Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Now I'm atta distinct disadvantage as I'm not hip on all this fancy-schmancy gun stuff nomenclature,including the "LVSF" designator. Now were I to make a supposition,I'd state plainly that a tube of it's girth is farrrrrrrrrrrr better suited to a handle of greater than 24oz weight and prolly right at [bleep] home in yet another sumptin' to frost poor(literally) 'Cub's Imagination.

Boxer, explain. since your not familiar with the remington lvsf model, tells us which tube and girth you are talking about that is not suited well to a 24oz stock. Why so?

You'll shoot your eye out
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Boxer, looks like you have posted pics of 12-13 different rifles here. Are these all rifles you currently own?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love this pic (circa 1998) no matter how many times you post it trying to appear taller. I'm guessin' it a 5' dia. stump, so that makes you about 4'9". Sound about right, shortling?

You ARE a legend!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mgw619
Boxer, looks like you have posted pics of 12-13 different rifles here. Are these all rifles you currently own?

Tell him he's awesome. He loves the hero worship.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm done here .... Please feel free to carry on with your buffoonery.

Laffin'

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Laffin'

Yep, done here too. Been fun.

Last edited by Mgw619; 02/06/13.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Laffin'

Hey Cub,
Don't leave yet..
Squirrel Boy just gittin ready to show us pictures of those monster blacktail bucks he kilt this last season..

Aren't ya Squirrel Boy???

whistle

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

'619,

You are at a distinct "advantage",in that you don't gotta play Dumb,you simply "get" to live it. Wow! Is there any [bleep] end to your incredible [bleep] stupidity?!!?

It'd be sumptin' to have 12-13 rifles. Laffin'!

I'm just glad the talk didn't turn to VS(wood/blue),VS(matte/synthetic),VLS(beavertail and "plain",LTR,VSSF,Sendero(matte/synthetic or stainless/synthetic),because it woulda been awkward for me. Laffin'!

One thing is for certain about you...when it's all said and done,there's gonna be a lot more said than done.

'Cub,

Groovin' on the perpetual constant on how you never miss an opportunity to Whine,yet it's impossible for you to shine. Always a hoot to letcha' prattle on about all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been...if only because it's the best you can do,with what incredibly little you have to work with. Bless your heart.

'98 is pretty [bleep] funny,but your incredible Dumbphucktitude isn't to be slighted in it's sensational magnitude. I reckon it'll help you keep up,if I date schit,so someone even as [bleep] stupid as you can have a chance. Laffin'!

Cracks me the [bleep] up to hang pics,that align with uploaded footage of same,if only to totally fuel your Imagination and maximize your Pretend. Gotta be awfully nice for you,to conjoin audio with the visual,so you can Pretend away your sad sack Do [bleep] Nothing Reality and get yet another vicarious fix. Laffin'.

Gots me a hunch,there's video in conjunction with this too...so you'll have much to Pretend about.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Entertaininger than [bleep],that you were ever under the impression that you were "in" anything,yet felt compelled to denote that you are now out. Allow me to clue you in on a little "secret",in that the ONLY thing you've ever been in,is over your head. In fairness,I do not wish to slight the eloquence of your magnificent ability to Whine,as it truly is sumptin' and your Vagina Monologue is always offa the [bleep] charts. You could not become the Jeff-O Of The North,by any other route and your "results" and "experience" sublimely frost that cake in conjunction with the high-pitched nasal narration of your Nothingness. Congratulations?!!?

P.S and by the way...I always did love your pics.

Laffin'!

Nrut,

No sparks in '12..it was plum uneventful.

[Linked Image]

I get nearly as big of a kick outta your Imagination,as you do. You Do Nothing Day Dreaming Window Lickers are a [bleep] hoot!

"Surprisingly",I see you's a leetle ascared to crunch contours and the like,with the rest of The Paper Hat Brigade and it's a shame...because you were all doing so "well".

Laffin'!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
For a barrel contour that works, all factors should be considered. Even when you are just combining parts to produce a custom rifle you have to take everything into account.
Primary is the desired use of the finished product. A real hunting rifle has to balance well, shoot well enough, and look like you want it to. A seven and a half pound rifle which is muzzle heavy and awkward will feel like a ten pounder and not a nice one at that.
If you are building with a lightweight stock, the barrel has to either be light or short. If you like all things short and stubby (no offence to any on this thread) a short thick barrel will work for you. If you want more barrel length, it has to be made lighter. In addition, where the weight is carried in the blank can make a big difference to the feel of the rifle.
In the end, I think it's best to establish what you want then have the gunsmith turn the barrel to fit within your design parameters. This within reason, of course. There are limits to what gunsmiths will do. Sometimes this is because they know better; othertimes, because they are obstinate! The thing is, you don't have to be stuck with the barrel maker's contours. Face it, some makers produce a great barrel but their contours are ugly. In addition, custom features are what makes a custom rifle. GD

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
A very wise man in this Thread mentioned plainly:

"I'd state that it's pretty [bleep] easy to ring the bell by forgetting numerical designators and stipulating otherwise,as in Mountain Rifle Contour,then denote a shank length in conjunction to inlet and balance/handling preferences,but that would be far toooooooooooo easy,make far toooooooooooo much sense and [bleep] your Pipe Dream all up."

Only fair to give the Do Nothing Dumbphucks all the slack on the rope they wish to handle and marvel at their innate ability to [bleep] easy schit up. Though in fairness,the only thing they shoot is their Imagination(s) and they are simply flapping their gums about wares that'll never transpire. It's called The 280Ackleyrized Syndrome and is a deeply rooted series of delusions,in which Pretend becomes "real" to the Window Licking Do Nothing Dumbphucks. Speaking of which,you's more than adept at talking out your azz,how'd the twist rate/pressure test chronicles go?!!? Laffin'!

There's been some veddy nice OEM blueprints literally Goat [bleep],due simply an increase in contour. Second Generation Ti's being a glaring example. I realize such things is over your heads and don't think for a [bleep] second,that ain't the funny part.

When talking light handles,of svelte dimensions...an MR-esque contour is always gonna ring the [bleep] bell. Wanna [bleep] it up?!!? Start cramming more contour in it. The last time 'Cub was gonna "get" a light handle,she botched the spelling of her Gunsmith and went on a wonderous journey of excuses. Which is also known as "par for the course".

[Linked Image]

A Mike Rock #7 turned down to dupe the OEM spout's contour.

[Linked Image]

Staying the theme.

[Linked Image]

As good as OEM gets. (If anybody has a line on another,lemme know,as I'd like a 4th)

[Linked Image]

On the flipside,the longest shank I drive is 24".

[Linked Image]

Always a gas,to allow The Paper Hat Brigade the bandwidth to really ring the bell.

Laffin'!

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
top to bottom Douglas #3,Lilja #2, Schneider #3, Hart # 2

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Kinda ironic isn't it Cub..
Squirrel Boy lives in one of the better Sitka Blacktail areas in north America and this last season comes up with a goose egg..
smirk

Last edited by Nrut; 02/09/13.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'tom,

Reality is a wee bit more intellesting,than Imagination...though admittedly,pretend is all that some have.

I hear good things about #1's.(PN)

[Linked Image]

#2's.(Shilen)

[Linked Image]

#3's(PN)

[Linked Image]

#4's(Krieger)

[Linked Image]

#5's(Hart)

[Linked Image]

#6's(Lilja)

[Linked Image]

#7's(Mike Rock)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/20110224-DAD_1874.jpg[/img]

MTU(Hart)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/PinkStinkTest.jpg[/img]

Got's me this hunch,that there's prolly some fill betwixt them designators to boot.

Nrut,

It'll be cool for you and 'Cub,if Canon unleashes their PCDSLR (Pretend Capturing Digital Single Lens Reflex).

LOVE your images!

Laffin'!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Well Cub at least he knows which barrel contour goes with which macmillian stock and that isn't to be slighted for sure..

Kinda like a woman who instinctively knows which pair of shoes goes with which purse for her Sunday go to meetin' ensemble ain't it?
You would think with the contour to stock knowledge that he has he would be able to tag out right off his porch...
laugh

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nrut,

Cat got your tongue or couch got your [bleep]? You Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumbphuckers are really doing "well". Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/20110223-DAD_1851.jpg[/img]

Lookin' forward to see where your Imagination takes you next,as you practice your Pretend.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Boxer,

Do you mind giving details on rifle number 4? Sako action? Barrel length and make? Weight?

Thanks

Dink

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
L61R chambered 338Ultra,PN #4 at 26",in the heaviest filled Sako Hunter I could get(sans adding lead in the barrel channel),wearing a 1" Decelerator. Thought was/is,to build a hammer that absorbs recoil...as noone HATES loudeners,more than I. Balance is superb,due stock weight,the Sako bottom metal and it's fairly cheatin',swattin' schit from the hind legs.

Stuffed,it's better than 9.5#.

You boys is purty hard on The Paper Hat Brigade. Perhaps they's having a Pow Wow and is collectively rechargin' their Imaginations,so as to take another stab at their Pretend?!!? Reality ain't for everyone and I look forward to the next installment of all the things they've nearly done,with all the wares they've nearly had and from all the places they've nearly been.

This schit is [bleep] hilarious!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
WOW! i read this whole thread because i also had questions on barrels for a buikd i want to do but i know hardly anything about how to go about it.

Boxer, you seem to know what your talking about. Too bad you come across like an irrogant [bleep] huh? its too bad you knowledge and help goes to waste cuz nobody wants to deal with ya. im a logger myself up here in maine. nice timber you got there.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I missed something.

"This duty fell upon me and was the worst job I ever had in my life.
I have known men I would rather shoot than the worst of dogs."

Frank Wild
Second in Command
Endurance 1914-1916
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
20ga,

I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and I realize that guessing,is the best that you can do. No need to preface your sheer and utter [bleep] cluelessness,as an intro to your Whine...as your Dumbphucktitude ain't a "secret".

You've been led to water and it do crack me up,that you's too [bleep] stupid to drink. All that you pointy headed Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumbphucks gotta do,is to take notes and apply same. Hilarious to me,that taking same from a silver [bleep] platter,is still too difficult for you [bleep] idiots.

Sugartitts a "Logger" in Maine is THE definition of an oxymoron. Frost that cake,by saying a little sumptin' about what your role is on your "High Ballin' Show" and don't be afeared to add pics,if only for the [bleep] laughs.

Holy [bleep] dog schit,just where in the [bleep] do you clueless dumbphucks come from?!!? I know,I know...you were born in Texas.

Bless your heart.

BUM,

She's doing the best she can,with what incredibly [bleep] little she has to work with.

Wow +P.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 300jimmy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 20 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,875
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.