Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
They should fill the testing center with kids from our schools and kids from schools from other countries and compare scores and then you will see how well kids coming from ours education system can complete in the world job markets .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The kids from other countries would come from a pool that has already been weeded of those who have shown that they are not going to be successful in school.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 5sdad
The kids from other countries would come from a pool that has already been weeded of those who have shown that they are not going to be successful in school.

All the "graduates" need is the government welfare form.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

This is VERY true. There are a lot of points you can argue on this but something to consider when comparing us to other countries:
1. Other countries spend their time/effort/$ on the brightest.
2. We spend out time/effort/$ on the dullest.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

That is the whole point , you can't fix stupid no matter how hard you try.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is one [bleep] up town!

Needs to burn again.....Quick somebody spook the cow....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was in grad school a good while back there was an article in the school newspaper that a reading test had been given to the graduating Ed majors. The average reading level was the 6th GRADE. Considering how the system has progressed I doubt it is any better.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

This is VERY true. There are a lot of points you can argue on this but something to consider when comparing us to other countries:
1. Other countries spend their time/effort/$ on the brightest.
2. We spend out time/effort/$ on the dullest.

Kids in other countries are hungry, they want to learn even if it's from a teacher writing on a blackboard. Our kids go to school expecting to be entertained. Its play time with iPods and smart phones. They spend more time texting one another or trying to goad the teacher into something they can post on YouTube than paying attention. Even if a student wants to learn it's difficult to pay attention in this atmosphere. Its not all the teachers fault we need to provide them with a good student. In this country it has become "cool" to be stupid.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
I wonder how many want their brain surgeon to nevah have had ta take them pesky tests.

Their doctors will all be from India.

And working directly for the government...

The three biggest problems with the education system, in no particular order, are curriculum, unions, students, and parenting.

You can't make snow out of horseshit.
Road apples are no substitute for snowballs. smile

Last edited by Archerhunter; 02/18/13.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Go you one better.
Why even have mandatory k-12 ?
The public school system in this country is for the teachers/administrstors and support systems (read: unions) benefit and anybody who thinks otherwise is just ignorant.
I would love to get these leeches off my resl estate taxes!

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by BobinNH
All I can say is, todays students and graduates are some of the dumbest, ill-educated people I have ever run into....what they don't know would fill volumes.

A lot of folks agree with this. These "tests" are something the schools now teach specifically for...at the exception of anything else. Maybe a good look should be taken at the tests as well as the teaching.

I know I would hate to have my pay tied to how well a student did on a test. A teacher may work as hard as they can, explain material, provide all the information needed, give perfect instruction...but they can't make a student e it or apply it...or even turn their work in.

How many "bad apples" in the CTU?
I'd say the whole barrel is rotten.
Get rid of mandatory k-12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, up the standard to remove the idiots

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, but teaching is an ART and beauty is in the eye of the beholden!
Flip me heinie. Wow.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have heard this sort of rubbish before, what it boils down to is that if the children are not being failed...neither are the teachers.

Just another way of ensuring job security.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Standardized testing IS absolute crap. Didn't read the thread but if people don't know, as the push for standardized testing has continued, the ADHD 'epidemic' has spread.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
The epidemic has, evidently, reached this thread

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JustOneGunner
Standardized testing IS absolute crap. Didn't read the thread but if people don't know, as the push for standardized testing has continued, the ADHD 'epidemic' has spread.

actually, no parents that dont want to be parents is why ADHD has "spread".....i know of only one kid that actually, truly has ADHD, and its a friend of mines boy.....spend a weekend with that kid around both him and his parents and you will be a believer in ADHD, however you will also see just how uncommon the real deal is cause you actually arent gonna run across many kids like him....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
There's a lot of AWDD around.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
There is a lot of ADHD around this country and they are called Democrat Voters

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bet half the teachers can't pass the test

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

408 members (117LBS, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 48 invisible), 2,845 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,445
Posts18,528,730
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.