Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Yes. They took over the building Circuit City occupied.

That really is close to GM. I'll bet the GM folks are sweating it-except for the ones who have jumped ship to Cabela's.

Local paper had a slide show of the inside of the new store. Gun racks were full, that won't last long. grin

I'm figuring the mad dash will be headed for the ammo counter. Anybody ready for a rugby scrum???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The panic attitude is bizzare, pay way to much for stuff and then in a couple months it's all over the shelves everywhere for regular price... the best buys will be this summer when all the fools are selling their crap they shouldn't have stock piled in the first place... We have been through this many times and some people will never learn.... Rookies... The government makes a ton of money off of panic buying.....

1 and done
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
at a rapid pace!

Camp is where you make it.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by highridge1
We have been through this many times and some people will never learn.... Rookies... The government DocRocket makes a ton of money off of panic buying.....

LOL!!

Fixed for ya. Actually, I made a few bucks in December selling some of my G17 magazines, but as the prices got insane on Gunbroker I took my ad off... just didn't feel right selling mags for $60+... a buddy of mine in WI who makes a large part of his annual income off GB and private gun/ammo deals has made a fortune in the past 2 months. Cases of .223 going for $1000+... it's crazy!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Almost ran out of Varget a few years ago right in the middle of the competition season. IIRC I paid $34 for a pound. Got 32lbs in storage now...

eek I thought $22 a pound was high....

Just bought 3lbs of Red Dot for my skeet loads for $17 a pound.

Gunner

So you are a skeeter? laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That is crazy.

There's an ass for every seat.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
No, Im a wanna be aint never gonna be, but it is fun shootin AT them. lol

Gunner

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
I bought enough ammo and reloading supplies

but I can't go to the gun range and enjoy myself. All I think about is how I have to replace what I'm shooting.
Same here. I've got huge stockpiles, but can't shoot because my policy is to replace as I shoot, and the prices are too high, and availability too low, for that at this time.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I understand the "replace as you go" thought process as that's where I stand as well.

That said.....skills degrade, guns sit there doing nothing, and my kid wants to know why we're not popping primers! [bleep] that!
I'll shoot and replace what I can (buy and load) and maybe wind up a little on the "low" end. My "low" end is still plenty high and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Things will be in stock before you know it. It's already slowing down around here big time.AR' aren't selling and prices are dropping big time.

1 and done
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by highridge1
Things will be in stock before you know it. It's already slowing down around here big time.AR' aren't selling and prices are dropping big time.
Yep, for the first time in a while my local gun shop is actually able to put ARs on their wall racks without them getting bought up before making it there.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Two weeks ago .45acp ammo was nowhere to be found. Connor and I made the rounds today and found it in a couple different stores in decent quantity.

I will continue to shoot.....

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Amazing, to see the panic in folks eyes, the sense of urgency, as they grabbed some of this, and some of that.
All the .45 auto, 9mm and .40 S&W was GONE...
laugh

This is the 4th or 5th gun/ammo panic I've seen since the mid-90's. I was inconvenienced by the first couple (couldn't get enough primers to load my summer IDPA ammo supply), but I was able to get the ammo I needed at gouge-level prices so all it cost me was a bit more money. I started making sure I had a modest inventory of components and ammo on hand after that, though.

When the .223/5.56 shortage hit in 2006, I decided to start keeping a bit more loaded ammo on hand...

[Linked Image]

Those that plan ahead stay ahead of the crowd mentality.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Same here. I've got huge stockpiles, but can't shoot because my policy is to replace as I shoot, and the prices are too high, and availability too low, for that at this time.

that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Oh well there will be more for the angry negroes to haul off in their pickup trucks.... crazy At least the Feds know you are stockpiling ammo now....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (AdventureBound, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 673, 1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 14 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,877
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.