Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M

Colorado State Legislature Moving Forward with Gun Control Bills
Saturday, February 16, 2013 by Richard Abramson
Yesterday the Colorado House passed four new gun control bills on voice votes. The official vote will happen on Monday.

There are a series of town hall meetings (see below) this weekend that you can participate in and let your voice be heard. You can also contact your representatives and let them know how you view the proposed legislation.

Here are summaries of the 4 bills. It is our position that none of these bills will have any significant impact on violent crime and will only infringe the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens.

� HB-1224: Bans all magazines that hold more than 15 rounds.

� HB-1226: Bans armed self-defense on college campuses; expanding criminal safe-zones to all state college and university campuses.

� HB-1228: Imposes a Jim Crow-style gun tax on all purchases. This legislation has no limit on the amount the CBI could charge for a background check.

� HB-1229: Bans the private sale of firearms and institutes universal background checks / gun registration for all Colorado gun owners.

What can you do? We have some suggestions for you.

First � Please contact your State Representative TODAY, and politely remind them that you are watching how they vote. Urge them to vote NO on HB-1224, HB-1226, HB-1228 and HB-1229. Your State Representatives can be found here.

Second � There will be a series of Town Hall meetings starting today. Show up and let your voice be heard. Be respectful and polite while you exercise your First Amendment right to protect your Second Amendment right. Here is a list of the town hall meetings.

Cherry Hills Village:

Town Hall Meeting with Rep. Daniel Kagan
Cherry Hills Village Community Center, 2460 East Quincy Ave, Cherry Hills Village, Colorado 80113
Monday, Feb. 18, 2013 from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.

Denver:

Town hall Meeting with Representative Pabon and Senator Guzman
The Puppet House, 3156 W. 38th Avenue, Denver, CO 80211
Saturday, February 16, 9am-11:30am

Colorado Health Care & Immigration Reform w/ Senator Aguilar
First Universalist Church of Denver, 4100 E. Hampden Ave, Denver, CO 80113
Sunday, February 17, 12:30pm � 2:00pm

Fort Collins:

Community Conversation with Representatives Fischer and Ginal Senator Kefalas
Genoa Coffee & Wine, 2614 S. Timberline Road, #104, Ft. Collins, CO 80525
Saturday, February 16, 9-10am

Golden:

Golden Town Hall Meeting with Senator Nicholson
Golden City Hall, 911 10th Street, Golden, CO 80401
Sat, February 16, 10am � 12pm

Greeley:

Town hall Meeting with Representative Young
North Range Behavioral Health Administration Building, 1300 North 17th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631
Saturday, Feb. 16, 10:00 a.m. to Noon

Leadville:

Town hall Meeting with Representative Hamner
Leadville Colorado Mountain College, 901 South Hwy 24, Leadville, CO 80461
Saturday Feb. 16, 2013 from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Pueblo:

Community Conversation with Senator Giron
Rawlings Library, 100 East Abriendo, Pueblo, CO
Saturday, February 16, 10:00am � 11:30am

Superior:

Superior Town Hall w/ Senator Nicholson
Superior Town Hall Building, 124 East Coal Creek Drive, Superior, CO 80027
Saturday, February 16, 2pm � 4pm

Westminster:

Town hall Meeting w/Representative Reniston and Senators Ulibarri & Tochtrop
Ciancio's, 9650 Sheridan Blvd., Westminster, CO 80219
Saturday, February 16, 10:00am � 10:30am

Town hall Meeting w/Representative Kraft-Tharp and Senator Hudak
Covenant Village, 9153 Yarrow Street, Westminster, CO 80021
Saturday, February 16, 10:30am � 12:00pm

Community Conversation w/Senators Tochtrop & Ulibarri
Ciancio's, 9650 Sheridan Blvd, Westminster, CO 80219
Sat, February 16, 6:00pm � 6:30pm

Third � Contact your state and federal representatives and let your voice be heard. Here are two options that will allow you to accomplish this quickly and easily.

� NRA-ILA - Write your Representatives.

� Ruger � Take Action Now!

� Colorado General Assembly � Find Phone Numbers Here.

Get involved this weekend and let your voice be heard!

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I can't believe this is happening in Colorado. I have a job interview there in a few weeks - how ridiculous that I'll have to list this as a potential deal breaker!

Colorado residents, where are all the replies on this thread about the action you'll be taking to defend yourselves!?!

Psuedo-Random Number Generator: 6.8 .338 .375 .45
Psuedo-Random Truck Generator: V8 Toyota w/ Overland Warehouse - Torsen - BFGoodrich
Go out and get it.
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I wondered that too? On other forums this thread had 5 pages of responses.

Next step will be all guns registered. It's the only way they can keep track of all gun sales.

Last edited by Mauser_Hunter; 02/20/13.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Magpul has said they will be leaving the state now. Hope no one here looses their job. This is all part of the master plan. One by one they all go down.

As much as that does suck not being able to have mags over 15, here in NY they are going to limit us to 7 rounds and not allow us to hand down firearms to our children when we die.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by j1r11
Magpul has said they will be leaving the state now. Hope no one here looses their job. This is all part of the master plan. One by one they all go down.

As much as that does suck not being able to have mags over 15, here in NY they are going to limit us to 7 rounds and not allow us to hand down firearms to our children when we die.

The part where you can't pass your firearms/legacy to your children chaps my arse.

I'm getting madder and madder at all of this shiet.

Mitch

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
IC B2

A
A
Can there really be that many mindless sheep in Colorado? Not only are they taking your freedoms away, but they are taking away your god given right to defend your freedom away. I know there is a lot of good people in Colorado, and I feel sorry for you that you are outnumbered by idiots.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by alaskaplumber
Can there really be that many mindless sheep in Colorado? Not only are they taking your freedoms away, but they are taking away your god given right to defend your freedom away. I know there is a lot of good people in Colorado, and I feel sorry for you that you are outnumbered by idiots.

+1

From Drudge:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/01/popular-standard-shotgun-could-be-banned-under-proposed-bill/
DENVER (CBS4) � A popular hunting shotgun could be banned under one of the bills moving through the state Capitol.

"A pump or semi-automatic shotgun is the gun most hunters in Colorado use. It�s a gun state Sen. Greg Brophy, R-Wray, says could be banned under a bill that�s already passed the House and Gov. John Hickenlooper says he�ll sign."

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
You know I feel there is a serious issue here for all gun owners. This post needs to be shared throughout this board and on some of the other topics, not just here under the 2nd ammendment. The reason for this is that not everybody reads every forum, and without these rights these forums wont have any users. I almost think the mods could make an exception and share this great information with the un-informed public. To get the word out. People try to stay ignorant to the facts, they dont want any waves......the problem is they wont see the waves coming before its too late. This is not just Colorado, this is a serious issue for the whole USA.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Gov has only been listening to the Libtards on the eastern slope...Denver, Boulder, etc... Hickenlooper has ignored the promises of the major companys such as Magpul , The Sportsman channel, and others that will relocate to other states if the legislation is passed. This means for CO, we will loose MULTI MILLIONS in revenue and loose hundereds of jobs! CO is not alone in this fight, many other states are in the same boat...so if you are not fighting for your 2nd amendment rights you should be!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Getting more stupid - regulators there were already doing dumb things on the land use front

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
They've added two more bills they're trying to pass.The last one is insane.

HB 1224: Bans magazines with a capacity of more than 15 bullets. Magazines owned prior to the ban can be kept but cannot be transferred or sold.

HB 1226: Prohibits concealed carry on public college campuses.

HB 1228: Charges fees for background checks.

HB 1229: Requires a background check to be conducted by a licensed firearms dealer before any sale or transfer of a firearm. �Transfer� includes lending a firearm to a friend or family member on a temporary basis.

SB 195: Requires concealed carry permit applicants to complete training in-person.

SB 196: Makes users, owners, sellers, distributors, and manufacturers of firearms liable for harm caused by any firearm that was under their control at one point in time, but is later misused by someone else.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter

SB 196: Makes users, owners, sellers, distributors, and manufacturers of firearms liable for harm caused by any firearm that was under their control at one point in time, but is later misused by someone else.

So when do they start holding breweries and distilleries accountable for drunk drivers?

Idiots.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Between Coors and Busch,the tax and spend bunch will never cross the aisle to that "Piggy Bank" or even threaten it. The money generated by them is a grand percentage of the entire state budget.
I AM GREATLY surprised,however,that the deep-seated "good-'ol boys at Coors didn't step up to the plate when it came to defending against this encroachment. Not to mention losing the MagPul bunch either... something is afoot in Colorado, and from what I saw when I lived there, I suspect the California influx has a ton to do with it all..

History is my teacher: VietNam was my lesson.!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Brother....1229 really puts a KINK in shows and private sales... Makes Oklahoma and Texas look better all the time.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
The Calif. influx is pretty strong, makes a person wonder who's voting for these morons.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks for the info... Glad to see that there are still a few in Colorado that don't like Kool-aid.!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
HiViz Shooting Systems Announces Relocation Plans

April 1, 2013, Fort Collins, CO�HiViz Shooting Systems (a division of North Pass Ltd.), announces plans to relocate operations out of the state of Colorado due to recent changes in Colorado state gun control legislation. HiViz President and CEO, Phillip Howe, states that talks are currently under way with officials of a neighboring state regarding the move.

Mr. Howe comments, �I make this announcement with mixed emotions. Colorado is a beautiful state with great people, but we cannot in clear conscience support with our taxes a state that has proven through recent legislation a willingness to infringe upon the constitutional rights of our customer base.� Mr. Howe notes that prior to the changes in law in Colorado, he made several attempts to persuade state officials via emails and telephone calls to proceed slowly with gun control legislation that would impact individual shooters and the shooting industry as a whole.

Although the relocation will be expensive and time consuming, he adds, �It is in the best interest of our company and our customers.� Starting with corporate headquarters, the operations will be moved over an extended period of time ensuring no interruption of services to its customer base, and HiViz states that the majority of its employees will make the move with the corporate operations. More details regarding the location and timing of the relocation will be announced as details are finalized.

HiViz Shooting Systems manufactures light-gathering sights, recoil pads and accessories for the shooting industry. For more information, contact Jeff Maust, Marketing Director at (970) 484-8242 or jlmaustfrii.com.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Good luck and good show sticking to your convictions. I am sure one has to choose what is best for everyone involved. I had such a choice when I left San Diego in 2000 as I would not give in to the whims of the state about my choice in firearms. I moved to San Diego when I joined the Marines and stayed. Not being from there it was not hard to pull up stakes and move back to Arkansas. I gave up a great position and lots of friends but, I don't regret it, and sure you wont either. God Bless you and your company.

Semper Fi USMC/0331
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

410 members (160user, 1Longbow, 204guy, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,445
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.