be completely equal, regardless of how completely differently we were created.

(which makes me freakin batshit crazy btw)

NO woman ever created is physically equal to the most physically advanced males of our species, period, end of story.

No woman has ever played in the NFL, no woman has ever won a boxing title against a man, no woman has ever beat a man in an Olympic event, ever.

Yes, there are women that can out perform men.
These are exceptional women and sub par men.

You take the best male soldiers and team them up with the best women soldiers and the men are still going to have to scale down to accommodate the fairer sexed soldier.

PMS? Menstruation issues, moodiness and bloating?
GMAFB.

How can women in an infantry or special forces unit do anything but drag the unit down?
Not to mention the sexual tensions and advances.

It is inevitable that standards will be lowered to accommodate female soldiers desiring a position in special combat units.

Call me a total sexist pig, or what ever the Hell you want but that is the cold hard truth and a damn hard pill to swallow for the feminists and the warped out progressive mentality that is ruining this once great country.

PMS, Bloating, moodiness, etc.... sounds like my boss exactly. And he ain't a she. grins.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would think there is going to be alot of men dealing with "relationship" issues in tight knit quarters.

That is going to be a distraction.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by logcutter

They let women in to the smoke jumper clan, the real smoke jumpers are over protective of the ones that were let in leaving them at risk for there lack of physical ability.Remember the Colorado fire where a bunch of smoke jumpers died because they couldn't get over the hill in time?

I can pick up or drag any man away from harm, women can't do the same, or very few.

Suicides are at an all time high in combat now, let's not increase the mortality from some joker trying to protect a woman that doesn't need to be there.

Make every politician serve in the forces, at least basic training to see the real difference between men and women and there physical capabilities under stress.

Jayco

Gender had nothing to do with the fatalities that day. 8 of the 10 standard firefighting orders violated and 12 of 18 watch out situations ignored and extreme can do attitude contributed. They were in very steep terrain with over 6' fuel, a lot of that terrain is soft, like running uphill on the beach.
Aside from that, women explicitly assigned to combat is stupid. Incidental combat definitely happens. my niece volunteered for patrols when she did not have to according to her mos. She wanted to go out for experience and thought she would be an observer but actually helped search houses, manned the gun on the humvee and provided security for a medevac flight after an ambush. Since we took care of her daughter on her next deployment we made her promise shouldn't volunteer again.

Last edited by smarquez; 01/31/13.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by rost495
When this was first posted, IE before this thread popped up, I was for this idea.

And then I did a bit of paying attention to folks other than my wife over a weekend and realized that both the females generally speaking are not up to it. And that the males could never generally control themselves either.

As such its a bad idea and I had to change my mind to come up with that.

But don't ever discount a single female as Casey and others have. They are NOT all the same.

Jeff,

Don't get me wrong, I have all the respect for the women in the armed forces, as well as law enforcement but the fact is, I, personally would not bet my life on a woman (no matter her qualifications) to best a highly motivated man in hand to hand combate.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 10Glocks, 16penny, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,527
Posts18,472,651
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.