Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You can't make this stuff up....

LINK

Let �Em Rip: Study Finds Passengers Passing Gas Mid-Flight Healthy

CHARLOTTE (CBS Charlotte) � Hopefully the TSA will now allow passengers to bring gas masks on board flights.

A new study finds that breaking wind while one is flying is healthy and recommended.

AFP reports that Danish gastroenterologist Jacob Rosenberg got the idea for the study after dealing with flatulence from several passengers during a flight from Copenhagen to Tokyo.

�(Holding back) holds significant drawbacks for the individual, such as discomfort and even pain, bloating, dyspepsia (indigestion), pyrosis (heartburn) just to name but a few resulting abdominal symptoms,� the study stated.

Despite giving the all-clear for passengers to �just let it go,� researchers warned that pilots shouldn�t let one rip while in the cockpit.

�On the one hand, if the pilot restrains a fart, all the drawbacks previously mentioned, including impaired concentration, may affect his abilities to control the plane,� researchers said in the study, according to AFP. �On the other hand, if he lets go of the fart, his co-pilot may be affected by its odor, which again reduces safety onboard the flight.�

The study suggests that to deal with the smell of a passenger passing gas mid-flight, airlines should use charcoal to deal with the air up there.

�We humbly propose that active charcoal should be embedded in the seat cushion, since this material is able to neutralize the odor,� researchers stated.

The study also found that the average person passes gas up to 10 times a day and that a woman�s fart smells worse than a man�s.

The study was published in the New Zealand Medical Journal last Friday.

I just wonder if he was able to get federal funding for this study...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
"The study also found that the average person passes gas up to 10 times a day and that a woman�s fart smells worse than a man�s."

Every married man already knew this, and of course, somehow its our fault

Last edited by KFWA; 02/21/13.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Healthiest thing I can imagine, individually, collectively, and environmentally, is to bottle them up and send to Al Gore.

I'm thinking iron lung him and pipe strait to his nostrils.
Lay the tubes in the groove ready made from his years with a coke tooter in there. Should be a perfect fit.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope Doc sees this and doesn't gas his flight instructor. grin

�On the one hand, if the pilot restrains a fart, all the drawbacks previously mentioned, including impaired concentration, may affect his abilities to control the plane,� researchers said in the study, according to AFP. �On the other hand, if he lets go of the fart, his co-pilot may be affected by its odor, which again reduces safety onboard the flight.�

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My brothers and I are damn healthy individuals. sick laugh

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, chit - I mean don't, I mean, pass the cabbage please.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Far ago and long away, when I was in flight school, we learned this in the altitude chamber. The more air they pump out of the chamber - mimicking higher altitude - the more uncomfortable your gut became because of the pressure difference. At some point, there's no way you can hold it in. And with 20 guys in there, it darn near turns the air green. Fortunately, you are all wearing oxygen masks...

When I was instructing in the T-37, which is an unpressurized jet, passing a lot of gas on every mission was as normal as breathing. At 18,000 feet, half of the atmosphere is below you, so if you didn't release gas, you'd literally look pregnant.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like a possible good use for Scent loc.

Last edited by Hoyt; 02/21/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And Lysol - a lot of it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
While keeping the soul healthy, nothing like keeping the body healthy also.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My fiance swears that there is something wrong with me. If the average person farts 10 times a day, than I am finally above average in something! I bet I fart 10 times before lunch on most days!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
and yet she is still willing to marry you!

hang on to that one

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The key to a good marriage is the dutch oven test. If she still loves you after a dutch oven, then she's a keeper....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Jeezeee. I'm going to live to be 100 if this is true.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's to good health, and longevity -

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had altitude chamber training maybe 4-5 times in my AF career, they always emphasized to us to "just let 'er rip" grin. This is like 35-40 years ago so the news item isn't really news, athough the people who did the study probably made a good chunk of change from some grant or other.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
"The study also found that the average person passes gas up to 10 times a day and that a woman�s fart smells worse than a man�s."

Every married man already knew this, and of course, somehow its our fault

my wife has actually gotten the mini dachshund to not only come boiling from off and under the covers but she left the room.....i have yet to succeed in doing that, i hang my head in shame.....

Last edited by rattler; 02/21/13.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
DANG it.. I'm bummed it's related to flying only.. I was going to send this link over to the wife's email at work.. She keeps yowling about the smell of farts in the bedroom when she retires an hour+ after I do..

Now she keeps a can of GLADE nearby... (seriously).. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
�We humbly propose that active charcoal should be embedded in the seat cushion, since this material is able to neutralize the odor,� researchers stated.

If this is true, then why can I still make my eyes water while wearing my Scent Blocker suit in the bow stand?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 60 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,934
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.