-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My first thoughts on reading the title were: carbide? bushing? full-length? neck? trim? seating?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Ken, you ba$$hole! laugh

When I saw the poster was Ken Howell, I thought "that's odd" but maybe you had given permission for someone to use your name in order to notify all your "buds" on the 'Fire.

My NEXT thought was "there goes the speling :), grammar and punctuation on the Campfire." laugh

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You are prohibited from leaving this world until I have the next chapter and we have a lengthy discussion, face to face on the subject!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Weird schit..........

and just keeps getting more.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by rrroae
Don't really care for posts like this. Even if meant in fun.

The antidote is learnin' early to laugh � or at least grin � at the things thatcha'd otherwise cry about. Makes life gobs easier to put-up with.

Ken, we all know when your time comes, you'll be on the "A train" to the pearly gates.

In anticipation of that day, some of us chipped in for new luggage.
[Linked Image]

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Barkoff
NOTED QUEMADO AUTHOR PASSES AWAY

QUEMADO February 15 � Ken Howell, 82, noted local author and raconteur, died of apparent natural causes at his Quemado residence Wednesday night, apparently peacefully in his sleep during the night, according to Quemado Police Department media representative Edithe Fantasia-Ephemera. No investigation is planned, according to Fantasia-Ephemera. Preliminary examination of Howell�s residence has revealed no suicide note and no evidence of drug abuse or foul play, Fantasia-Ephemera said.

Howell was transported by Quemado Fire Department ambulance to Quemado Regional Medical Center emergency room Thursday morning, where he was pronounced dead on arrival (DOA). Coroner�s spokesman Dr Mudd E Noggin informed the Myth-Legend that preliminary examination revealed no apparent indication of foul play. No autopsy is planned, Noggin said. Howell had been suffering from general physical decline for several years, according to Quemado Regional Medical Center spokespersons who spoke on condition of anonymity. Neighbors said that Howell always appeared in good spirits, with a ready smile and entertaining stories for his many visitors.

Howell was internationally renowned as the author of several books on a wide variety of technical subjects and an internationally respected technical and forensic expert on firearms.

Howell was the subject of a lengthy Myth-Legend interview and article in January, 2012, on the subject of his controversial analysis of �The Intricate Simplicities in the English Translations of the New Testament.�

Howell�s body was discovered by utilities repairmen who declined to be interviewed and requested anonymity.

Just got a new word-processor and have been having fun with a bit of throw-away blarney. (Just a little bit o' nil to add a tad of sparkle to a dull day!)

Thought that maybe a few at the 'fire might like to play with this, too.

Have a ball, y'all! laugh

Jesus, you're warped.

The cable guys declined an interview? Wow. Usually they do 60 minutes, at least. Holding out for the highest bidder for an exclusive, no doubt. I can see it making national news: 'Jimmy and Praneeth, Veteran Cable Guys, Find a Dead Guy: the Real, Shocking Truth'.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by wageslave
Weird schit..........

and just keeps getting more.

Yep.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to see first reports were exagerated.

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You bastid, Ken! I'm just trying to figure how you thought we'd believe you were only 82 at the time of death!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ken, being a relative newbie here I hope to be amused and educated by your musings and anecdotes for many more years before that headline becomes real. However I have worked all night and upon opening the forum and seeing that headline. My initial thoughts were. DAMN. God speed and good health prayers to you,
John

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does this mean none of his guns are up for sale?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RJY66
Don't do that again dammit! laugh

I second that!! Don't do that again dammit!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

Just the little boy who cried Wolf!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Longing for home?

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Not funny

Just found out a good friend who moved away passed away from cancer last week, and he didn't tell anyone but his wife until I got a goodbye email he typed up before he passed, and his wife sent now after he passed.

Guess I'm just not in the mood for this stuff right now

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
that obit was so incomplete it wasn't even funny. no mention of where the body would be interred, or put up in a tree for the birds have a sample, or cremated, or put in a boat out to sea.

they just don't make obits like they use to before everything came from china.

seriously, Ken very funny. when i saw the author of the tread was you, i knew we were fixin' to be had.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
eek shocked frown ...... grin

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mr.Ken,PLEASE DON"T PLAY AROUND LIKE THAT...OK? eek

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NOTED QUEMADO AUTHOR PASSES AWAY

QUEMADO February 15 � Ken Howell, 82, noted local author and raconteur, died of apparent natural causes at his Quemado residence Wednesday night, apparently peacefully in his sleep during the night, according to Quemado Police Department media representative Edithe Fantasia-Ephemera. No investigation is planned, according to Fantasia-Ephemera. Preliminary examination of Howell�s residence has revealed no suicide note and no evidence of drug abuse or foul play, Fantasia-Ephemera said.

Howell was transported by Quemado Fire Department ambulance to Quemado Regional Medical Center emergency room Thursday morning, where he was pronounced dead on arrival (DOA). Coroner�s spokesman Dr Mudd E Noggin informed the Myth-Legend that preliminary examination revealed no apparent indication of foul play. No autopsy is planned, Noggin said. Howell had been suffering from general physical decline for several years, according to Quemado Regional Medical Center spokespersons who spoke on condition of anonymity. Neighbors said that Howell always appeared in good spirits, with a ready smile and entertaining stories for his many visitors.

Howell was internationally renowned as the author of several books on a wide variety of technical subjects and an internationally respected technical and forensic expert on firearms.

Howell was the subject of a lengthy Myth-Legend interview and article in January, 2012, on the subject of his controversial analysis of �The Intricate Simplicities in the English Translations of the New Testament.�

Howell�s body was discovered by utilities repairmen who declined to be interviewed and requested anonymity.

Just got a new word-processor and have been having fun with a bit of throw-away blarney. (Just a little bit o' nil to add a tad of sparkle to a dull day!)

Thought that maybe a few at the 'fire might like to play with this, too.

Have a ball, y'all! laugh

Ken... really.... really...please don't play like that.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Guys, think about it. If Ken were gone then who would have cut and pasted a news article on his log in? smile

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (16gage, 1Longbow, 22kHornet, 160user, 2500HD, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,741
Posts18,495,096
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.