Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm using the Hanwag yukons I got from STP with a 45% off code for @ $154 and I like them so much I ordered a second pair ! The yukons are the Alaskans without goretex. I'm with evan hill on the no goretex in an all leather boot. So much more dryer which leads to less foot problems. If you happen to wear size 12.5 med STP still has them. If not I would still get the Alaskans from lanthrop and sons and I would also get the footbeds from them also. The beds in the Alaskans are not much and I don't think they are meant to be used. They are just there for sizing but are thin and hard and need to go right away. When the two pair I have are done I will spend the money for some new ones at full price and thats saying a lot because I'm a cheap SOB!

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Another vote for the Meindl Alaskan Hunter boots. I'm going to get another pair this year and replace my current ones that I'm using. They gave me many good seasons!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I also picked up the Hanwag Yukon from STP for $142 after all the discounts. I think I got the last pair of size 15 because I went back to buy another pair after I decided that they fit and they were gone. I also ordered the Montrail Enduro 6mm heat moldable footbeds. I had to trim the insoles for width. I'm very happy with the combination and the way they're fitting. I put two coats of Snow Seal on them before I put them on.

I wore them out in the foot of snow we just had sledding with the kids. OR Crocodile gators were worn to keep the snow out of the top. Feet stayed bone dry and were never cold. Socks are the Costco brand merino wool.

I did have to experiment with lacing to get the heel lock I wanted without a pressure point on my left foot at the ankle flex point. Something like this worked out. http://www.backpacker.com/gear/5245?page=3. This trick might let me salvage a pair of Asolo boots that never fit quite right that I picked up for $15 at a REI members garage sale.

Besides the trip in the snow, I've had them on in the office just to break them in a little before hitting a trail. My feet though warm are not overheated and not at all damp while wearing them inside.

For the OP, the Kenetreks were on my list, but I couldn't pass on the deal for the Hanwag. My hunting buddy did get a pair of the Kenetrek Mountain Extreem 400g insulated and is very happy with them as well. Only one season in them though so no comment on durability yet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Check out this older thread. I'm a huge fan of the Beartooth's and in general Schnee's and their guarantee - you simply cannot miss!

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7000415/1

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 61 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,618
Posts18,511,844
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.