Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
So sorry to hear that. They become part of the family the moment we take them home. I just had to put mine down last week. I feel your pain. She is pain free in a better place waiting for you.

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not much better than a good dog

not much worse than losing one

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Tough when they go and all the best to you and your family. Goldens are such loving dogs and yours did well at 11 you have tons of memories and pictures.

It took a few months after ours had to be put down due to cancer before we realized we were a dog forever family and we brought a new pup in. Take your time and keep the memories fresh.

Hugh
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RIP Ginger and may your family find peace.

Dogs - we all hate what these threads hold, and we all open them and reply, because some day it'll be our turn and God knows how hard it is to loose something as special as a good dog. She looks a nice old girl and loved her family. Sorry for your loss.

Last edited by sandcritter; 02/15/13.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Once again guys, thanks so much for the nice comments. The Fire always has a way of making ya feel a little better. Ryan

IC B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Hate losing a pet.
Best wishes!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
I hate these threads. Had to start one myself not too awful long ago.

The world is full of good dogs, when you are ready, go make a good life for another one....
I was just thinking about Ingwedog today. 'Never even met the mutt, but still think about him every once in a while.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sorry to hear about your family loss . My condolences

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Thanks again guys. At this point, we feel we dont want another. I'm sure that will pass as we are a dog loving family, escpecially goldens. They are such a sweet breed. Ginger used to sleep in me and my wifes bed every night. My daughter was born and the first night we brought her home, Ginger slept right at her crib side. She stayed with my daughter every night since. Ginger loved her so much and we loved her right back. Such a loyal dog. Ryan

Black lab, simular story, 17 years. Put her down myself, cried like a little girl, and still do. Four years ago. Sorry.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
DANG, sorry for your loss, they leave a big ol hole in our heart when they go to Rainbow Bridge.

Rainbow Bridge
(Author unknown)
Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that
has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are
meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is
plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who
were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our
dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small
thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and
looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver.
Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You
have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in
joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your
hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so
long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. Then you cross the Rainbow
Bridge together...

Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you..
I loved you so---'twas Heaven here with you."
These threads never have closure until I see Terry put up The Rainbow Bridge. Thanks again sir.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
RIP......Good Girl

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry for your loss.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gunchamp
We lost our dog, Ginger today. She had cancer and was getting bad. We had to have her put to rest.

It's one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make...(several times) & it never gets any easier. The absolute best thing you can do is to get another pup (better yet, get TWO) & give them as good a home as Ginger...I know you're thinking "no way"...but about a year after I had to put "Bear" down cry (The dog in my avatar) I drove past a place out in the country in my big rig (on my way to a delivery) that had a sign out front claiming to have Jack Russel puppies for sale...I figured I'd stop by for a "look see" on my way back, without any real intention of getting another dog... grin Long story short... I now have three Jack Russells & have adopted an old female lab...Don't let your emotions get the better of you...get a couple pups & give em a good home...you'll be rewarded several times over for setting your emotions/broken heart aside...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Oh yeah...even if the pups pee in the bed a couple times...don't hold it against them...they'll learn... grin

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Condolences, Ryan. That kind of loss always hurts, but the memories will last and see your family through.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Condolences, Ryan. That kind of loss always hurts, but the memories will last and see your family through.

My fondest memories of Bear were from when he was a pup (9 months or so)...he ate the breast meat off two speckle bellies ...When I turned around in the jeep & yelled at him...WTF ARE YOU DOING??? he just kind of smiled & started beating his tail...What's not to love???

Throughout my life, I've had English pointers, German Shorthairs, Vislas, A few Labs, a Chesapeake & my current JRT's...If all my dogs died tomorrow, I'd be out tomorrow looking for more...they will assimilate into your family quicker than another human being or any other animal...they will be there for you at your darkest moments with no wants/expectations other than the love they give, they would like in return...they don't "demand" anything... Dogs ARE MANS BEST FRIEND Go look for another or TWO They won't diminish your feelings for your lost friend,
(nothing will ever be able to detract from that...)

ADP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry for your loss. I know exactly where you and your family are at right now. I always had plenty of dogs growing up but something always seemed to happen to them (one got into tobacco poison, many were ran over on the highway, mom ran over one accidently). I never could seem to keep one for a long period even though I took very good care of them. Then came Drake, a black lab puppy I got one year around Christmas that Dad and I picked out and paid $300 to bring home. He has been all that I could ask for in a dog, he never retrieved much but was the best companion you could ask for. He's 12 now and has cancer, I can look at him and tell that it won't be long. It never gets any easier but there will be a time when you'll feel right about getting another puppy. And we'll all meet again someday when our time comes.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Thank you Leighton. I really appreciate it. Thank you to everyone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RIP Ginger. Sorry about your dog.

Quando Omni Moritati
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

322 members (240NMC, 12344mag, 22magnut, 10ring1, 160user, 06hunter59, 33 invisible), 1,286 guests, and 970 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,849
Posts18,517,521
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.