Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I'm not a Rush fan at all, but the guy does have a great sense of humor:)

I doubt it was meant to be humerus; more of kick in the nuts. grin

If we're being technical about anatomy, I believe it was the scapula.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DeadBird
I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. Did I choose a good thread in which to do so?

That depends entirely on whether you are a big black fella on the run.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

FOX NEWS Report

BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. � The hunt for Christopher Dorner in the snow-covered San Bernardino Mountains is expected to resume at daybreak Saturday, when authorities hope clearer skies will allow airplanes to help them in their search.

Relentless snowfall on Friday grounded helicopters with heat-sensing technology and hampered their effort to find the former Los Angeles police officer suspected of going on a deadly rampage to get back at those he blamed for ending his career.

After they found his burned-out pickup truck near at this ski resort town Thursday afternoon, SWAT teams in camouflage started scouring the mountains, aware to the reality they could be walking into a trap set by the well-trained former Navy reservist who knows their tactics and strategies as well as they do.

"He can be behind every tree," said T. Gregory Hall, a retired tactical supervisor for a special emergency response team for the Pennsylvania State Police. "He can try to draw them into an ambush area where he backtracks."

As authorities weathered heavy snow and freezing temperatures in the mountains, thousands of heavily armed police remained on the lookout throughout California, Nevada, Arizona and northern Mexico for a suspect bent on revenge and willing to die.

Police said officers still were guarding more than 40 people mentioned as targets in a rant they said Dorner posted on Facebook. He vowed to use "every bit of small arms training, demolition, ordnance and survival training I've been given" to bring "warfare" to the LAPD and its families.

The manhunt had Southern California residents on edge. Unconfirmed sightings were reported near Barstow, about 60 miles north of the mountain search, and in downtown Los Angeles.

Some law enforcement officials said he appeared to be everywhere and nowhere, and speculated that he was trying to spread out their resources.

For the time being, their focus was on the mountains 80 miles east of Los Angeles -- a snowy wilderness, filled with thick forests and jagged peaks, that creates peril as much for Dorner as the officers hunting him.

The small army hunting him has the advantage of strength in numbers and access to resources, such as special weapons, to bring him in.

In his online rant, Dorner baited authorities.

"Any threat assessments you generate will be useless," it read. "I have the strength and benefits of being unpredictable, unconventional, and unforgiving."

Without the numbers that authorities have, Dorner holds one advantage: the element of surprise.

Authorities said they do not know how long Dorner had been planning the rampage or why he drove to the San Bernardino Mountains. Property records show his mother owns undeveloped land nearby, but a search of the area found no sign of him.

It was not clear if he had provisions, clothing or weapons stockpiled in the area. Even with training, days of cold and snow can be punishing.

"Unless he is an expert in living in the California mountains in this time of year, he is going to be hurting," said former Navy SEAL Clint Sparks, who now works in tactical training and security. "Cold is a huge stress factor. ... Not everybody is survivor-man."

Jamie Usera, an attorney in Salem, Ore., who befriended Dorner when they were students and football teammates at Southern Utah University, said he introduced him to the outdoors. Originally from Alaska, Usera said, he taught Dorner about hunting and other outdoor activities.

"Of all the people I hung out with in college, he is the last guy I would have expected to be in this kind of situation," Usera, who had lost touch with Dorner is recent years, told the Los Angeles Times.

Others saw Dorner differently. Court documents obtained by The Associated Press on Friday show an ex-girlfriend of Dorner's called him "severely emotionally and mentally disturbed" after the two split in 2006.

Dorner served in the Navy, earning a rifle marksman ribbon and pistol expert medal. He was assigned to a naval undersea warfare unit and various aviation training units, according to military records. He took leave from the LAPD for a six-month deployment to Bahrain in 2006 and 2007.

Last Friday was his last day with the Navy and also the day CNN's Anderson Cooper received a package that contained a note on it that read, in part, "I never lied." A coin riddled with bullet holes that former Chief William Bratton gave out as a souvenir was also in the package.

Police said it was a sign of planning by Dorner before the killing began.

On Sunday, police say Dorner shot and killed a couple in a parking garage at their condominium in Irvine. The woman was the daughter of a retired police captain who had represented Dorner in the disciplinary proceedings that led to his firing.

Dorner wrote in his manifesto that he believed the retired captain had represented the interests of the department over his.

Hours after authorities identified Dorner as a suspect in the double murder, police believe Dorner shot and grazed an LAPD officer in Corona and then used a rifle to ambush two Riverside police officers early Thursday, killing one and seriously wounding the other.

The incident led police to believe he was armed with multiple weapons, including an assault-type rifle. That detail concerned officers whose bullet-proof vests can be penetrated by such high-powered weapons, said LAPD Deputy Chief Kirk Albanese.

As a result, all LAPD officers have been required to work in pairs to ensure "a greater likelihood of coming out on top if there is an ambush," Albanese said. "We have no officers alone right now."

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Others saw Dorner differently. Court documents obtained by The Associated Press on Friday show an ex-girlfriend of Dorner's called him "severely emotionally and mentally disturbed" after the two split in 2006.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As was stated earlier...a perpetual victim. One can only imagine the [bleep] he stirred in the Navy. I'm sure he wrote his own ticket.
_____

Dorner had history of complaints against fellow LAPD officers

The fugitive ex-policeman Christopher Dorner, suspected of killing three people and injuring two, had a history of making complaints against fellow officers within the Los Angeles Police Department, and one officer said he had a reputation as a "hot head," according to internal affairs records.

Dorner was accused of punching a recruit in the chest while he was in the Police Academy in 2006. That recruit, Abraham Schefres, was wearing a bulletproof vest and a trauma plate, when Dorner allegedly punched him. After being hit, he glared at Dorner, whom Schefres said responded as though he had made a mistake, records show. Schefres said he believed that Dorner had not been trying to hurt him but that the punch was "more of a 'hello'" and to appear tough.

Schefres told an investigator that he "believed this was part of Dorner�s persona," records show. Schefres described Dorner as "a hot head" who would walk up to fellow recruits and "get in their faces in an aggressive" but joking way.

Dorner, 33, is wanted in connection with a double homicide in Irvine on Sunday and the shooting of three police officers, one fatally, in Riverside County on Thursday.

Authorities described him as armed and extremely dangerous, and alerts about him were issued across California and Nevada as federal, state and local authorities intensified their search.

Police say Dorner embarked on a campaign of deadly violence to exact revenge on those he blamed for his firing.

In 2006, Schefres was interviewed about the punching incident during an investigation into allegations that Dorner slapped the hand of another recruit officer, internal affairs records show. Dorner had accused that second recruit--as well as another recruit -- of using a racial slur while they were traveling in a police vehicle during their time in the academy.

The department confirmed Dorner�s slur allegation against one of the recruits but not the other, the records said. The agency concluded that Dorner's punch of Schefres did not rise to the level of misconduct.

By then, Dorner was serving a military deployment overseas for the Navy. He returned to the LAPD in the summer of 2007, and in August accused his training officer, Teresa Evans, of kicking a mentally ill man during an arrest in San Pedro.

Two months later, Dorner lodged another complaint against fellow cops, according to an LAPD complaint review report. Dorner said that after work on Oct. 10, 2007, he discovered that his jacket, on top of his duty bag, "was wet and dirty," according to the report.

He believed someone had urinated on it. Dorner testified at a disciplinary hearing that he believed that he had been singled out in retaliation for his complaint against Evans.

The department found no misconduct involving Dorner�s jacket. An analysis of the clothing showed no sign of urine.

Meanwhile, an internal affairs investigation into Dorner�s accusations against Evans concluded that the training officer had not kicked the mentally ill man and that Dorner�s statements were false. Dorner was notified he was to be fired.

During an LAPD Board of Rights hearing into the case, Sgt. Sherrielyn Anderson argued that Dorner "lacks the integrity necessary" to be a cop and "should receive the harshest penalty for violating the trust of his peers, his department and the public he was sworn to serve," according to a transcript of the hearing.

The board rejected suggestions that Dorner might be given additional training instead of being dismissed, noting that he had received extensive training already.

Capt. Phillip C. Tingirides, the board�s chairman, announced that he would be fired, saying Dorner�s "credibility is damaged beyond repair."

Dorner was dismayed upon learning the board found him guilty of making false statements, according to the transcript. "I don�t understand that you guys came to guilty," Dorner blurted out in the hearing room. "I told the truth. I don�t understand how � I told the truth. How can this happen?"

His attorney, Randal K. Quan, asked whether he wanted to say anything before the board decided his fate. "I told the truth," Dorner repeated, according to the transcript.

In an online manifesto that authorities said was published on what they believe is Dorner�s Facebook page, Dorner complained that Quan and others did not fairly represent him at the review hearing.

"Your lack of ethics and conspiring to wrong a just individual are over," the manifesto said. "Suppressing the truth will lead to deadly consequences for you and your family. There will be an element of surprise where you work, eat and sleep."

Quan�s daughter, Monica Quan, a Cal State Fullerton assistant basketball coach, and her fiance, Keith Lawrence, were found dead Sunday in Irvine. Irvine police on Wednesday named Dorner as the suspect.

Those killings set off a violent rampage, culminating in the shooting of three police officers early Thursday, one fatally, police said. Authorities continue to search for him.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by fish head
OPEN FIRE !!! laugh

[Linked Image]

I laughed so hard my wife had to come see what all the fuss was about.

"open fire!",.....lolol,...

Definitely the dark side of the moon. The first ho, I mean lady on a motorcycle ride.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think his entire letter to the police chief is worth a read...

made me think and wonder on how many folks are really out there who are just fed up with the way things are going in our society and are just ready and waiting to go off the deep end...

This Guy in CA, must have something on the ball, being a former Police Explorer ( BSA ) in High School... a college grad, a Naval Reserve Officer....

even with some liberal left leanings, seems his stand against some of the corruption in the LA PD ( which has been famous for for decades) has some viable points...

he's been pushed enough, that his switch has been flipped...

how many more "grenades" are out there with the pin pulled and someone barely holding onto their retaining clip...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Seafire

made me think and wonder on how many folks are really out there who are just fed up with the way things are going in our society and are just ready and waiting to go off the deep end...

This Guy in CA, must have something on the ball, being a former Police Explorer ( BSA ) in High School... a college grad, a Naval Reserve Officer....

even with some liberal left leanings, seems his stand against some of the corruption in the LA PD ( which has been famous for for decades) has some viable points...

how many more "grenades" are out there with the pin pulled and someone barely holding onto their retaining clip...
Point well taken.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

made me think and wonder on how many folks are really out there who are just f....

Agreed good point. NOt saying its right or wrong.

Recall the movie "falling down"?

Again, excusing nothing, but there is only so much any man can take. Ones perception of events is the reality for them. Expect more "snapping", and I expect the liberal leaning mediagovpotus will slather it up.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They guy vows that is going to extract his revenge by killing those he feels aggrieved him and their families. His already started by killing Monica Quan and her fiance Keith Lawrence.

He's not just nuts. He's evil.

Carpe' Scrotum
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I think he's dead.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I think he's somewhere warm laughing his azz off at those looking for a red herring in a blizzard.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
No way he's in a place where anyone could see him.

William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Lotsa places he could blend in perfectly. I don't think he's in Utah... whistle

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

agreed. well said.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RISJR
I think he's dead.
Interesting. Why?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
This guy is gone, and won't show up again until he can strike at one of his planed hits... in the mean time he is enjoying tying up so much of the states resources... just providing 24 hour around the clock protection for those 40 people he mentioned and their families... and they have to be scared beyond belief knowing that he is perfectly willing to take out family members as part of his revenge.

Phil

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Greyghost
This guy is gone, and won't show up again until he can strike at one of his planed hits... in the mean time he is enjoying tying up so much of the states resources... just providing 24 hour around the clock protection for those 40 people he mentioned and their families... and they have to be scared beyond belief knowing that he is perfectly willing to take out family members as part of his revenge.

Phil
I think you are correct.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Lotsa places he could blend in perfectly. I don't think he's in Utah... whistle

He could put on a Dallas Cowboys jacket and hat and walk down the street signing autographs.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 28 of 41 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.