Print Thread
Hop To
J
javman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Just got a Rem 141 in .35 and took it out to the ranch today. Took my first shot at 25yds to check point of impact and it hit about 2.5 inches high, next shot at 100yds and hit the 12" iron plate, next shot my buddy took a shot at 100yds and hit the gong also, he shot next at 175yds and hit a 12" stone, after that shot he said take a shot at 200yds and hit the 12" gong dead smack center, all this was done with an open sight! Checked the year of manufacture and it falls between 1936-1937. My friend was so impressed now he is wanting one LOL.

javman

MAGA! This is the way!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I shot a few deer a couple seasons ago with a 35 Rem 336C and it did the job fine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Neat old rifles, 'bout the only pump gun I like in fact. That spiral on the magzine tube for the pump is pretty neat.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mako25
Neat old rifles, 'bout the only pump gun I like in fact. That spiral on the magzine tube for the pump is pretty neat.

The spiral magazine tube allows you to shot pointed bullets in the model 14 and 141 remington pumps. wink

My father has a model 14 that was made around 1918 and it will shoot 2" groups all day long with a straight 4x scope. grin

I dearly wish remington would make that style pump gun again. It is by far the slimmest gun in it's class and with CNC equipment, it shouldn't be hard to make.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dmsbandit

The spiral magazine tube allows you to shot pointed bullets in the model 14 and 141 remington pumps. winkMy father has a model 14 that was made around 1918 and it will shoot 2" groups all day long with a straight 4x scope. grin

I dearly wish remington would make that style pump gun again. It is by far the slimmest gun in it's class and with CNC equipment, it shouldn't be hard to make.

This is the first time I've ever heard this. Can you elaborate, I might have to load a few up for my uncles guns... could be fun! If the Amish assault rifles they carry could put 3in an inch I might have to pick one up just for fun.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pa_gus

The spiral magazine tube allows you to shot pointed bullets in the model 14 and 141 remington pumps. winkMy father has a model 14 that was made around 1918 and it will shoot 2" groups all day long with a straight 4x scope. grin

This is the first time I've ever heard this. Can you elaborate, I might have to load a few up for my uncles guns... could be fun! If the Amish assault rifles they carry could put 3in an inch I might have to pick one up just for fun.

The spirals make the cartridges cant slightly in the tube and thus the points are resting on the rim of the case, and not the primer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
wow!Thanks, you learn something new everyday! Some pointy bullets and newer powder might make the old 35 Rem a better option. At least it will be fun to play with. I'm sure I can get them a little hotter then the old greenbox, off the top of my head, I just don't want to get them to hot for the action.

Last edited by pa_gus; 02/11/13.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've got one of these in the safe that belongs to a buddy. It was his grandfather's gun and he doesn't have a safe. If he doesn't care, I think I might get it out and try it on some hogs during the off season.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dmsbandit is exactly right. The spiral cuts in the tube offset the cartridges allowing for the use of pointy bullets. I've used the model 14 and model 141.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IMO, the model 14 is one of the best looking deer/bear guns ever designed. That gun just oozzes class and old time hunting tradition.

You can picture a trapper in Canada or Alaska carrying it in his hand with a birchbark packbasket on his back, as he slips thru the woods in search of a meal while checking his trap line.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IMO, the model 14 is one of the best looking deer/bear guns ever designed. That gun just oozzes class and old time hunting tradition.

You can picture a trapper in Canada or Alaska carrying it in his hand with a birchbark packbasket on his back, as he slips thru the woods in search of a meal while checking his trap line.

Indeed. The model 14 carbine my wife and son used to use (belonged to a relative) was one of the coolest rifles imaginable. It did conjure up those days of yore for me when I held it in my hands.

J
javman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
[Linked Image]

Pic of my 200yd open sight shot with Rem 141 .35Rem

MAGA! This is the way!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
A friend has one in 30 Remington that I would give my eye teeth to have. It shoots right there with a good bolt gun. I am amazed evey time he brings it to the range.

I will hunt everywhere before I die!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Great shooting! I have a 141 in .35 Remington that will keep 3 shots touching off the bench with just about any factory stuff I put in it. I have a Redfield 1 3/4-5X widefield on it - great PA whitetail/bear rig! In fact I like the 141 so much that I have a Model 14 1/2 in .38-40, a Model 25 Carbine in .25-20 (this is one of my favorite guns and I can imagine trappers REALLY liked this one!), and a Model 12 in .22LR. All of them are very accurate in fact the .38-40 is suprisingly accurate with opens (and my eyes!!).

Last edited by PennDog; 02/15/13.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a m25 carbine also that is a really fun little gun, and a m121 .22lr. Neat guns.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Javier, Enjoyed the photo and the story on your 141 in 35 Remington. One of my favorite rounds, having one in a 336 Marlin ,Remington Model 8 and a 141. Lord, I need to borrow your eyes or get some glasses.That`s pretty good shooting with iron sights. Still enjoying the 96 swede 257 Bob I got from you. Have taken 2 coyotes and a couple feral dogs running after the deer.Liked it so much I bought a custom 48Yugo from 257Heaven and a 54 Winchester from 1up5down,both Bobs.Having fun at the range seeing which one shoots the tightest group.So far the little Swede is coming out ahead.You didn`t exagerate when you said it was a shooter.
Joe

"......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
here's couple pics of brother Bill's mod 14 in 30 rem he cut down to carbine size and installed a saddle ring we call it Dr. Death!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

J
javman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by joes64gto
Javier, Enjoyed the photo and the story on your 141 in 35 Remington. One of my favorite rounds, having one in a 336 Marlin ,Remington Model 8 and a 141. Lord, I need to borrow your eyes or get some glasses.That`s pretty good shooting with iron sights. Still enjoying the 96 swede 257 Bob I got from you. Have taken 2 coyotes and a couple feral dogs running after the deer.Liked it so much I bought a custom 48Yugo from 257Heaven and a 54 Winchester from 1up5down,both Bobs.Having fun at the range seeing which one shoots the tightest group.So far the little Swede is coming out ahead.You didn`t exagerate when you said it was a shooter.
Joe

Hey Joe,

How's it going? Glad to hear that you are enjoying the Bob. I found myself grabbing the 141 more often when I went shooting. Going to try it out here in a bit on some axis deer at the ranch. Started another build on a swede and so far so good, hope it comes out as good as the bob laugh

Javier

MAGA! This is the way!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

351 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 43 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,445
Posts18,528,751
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.