Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Been on here for years and never got screwed before. Until now. Bought a Weaver V9 from him. It is fogged real bad. He says the ad says it was fogged. His reply to me returning it.

I put right in the description it is not clear, and i showed in a picture. I am not accepting a return on it. The last picture of the post show is is not clear. You got it at a cheap price due to this reason. This scope in a mint condition scenario is worth 150+....Send it to iron sighters they will fix it up for you to your liking.

Here is the 'exact' ad. Tell me if you can read that this as a bad scope.

Originally Posted by theduke308
This scope is in great shape cosmetically and mechanically. It is a Weaver V9-IIW USA. Duplex crosshairs. Not as clear as today's scopes but not horrible either. Nice looking outer glass. Adjustable objective 50 yards to 1000 yards. No rust or dents, no pitting. Nice dark bluing.....$110 tyd or best offer...paypal gift or usps money order
Would also trade for a few 30 or 20 round PMAGS

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see no mention of fogged optics! If stating not as clear as todays optics means its fogged then it seems to me you were mislead. I wish you luck.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Jeff having dealt with you on sales and just chatting on the phone I know you are not one to put up something like this unless it was absolutely true. No mention of the scope being fogged in that post. Sorry to see you get bit like this.

theduke308 just fooked himself on this site!!!

Maybe we need a thread or a sticky for sales like this !!!

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If someone I dealt with felt I misstated the condition of an item I would take it back and refund his money.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The ad dosent say it was fogged, it says not as clear as todays scopes, when you say fogged do you mean fogged with condensation, water vapor, if so he should take it back because that wasent stated in the ad

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I wouldn't have expected a fogged up scope after reading the ad. RAS is one of the good guys on here. Gods luck to you.
hwgtyd

Ready, Fire, Aim
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It does say "Not as clear as today's scopes but not horrible either". I dont know the guy but just had a dealing with him and was as smooth as silk, super fast shipping on top of that.

Lifetime Christian

NRA Lifetime Member

Had rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Your 9mm should expand but my 45 wont shrink.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I sold a gun to both RAS and Duke and no trouble either way. Lots of communication from the duke.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RAS
Been on here for years and never got screwed before. Until now. Bought a Weaver V9 from him. It is fogged real bad. He says the ad says it was fogged. His reply to me returning it.

I put right in the description it is not clear, and i showed in a picture. I am not accepting a return on it. The last picture of the post show is is not clear. You got it at a cheap price due to this reason. This scope in a mint condition scenario is worth 150+....Send it to iron sighters they will fix it up for you to your liking.

Here is the 'exact' ad. Tell me if you can read that this as a bad scope.

Originally Posted by theduke308
This scope is in great shape cosmetically and mechanically. It is a Weaver V9-IIW USA. Duplex crosshairs. Not as clear as today's scopes but not horrible either. Nice looking outer glass. Adjustable objective 50 yards to 1000 yards. No rust or dents, no pitting. Nice dark bluing.....$110 tyd or best offer...paypal gift or usps money order
Would also trade for a few 30 or 20 round PMAGS

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sounds like he ought to go to work writing political ads for Democraps! Phugging liar better make it right!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Look at the last picture guys...come on.. wow

I lowered my price for you to buy it from 110 to 95 dollars, you can clearly see the picture and I said it was not as clear as today's optics, which it is not.... And I misrepresented??? A misrepresentation would not have included a picture looking through the scope my friend. I do not give refunds for buyers remorse...look closely at my pictures before you buy my items and there will never be any problems.

Last edited by theduke308; 02/12/13.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Geez, my online reputation is certainly worth more than a rifle scope. Frankly I can't believe the guy won't refund the money even if he feels it was full disclosure and just a difference of opinion in wording.

I don't expect everybody to deal the way I do; but, my policy has always been, even if the guy gets the item and then tells me he changed his mind, I take it back. He/she just pays for shipping. It's just not worth it. Take it back, re-list it, honestly.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
"Not as clear as today's scopes but not horrible either. Nice looking outer glass."

I think it would have been much "clearer" to simply state in the ad that: "The scope is fogged."

It's hard to tell from a picture, over the 'net, taken in the way that one was, if it was really fogged or just glare or reflection.

Just an outside opinion, not bashing, but from reading the ad, I would not have expected the scope to be fogged when it arrived...but the seller may have intended to show and explain that it was. Hope you guys can get it worked out.

Edited to say good for making the return offer...

Last edited by JCMCUBIC; 02/12/13. Reason: Good show on return offer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey listen, not to hijack, but I will sidetrack slightly. We've seen a few Weaver stories lately, foggy, fuzzy crosshairs (dust inside). I'm the big "Buy a Leupold" guy. I realize there are reasons to want a vintage scope for appearances, but these kinds of problems are not isolated incidences. They must not even be gas filled because the advice for fuzzy Weaver crosshairs is to take them apart and blow the dust off. I think you get what you pay for with $100 scopes. Anyhow, doesn't sound like Jeff got what he was expecting.

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/12/13.

LOL
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
$0.02 here...
Seems like if'n you weren't happy with the deal, he should take it back with a refund. Shipping costs both ways would probably be responsibility of the individuals shipping it out.
I don't see in the add where he said it was fogged up.
"Not as clear as today's scopes but not horrible either" doesn't say its fogged. It basically means to me that the new scopes are better quality, not that this one is defective.
I think he should buy it back...shipping might be negotiated.
Doesn't sound like a honest deal to me, sounds like someone wanted to get rid of a bummer scope.

re

Beware the man with one gun, for he likely knows how to use it...
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
"Not as clear as today's scopes but not horrible either. Nice looking outer glass."

I think it would have been much "clearer" to simply state in the ad that: "The scope is fogged."

It's hard to tell from a picture, over the 'net, taken in the way that one was, if it was really fogged or just glare or reflection.

Just an outside opinion, not bashing, but from reading the ad, I would not have expected the scope to be fogged when it arrived...but the seller may have intended to show and explain that it was. Hope you guys can get it worked out.

Edited to say good for making the return offer...

Opps! Looks like the return offer was removed. Oh well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will take it to a PM with the original buyer, I am not arguing with someone over the public forum about something that is a personal matter... I bet you dont find anyone else that I have sold to on here that thinks I ripped them off, and this is not the case here either. The picture clearly and accurately shows the scope. I never misrepresent items. I lowered the price for him and he still has a beef about it?? Very classy in my opinion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs
Jeff having dealt with you on sales and just chatting on the phone I know you are not one to put up something like this unless it was absolutely true. No mention of the scope being fogged in that post. Sorry to see you get bit like this.

theduke308 just fooked himself on this site!!!

Maybe we need a thread or a sticky for sales like this !!!

There's no better or more honest member here than RAS. The seller is here just for commercial purposes, and that's why I didn't do any more deals with him.

The scope was "clearly" misrepresented.

The seller has effectively screwed himself at this site, just like he screwed RAS.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
110 bucks for the bottom of a Milk Jug is still 110 bucks for the bottom of a Milk Jug.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And I did offer via a PM to take it back since he wants to make a major public spectacle about his and my difference in opinion, and apparently computer monitor resolution.

By the way, you cant see through a foggy scope, this one was very much see through-able, just that it was not as clear as other scopes I have. I have yet to see a 40 year old weaver that was as clear as a Leupold, bushnell or even a Tasco...

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Tag ,for future reference

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,471
Posts18,529,359
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.