-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Vote is a Defiance. Own them and would highly recommend them.

If ya like detachable bottom metal, I'd go with the APA LA BM.

https://www.americanprecisionarms.c.../redesigned-trigger-guard-rtg-la-rtg-la/

great mag release system that is part of the trigger guard.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by dave7mm

Seekens if you like playing army man.

dave

dude that is funny right there.

smile grin

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Bump

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by busterhindend
I just received a Defiance rebel this week
So I hope it's a nice one

[Linked Image]

what bolt nose did you get , flat, recessed or cone?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bea175
I just received a Defiance rebel this week
So I hope it's a nice one

[Linked Image]

what bolt nose did you get , flat, recessed or cone?

This action is going on a repeater, so Mike at Defiance suggested a recessed bolt nose and that is what I went with.

Other specifics about this action include, extended threads for longer tendon, Sako extractor, Heavy Remington Tang, Extra Deep bolt flutes, Tactical knob, and the Picatinny rail installed by Defiance.

Obviously, it is not on a complete rifle at this point, but I also received one of Bighorn's new actions ( I have two of the older models) and feel that the Bighorn is smoother. However, I will wait for final opinion after the rifle has been built and I can shoot it. But I'm really a huge fan of Bighorn.

Bighorn that is to be a 6.5 x 47 Lapua built by Jon Beanland
Just waiting on stock to arrive to send parts to Jon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by busterhindend; 02/21/13.

Michael Jordan once told me that no one likes name droppers.

I would like to give a shout out to sidewalks for keeping me off the streets
IC B2

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
The Bighorn actions are a neat design,with the floating bolt head, what does yours weigh? What are the differences between your older models and the newest version?

Jon seems to do alot of builds on Bighorns, have you talked to him about his thoughts on these actions?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
The Bighorn actions are a neat design,with the floating bolt head, what does yours weigh? What are the differences between your older models and the newest version?

Jon seems to do alot of builds on Bighorns, have you talked to him about his thoughts on these actions?

I'm not sure what it weighs, I'll have to get back to you on that

Main differences are;
* built in recoil lug
* one piece bolt handle
* the holes for scope bases have been moved slightly back for allowing the scope to be moved closer to the rear
* Per AJ, there was a difference in overall length from his sporter and tactical models. The new ones have the exact foot print of the surgeon actions

Jon Beanland has probably built more rifles on Bighorn than anyone. He prefers Bighorn and builds his own rifles on Bighorn, so obviously he really likes them. I was talking to him yesterday telling him when my barrel was to arrive and he was telling me he is about ready to be himself a rifle with this new action. It is my understanding that he prefers these over all others. I know I really like them a lot. I have another one on order from AJ.

Here is my 6 X 47 Lapua that Jon built for me on a Bighorn
[Linked Image]

Here is a .223 AI built on a Bighorn
[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm thinking i ordering a Left Hand Single Shot to build me a 220 Swift on, but haven't decided what action i want to use. I have been looking at a Stiller Predator LH Single Shot, but these actions are making me have second thoughts .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bea175
I'm thinking i ordering a Left Hand Single Shot to build me a 220 Swift on, but haven't decided what action i want to use. I have been looking at a Stiller Predator LH Single Shot, but these actions are making me have second thoughts .

I have two rifles built on Stiller Predator actions and although nice, I prefer the Bighorn and Defiance over them

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

I'm not sure what it weighs, I'll have to get back to you on that

Main differences are;
* built in recoil lug
* one piece bolt handle
* the holes for scope bases have been moved slightly back for allowing the scope to be moved closer to the rear
* Per AJ, there was a difference in overall length from his sporter and tactical models. The new ones have the exact foot print of the surgeon actions

Jon Beanland has probably built more rifles on Bighorn than anyone. He prefers Bighorn and builds his own rifles on Bighorn, so obviously he really likes them. I was talking to him yesterday telling him when my barrel was to arrive and he was telling me he is about ready to be himself a rifle with this new action. It is my understanding that he prefers these over all others. I know I really like them a lot. I have another one on order from AJ.

Here is my 6 X 47 Lapua that Jon built for me on a Bighorn
[Linked Image]

Here is a .223 AI built on a Bighorn
[Linked Image]

you tire of the 6x47, let me know grin

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

I have two rifles built on Stiller Predator actions and although nice, I prefer the Bighorn and Defiance over them

I have had Stiller and Defiance and my Defiance actions are smoother. But my Nesikas are better than my Defiance are, tied with BAT at the top of my list.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

314 members (2UP, 160user, 06hunter59, 264mag, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 24 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,783
Posts18,536,179
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.