Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CAPITALIST
Okay, a follow up question, then; can I purchase these guns in the name of my business? (my company is in, ironically, real estate, so I don't purchase too many homes in my name and be labelled a "broker") These are definitely being purchased solely for the investment purposes much like I would invest in gold.

Can a company own guns?

guns are like any other piece of property.

Best place it can be is in a place it owns itself and doesn't know you from Adam.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rifle
ATF just got a guy in my town selling AK's out of this trunk and he's gone for 5 years..they were also trying to tie him with some smuggling charges,but I guess they didn't connect on that one and took the five in the big house...

What were the charges? Selling a privately owned rifle is very legal.

They charged him with selling without a license,he reportedly picked up 13-14 AK's in about 10 days time at one shop at one time.He had bought them from a distributor and had several dealers doing transfers for him.I think the total was well over 30,spread out over a couple of dealers in NC and SC.They really think he was shipping out of the country

Nothing illegal there.

They really think he was shipping out of the country

He was imprisoned for what they "think"?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A "license" is a legal binding tax set up by Federal,state or local governments,you can always choose how to carry on your business,until you get caught.It's there to protect people who have made an investment and run a legitament company.

This young man is now a Felon with a record and I'm guessing an experience from prison he'll never forget...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by rifle
ATF just got a guy in my town selling AK's out of this trunk and he's gone for 5 years..they were also trying to tie him with some smuggling charges,but I guess they didn't connect on that one and took the five in the big house...

What were the charges? Selling a privately owned rifle is very legal.

They charged him with selling without a license,he reportedly picked up 13-14 AK's in about 10 days time at one shop at one time.He had bought them from a distributor and had several dealers doing transfers for him.I think the total was well over 30,spread out over a couple of dealers in NC and SC.They really think he was shipping out of the country

Nothing illegal there.

They really think he was shipping out of the country

He was imprisoned for what they "think"?
dude,I'm reciting what was in the newspaper,a lot of talk around town about it.I'm sure there's more to the story than what was printed.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not my style... sorry.

Last edited by GeoW; 02/24/13.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Whats the big deal? Put 2 in your name, 2 in your wifes name, 1 in your brothers name ect ect. But first, quit telling the whole world about it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do private sales and skip the dealers, no one os none the wiser.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try this...best I could get out of their archives... chief..

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/01/28/3814375/charlotte-gun-trafficking-case.html

Doug Miller and Gary L. Wright
dmillercharlotteobserver.

Don Ingram, store manager of Carolina Sporting Arms, and others at the store alerted federal agents to a customer who bought suspicious quantities of assault rifles. JOHN D. SIMMONS - jsimmonscharlotteobserver.com
Buy Photo | Store

What happened to Michael Beas illustrates how current gun laws worked well � or how flawed they really are.

For six months last year, Beas bought dozens of assault weapons and sold them without a license at gun shows in Georgia and the Carolinas, court records show. He sold parts for 12 .50-caliber weapons in a hotel parking lot off Interstate 85 in Charlotte. He frequently traveled to Bolivia, a nation with a history of gun trafficking.

But authorities captured Beas, Beas has agreed to plead guilty to dealing firearms without a license, a crime punishable by up to five years in prison. He is scheduled to enter his plea on Wednesday in federal court in Charlotte.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ng-case.html#disqus_thread#storylink=cpy

Come on America,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Your dealer will file an ATF form 3310.12"

Why?

Those forms are specifically for dealers in four Southern border states... MI is not one of them...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
"Your dealer will file an ATF form 3310.12"

Why?

Those forms are specifically for dealers in four Southern border states... MI is not one of them...

I didn't catch that, sorry. Of course they won't be doing that in the few states in the very near future. Can't really justify that. To make it fair they will do it in all states. I'd say within the next 12 months.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
But authorities captured Beas, 33, only after employees at a Charlotte gun store grew suspicious of his large AK-47 purchases and voluntarily tipped off federal agents.

�There�s really nothing wrong with buying a lot of guns,� said Carolina Sporting Arms salesman Phil Reynolds. �We just thought it was very strange to have that many guns of that type.�

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...-gun-trafficking-case.html#storylink=cpy

Sounds like people to avoid. The ones that snitch to the Feds

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smithwr
Whats the big deal? Put 2 in your name, 2 in your wifes name, 1 in your brothers name ect ect. But first, quit telling the whole world about it.

Since I haven't actually DONE anything, there's nothing to tell the world about. I'm just here on the 'fire putting up hypotheticals of a sound investment. But if I DID choose to follow through, the advice from here could be quite useful... including putting one in each of my family member's names.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"Normal" isn't coming back; Jesus is!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wildbill59
But authorities captured Beas, 33, only after employees at a Charlotte gun store grew suspicious of his large AK-47 purchases and voluntarily tipped off federal agents.

�There�s really nothing wrong with buying a lot of guns,� said Carolina Sporting Arms salesman Phil Reynolds. �We just thought it was very strange to have that many guns of that type.�

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...-gun-trafficking-case.html#storylink=cpy

Sounds like people to avoid. The ones that snitch to the Feds
See something say something.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
This could be called straw purchasing. And you can bet, since these posts, they already know who you are and where you live. Leave the gun dealing to gun dealers.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i'd buy em' and not give it another thought. i bought 7 ruger lcp's to give a Christmas presents and haven't had a visit yet. no atf folks are going to visit at this point. however, if by some extreme chance any legislation gets passed making the purchase of more than one or two in a given amount of time illegal, then a visit might be possible. i wouldn't worry.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Know a guy who recently was requested to come to a office 150 miles from where he lived for an interview concerning his purchase of thirty cases of 223 on his credit card.He seemed to thing the alert somehow was made through the credit card co. I was amazed that he submitted to their request to make the trip. Wooled him around and told him not to be re-selling it.Think the ammo seller might have tipped them? Makes you wonder. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
purchase of thirty cases of 223

Since this guy probably isn't a reloader I hope you are being a great friend and scavenging his brass.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kennyd
This could be called straw purchasing. And you can bet, since these posts, they already know who you are and where you live. Leave the gun dealing to gun dealers.

Nope......what the original poster asked about is NOT a straw purchase.......look up the legal definition.......

Cancer Sucks
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Know a guy who recently was requested to come to a office 150 miles from where he lived for an interview concerning his purchase of thirty cases of 223 on his credit card.He seemed to thing the alert somehow was made through the credit card co. I was amazed that he submitted to their request to make the trip. Wooled him around and told him not to be re-selling it.Think the ammo seller might have tipped them? Makes you wonder. GW

I'd tell em to [bleep] themselves.. there isn't a law anywhere that I know of, that says you can't buy X amount of ammo and then if desired sell it again. Its not, at this time, regulated to taht extent.

Want to ask? Come on by...

More to this story too I"d bet.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (160user, 16penny, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,489
Posts18,490,354
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.