-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got a good deal on a WM Antelope for my wife and I a couple years ago from Eastern Mountain Sports. That's still the only place I've seen them on sale.

It's a great bag, and worlds above the MH 20 degree bag I had.

I got one of Kevin T's Draft Dodger quilts made by Enlightened Equipment last week and have one night under it so far. I'm gonna love that for warmer weather.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I ended up getting a revalation quilt. Havn't had a night under it but its coming up!!!

life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who THREATEN it!!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I can suggest not purchasing the Cat's Meow from NorthFace. On at least three occassions the bag has left me cold and shivering. The bag is rated 20f and each time the temps were above the rating by 10 degrees easily.

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go

Oscar Wilde~~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Adk_BackCountry
I can suggest not purchasing the Cat's Meow from NorthFace. On at least three occassions the bag has left me cold and shivering. The bag is rated 20f and each time the temps were above the rating by 10 degrees easily.

Either you sleep very cold, or you left the bag stuffed in a stuff sack for a prolonged period and destroyed your bags' loft. If that is the case, you deserve to freeze.

That or they just don't make 'em like they used to. The NF Cat's Meow was the first (and one of the few) to have actually been tested and certified on the Hatick Lab's "brass man".

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have a NF Snowshoe 0 and Cats Meow 20 and love them both. 20 bag for Sept and 0 for October.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't expect to ever get in a "real" mummy bag again. After using a Western Mountaineering semi-rectangular (got 3 now) I'm pretty much done with being burrito filler.

My only two remaining "mummy" bags are pretty spacious. Even at that I often sleep with them unzipped more as a quilt than a bag.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I was looking for a good sleeping too when I came across this post. There seems to be a lot of good info here. If anyone has a good quality sleeping bag in good shape they would want to sell PM me. I'm not really a backpacker so lightweight is not that important. I just want a good sleeping bag for once. I'm tired of these cheapos. I would prefer a rectangle shaped one. Thanks.

Last edited by troutslayer; 05/20/13.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Nobody has a good bag they want to get rid of? See above post.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
If wieght isn't an issue..... It is hard to beat the military sleep system. Have you looked at those? I have two sets and i have used them to 0 Deg's a ton. There just bulky and heavy.

I think i seen some on ebay for around $50.

life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who THREATEN it!!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Takea look at the Wiggy's Ultra or Superlight sleeping bags, tem ratings are different for both but they are both very good bags. Not the lightest out there but the temp ratings are spot on and they are roomy.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'll check both of those options. Thanks.

John Wayne
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Ordered a Wiggy's last week. It's the 0 degree bag called the Hunter Superlite. Also got a pair of their pack boots for $50 bucks when I ordered a sleeping bag -- and all free shipping. Hopefully I'll like both of them.

John Wayne
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (2500HD, 160user, 222ND, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,608
Posts18,511,652
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.