-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 997 of 2,579 1 2 995 996 997 998 999 2578 2579
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He probably never saw two squirrels get into a brawl I reckon. Lot like the conflict resolution path popular in Chittcago these days, hey?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rman
Originally Posted by ingwe
domit: sorry- no real good answer for you. Some of the ideas I formed early on turned out to be not so good... whistle

If I had to single anmything out it was that I was raised by the Greatest Generation.

Dinosaurs and Cave Men were the Greatest Generation?

R.

-snork- laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by SLM
Any of you had a BL-22?

My son has some money burning a hole in his pocket and is wanting one.

No. Tell him to get a really good low wall walking rifle. He'll thank you later.

That sounds almost as sexy as some of the wimmenz posted here. Have you got a chambering suggestion?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Originally Posted by SLM
Elmer, where's the pics of the .222.

I will post them on Sunday....very sweet looking...definitely an impulse buy!

Lovin' it!

I may resign to support Tuner and his decision to put his papers in.

Sonofabitch!

Which deuce did you buy?

I did what Travis told me....Remington BDL Varmint Special. Cherry.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Noice,.......
I want it's leetle cuzzin. the Bearcat 'shopkeeper'...

http://www.lipseysguns.com/post/Ruger-Bearcat-Shopkeeper-Stainless-22-LR.aspx

I like it man!!!!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by geedubya

10/4
Perhaps I catch your drift........

This will date me, but I'm going on 62 years.

My grandfather was a barber. He was very proud of the fact that he was a non-union barber. Closed his shop on Wednesdays. Took me fishing on Wednesdays. Grew up sweeping floors in his shop. To a degree it was just as you described. It was in front of his house. My grandmother would make his lunch (and mine) put it in a wicker basket and bring it to him. He would see her approaching the door, stop what he was doing walk outside, take the basket. I don't recall her ever entering his barbershop. I was 26 when he gave me the last hair cut. Learned a lot there that has stood me in good stead over the years.

Best

GWB

Union Barbers? Really? Where was that?

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Noice,.......
I want it's leetle cuzzin. the Bearcat 'shopkeeper'...

http://www.lipseysguns.com/post/Ruger-Bearcat-Shopkeeper-Stainless-22-LR.aspx

I like it man!!!!

Yep, I want one too - almost as much as I want to help that poor girl that's falling out of her swimmin' pool.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by chesterpulley
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by SLM
Any of you had a BL-22?

No. Tell him to get a really good low wall walking rifle. He'll thank you later.

That sounds almost as sexy as some of the wimmenz posted here. Have you got a chambering suggestion?

7mm SAUM

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SLM
Any of you had a BL-22?

Got this for my youngest, say 16 years ago. It's a kick.

Best

GWB

[Linked Image]

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

10/4
Perhaps I catch your drift........

This will date me, but I'm going on 62 years.

My grandfather was a barber. He was very proud of the fact that he was a non-union barber. Closed his shop on Wednesdays. Took me fishing on Wednesdays. Grew up sweeping floors in his shop. To a degree it was just as you described. It was in front of his house. My grandmother would make his lunch (and mine) put it in a wicker basket and bring it to him. He would see her approaching the door, stop what he was doing walk outside, take the basket. I don't recall her ever entering his barbershop. I was 26 when he gave me the last hair cut. Learned a lot there that has stood me in good stead over the years.

Best

GWB

Union Barbers? Really? Where was that?

Where, Texas.

Most "barber" shops in Texas were union shops. Closed on Mondays.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Man I never heard of that....I live in New England where Unions are big and still never heard of it. I know pall bearers in NYC were unionized.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by SLM
Any of you had a BL-22?

Best

GWB

[Linked Image]

I am clueless...what is the critter?

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Man I never heard of that....I live in New England where Unions are big and still never heard of it. I know pall bearers in NYC were unionized.

I stand to be corrected, but he had an independent streak and was very proud of the fact that he was a "non union barber". Course the old man may have been shinin' me on. He loved to tell "tall tales".
I was about six when he told me about "smartem pills." Being somewhat precocious, I wanted to know about smartem pills. IIRC there were a couple old geezers there that just kinda smiled. He then proceeded to tell the story about the ol feller that was at his local hang out complaining about his lack of memory or something like that. Well the proprietor pulls out a matchbox with three or four "pills", shakes out a couple and hands them to the fellow that wanted to "smarten up". The guy pops them in his mouth and chaws a couple chomps, and spits the pills out and sez, man that tastes like rabbit [bleep]. The proprietor sez, "see, you're getting smarter already". At that age I thought that was pretty funny.

GWB

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by SLM
Any of you had a BL-22?

Best

GWB

[Linked Image]

I am clueless...what is the critter?

Ringtail cat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
otherwise known as a Cacomistle.....

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Ain't that the jungle version?

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Hunts', Gee', the kid said thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a pic of a marlin 1894m, win 94-17 and the cute little browning. He'll love it.....

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Took Border Doc coyote calling this morning and we shot nothing but B.S. smile Next time Border Doc.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I stand to be corrected, but he had an independent streak and was very proud of the fact that he was a "non union barber". Course the old man may have been shinin' me on. He loved to tell "tall tales".
I was about six when he told me about "smartem pills." Being somewhat precocious, I wanted to know about smartem pills. IIRC there were a couple old geezers there that just kinda smiled. He then proceeded to tell the story about the ol feller that was at his local hang out complaining about his lack of memory or something like that. Well the proprietor pulls out a matchbox with three or four "pills", shakes out a couple and hands them to the fellow that wanted to "smarten up". The guy pops them in his mouth and chaws a couple chomps, and spits the pills out and sez, man that tastes like rabbit [bleep]. The proprietor sez, "see, you're getting smarter already". At that age I thought that was pretty funny.

GWB

See, you can learn all kinds of interesting stuff in estrogen-free environments like old timey barbershops. I really feel sorry for those that missed out on a barbershop education.

Bill and Fred weren't just my barbers, they were my mentors in hunting and fishing, particularly turkey hunting (you might be suprised at how many the famous TV turkey hunters were barbers). Learned how to run a call there, and more importantly, when not to run a call.

Bill and Fred were also my co-conspirators in a plot to overcome the greatest injustice in my young life: maternal objection to my acquiring of a BB gun.

Even though I had managed to reach the advanced age of six, I was still unarmed, a totally unacceptable condition as far as I was concerned. Luckily for me, Bill and Fred concurred and started to champion my cause.

They helped me develop a series of logical arguments to chip away at my mother's opposition, and never failed in lobbying my dad vociferously on those rare occasions when he and I were in the shop together. I am pretty sure I would never gotten a BB gun before age ten if it had not been for their advocacy. Maternal opposition had whithered by my seventh birthday and I was finally a rifleman.

Thanks Bill and Fred, wherever you are, I'll never forget you. By the way, my mom will never forget you either. She says she is reminded of you two every time she sees that big chip in the picture window in her front room.....

ego operor non tutela
Page 997 of 2,579 1 2 995 996 997 998 999 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (22250rem, 1badf350, 260madman, 25aught6, 2500HD, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,947
Posts18,519,179
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.