-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I was looking into a spot and stalk bear hunt in Montanna and this is one of the outfitters that came up in my search. His prices seem reasonable, just curious if anybody had any experience with him.
Thanks

If we lose freedom here there is nowhere to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted by Steelhead

who gives a [bleep] about the stuff that goes wrong

Tough to be pissed when God gives you dogs

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't know the man personally, but at least one of my clients has hunted with him. He's been around a while. He has a reputation for fair-chase hunting.

I'm sure a spot-and-stalk spring black bear hunt with him or one of his assistant guides would be a good investment.

If you contact him, ask for a list of unsuccessful references, too. You'll get a little better view of things when talking to unsuccessful clients.

I know that the potential clients who contact me, are very appreciative when I send unsuccessful references to them. It kind of gives a broader picture of things, in general.

Best wishes to you on your upcoming hunt.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The caretaker on one of the farms I hunted on hunted with him, he spoke very highly of Rick. He shot a beautiful reddish blond bear, it wasn't the biggest bear there but certainly the prettiest. One thing the caretaker said that hunting with Rick reminded him of boot camp, apparently they hiked a lot during their spot and stalk hunt. I hope this helps.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U

I hunted with him 6 years ago.

I did a spring bear hunt, straight out the gate I told him that I wanted a colour phase (chocolate) bear and that I wasnt interested in a "Black" bear ( this is the reason I chose his area of MT). I couldnt have been happier, he did everything that was possible to get a bear, we walked LOTS which wasnt a big deal we glassed lots from the truck we tried lots of different drains, we saw elk,moose, deer, turkey etc. I got my bear at 3pm on the last day of the hunt it wasnt the biggest bear but how he managed to see it in the first place from so far away and then get us to the correct valley from probably more than a mile away I will never know but he did.
When he`s not guiding he runs or did run a back country guide school.

He`s one of the good ones

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Great to hear, I will be giving him a try this year or next.

If we lose freedom here there is nowhere to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted by Steelhead

who gives a [bleep] about the stuff that goes wrong

Tough to be pissed when God gives you dogs

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

408 members (1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1_deuce, 19rabbit52, 44 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,315
Posts18,526,361
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.