Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sorry about your loss, it sucks big time.

I had the same thing happen several years ago, I lost 18 rifles and shotguns and none have been found......

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For reader information purposes, how much security was breached to pull off the theft?

Last edited by 1minute; 02/12/13.

1Minute
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
It gives me the "sick to my stomach" feeling when I even read about someone else's guns being stolen so I can't imagine what it would be like if they were mine!

I wish you luck in their recovery. With some of them being unique that may help.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jwall
Wow man, I'm so sorry.

It BURNS me up for (?)people(?) to be so lazy and self centered that they WILL NOT work but will steal from those of who do.

BEST of LUCK getting YOUR property back.

Jerry

I couldn't agree more Jerry.

The bastards deserve to be hanged. I hate thieves.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh I am so sorry to hear about this Bill!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A few years ago, I had 2 handguns stolen, a Browning Challenger .22, and a small .22.

I had them in a chest of drawers, and was moving to another house. One of the three movers was responsible. What with unpacking, storing and all, it was 6 months later until I noticed they were gone.

During that period, I could not find the serial numbers, so I did not report it.

After I found the serial numbers, I contacted the moving company, and got all three of the worker's names. They did not work there any longer, and I was unable to find them.

Since I knew the serial numbers, I made a police report, or tried to. I first reported them as stolen in the city I was moving from. The police would not take the report. They said I would have to make the report in the city I moved to. No luck there. I was told to go back to the city they were stolen from.

Since I had already done that, I didn't see any reason to go back, so I went to a city that the truck passed through on the way to my new house. Was told I needed to contact the police in the city where they were stolen, or the city they were to be transported to.

Since the truck went through 3 different cities, I did not know exactly where they were stolen. I think I was right to go to the city of my residence to begin with, which I did about 3 times, with the same result.

I had the serial numbers, the name of the moving company, and the driver of the trucks name, along with his two helpers. I gave this information to the police and they would not even take a report, or try to find the people in the moving truck.

This was all during the time limit for the statute of limitations for stolen firearms, I think 7 years.

Those guns have never been reported stolen by me, although I tried in three cities and 2 counties. If those handguns ever show up at a crime scene, with no stolen report on them, they can be traced back to me.

Since I cannot prove that they were stolen from me, nor can I prove that I tried to report them stolen, the police are going to come looking for me.

I would like to go to a police department and see if they would do a check on all firearms they confiscated, to find out if these two were ever found, but the police won't even do that.

The local police will not look for the thieves, even though I gave them the thieves names, but if they trace the guns back to me, they will not hesitate to take me to jail.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
with 80% of our county sheriff's office laid off, courtesy of cuts in federal funding, our local drug using bums have been having a field day with break ins...

just looking for stuff to hock, for more meth money, cigarettes and booze...

hope the SOBs that steal like this turn into coyote feces in short order...

another example of perps having more rights than victims in today's modern liberal leftist politically correct world..

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ColKlink

I couldn't agree more Jerry.

The bastards deserve to be hanged. I hate thieves.

I can tolerate a drunk (unless he steals to drink) much easier than a XXX XXXX thief.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bill,

So sorry to hear about the robbery. I'll certainly keep an eye out down in the Sierra Vista area.

TT

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtmisfit
Originally Posted by sir_springer
Sorry to read about this.

Some years back I bought myself a Liberty safe, in part because of safe storage laws up here, but also to hopefully avoid such scenarios. Have to say, certainly cuts down on worry, especially when away for extended periods.

One of my friends' uncle was killed in a hold up. During the funeral his house was broken into and all the contents stolen from his safe. They cut the top off the safe, opened it up like a can of ham was the comment. They knew what they were doing and had the time to do it.

The safe is just 1 layer of protection.

That's not very reassuring...??? Was it a real safe, or one of the cheaper, basically tin models? This Liberty weighs about 300 to 400 lbs...and is a total bitch to move! Short of a cutting torch, can't imagine how anyone could get into it!

???

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

That's not very reassuring...??? Was it a real safe, or one of the cheaper, basically tin models? This Liberty weighs about 300 to 400 lbs...and is a total bitch to move! Short of a cutting torch, can't imagine how anyone could get into it!

???

Do a search on youtube and see how easy safes are to compromise.

A 300 - 400# safe, that isn't bolted down, can easily be moved by one person with a cheap hand truck from Harbor Freight.

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Well, since this happened in the tucson area, one would almost have to think either pawned, sold privately, or they already are in mexico.
Not much consolation.
As to the Wells rifle that hurts having personally known him, rachel, and their son homer.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtnfisher

???

Do a search on youtube and see how easy safes are to compromise.

A 300 - 400# safe, that isn't bolted down, can easily be moved by one person with a cheap hand truck from Harbor Freight.

Uugh! That's depressing... :-(

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Oh man, I am really sorry to hear of the theft. I sure hope they catch the SOB's.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtmisfit
Sorry to read about this.

Some years back I bought myself a Liberty safe, in part because of safe storage laws up here, but also to hopefully avoid such scenarios. Have to say, certainly cuts down on worry, especially when away for extended periods.

One of my friends' uncle was killed in a hold up. During the funeral his house was broken into and all the contents stolen from his safe. They cut the top off the safe, opened it up like a can of ham was the comment. They knew what they were doing and had the time to do it.

The safe is just 1 layer of protection.

???

The safe weighed about 1100 pounds empty. They drilled a hole near the top and used a power shear to cut the top off the safe. Never even touched the door of the safe. They came equipped with the tools to open that safe.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
"The safe weighed about 1100 pounds empty. They drilled a hole near the top and used a power shear to cut the top off the safe. Never even touched the door of the safe. They came equipped with the tools to open that safe."

In other words, the thieves knew there was a safe and what was in it. They came prepared.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 73 invisible), 16,136 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,184
Posts18,543,263
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.