Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I've tryed to be a gun snob all my life. It just doesn't work out. Nothing wrong with it, I just find that four identicle 870's are more important to me than one piece of "art". A friend of mine showed me a 1904 Colt Bisley in mint conditiom with original stag grips, he picked up for $400 Saturday. The gun was stunning, but all I could think of was "Man, I'd love to auction that thing.".

that was a legal robbery right there.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
GB4

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No kidding, and I would shoot hell out of it.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobinNH

The notion that fancy wood stocked rifles, built to hunt,are not great hunting rifles, is incorrect."Pretty" does not mean "fragile".

Well said.

Who gives two chits what the other guy does?
Shoot what you like.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Life's too short, to hunt with an ugly gun.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I hunt woodcock in the Atchafalya Swamp with an English double that was made when Victoria was queen.....slob snob, I guess.

the mud wipes off.

I did same with a British 303 double draped over a muddy and bloody Tennessee Boar, it wipes off fine. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Recently, one of my friends profoundly announced that there are two types of "gun nuts"..."gun slobs and gun snobs". I personally care only about a weapons performance, and don't appreciate fancy stuff at all. That makes me a slob.

Which are you?

I think the friend was terribly wrong to try to lump all gun owners and gun users in those two categories and I reject any attempt to label most people with either of those two somewhat derogatory terms.

We all own firearms of different types for different reasons and for different uses. It is impossible to describe all those differences by those two terms.

I shoot CAS with a Parker, a 32-20 Marlin made in 1895, and some Ruger Vaqueros.

I hunt turkeys with either an A.H. Fox 3" double or a SBE.

I hunt coyotes with either a black rifle or a pre-64 M70.

I have a "black" 870 and a Mini 30 in the cab of one of my tractors but often carry a Colt SAA in 44-40 when on a different tractor.

Labels often do not describe reality very well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eyeball
Life's too short, to hunt with an ugly gun.

amen to that. Last time I brought home a plastic stocked rifle, wifey said "you got enough of those ugly rifles, bring home some pretty ones".
I got rainy day guns and pretty day guns but I don't try to ruin any of them...

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ugly guns need love too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
slonob i guess, all are antiques, even me .Nothing newer than 1972 most from 1902 to 1928 then from 1929 to 55 with a few dribbles in the 60s 70s. Have to protect a few in the safe you know grin

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I've tryed to be a gun snob all my life. It just doesn't work out. Nothing wrong with it, I just find that four identicle 870's are more important to me than one piece of "art". A friend of mine showed me a 1904 Colt Bisley in mint conditiom with original stag grips, he picked up for $400 Saturday. The gun was stunning, but all I could think of was "Man, I'd love to auction that thing.".

that was a legal robbery right there.

He owns a pawn shop, and has over 200 old Colt single actions. If for nothing else, that would be a good reason to have a shop in rural Texas.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
has over 200 old Colt single actions.

If he owns 'em, he has no need to work.

If has 'em, and is workin' towards ownin' 'em - I have zip ties he can have. There are reasons.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No...he owns them. He's been collecting them, and silver coins, for 40 years. I meen COLLECT too. All he does is complain about being poor and will not get rid of any of them! smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by JSTUART
What hypocrisy...the man shoots and is posting on a shooters site.

...are you sure you don't have your panties in a twist?

no but you do wink you apparently don't pay attention or maybe you are a liberal from Australia..........birds of a feather you know.

so, eh76, does this make me a snob, a slob, or a liberal?

It was over 180 yrs old and hunted in rain and snow and all it was was a grocery shopping tool. Worth just under $7k at the time, I don't think anyone has ever accused me of sheltering safe queens.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yup, I think your panties are pretty twisted. laugh laugh

Keep attempting to convince yourself brent. The day you drop the arrogant, look down your nose slant on what yuo choose to hunt with vs what others do I will cut you slack. I don't give a rosy rat's ass what that piece if firewood is worth.

You know something about possessions? And it will affect everyone. Someday they will belong to someone else. No getting around that. You do what you like and let everyone else do the same. Pretty darn simple ....quit being the arrogant ass you always are. Most here can see it. Your groupies don't but that is there problem.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
FWIW I like pretty wood and I like functionality. Lately I will take a good synthetic stock over a wood one for use.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Ugly guns need love too.

They will find it at my place...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With that number of Colts, it's probable he has a few needing zip ties - I'm sure he understands that. And, I celebrate the good fortunes for need of his snobbery (in fact, I'm jealous).

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
As usual, eh, you really can't get over yourself. You had to attack me just to make yourself feel better. I don't care what you or anyone else hunts with, nor did I attack anyone like you have gone after me. But I'm fine with that.

BTW, the double rifle already does belong to someone else. I sold it for a very tidy profit and bought a custom winchester and another Sharps.

Now take another swing. You know you can't resist.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
keep trying to convince yourself brent. Your insecurity is evident to all.

who gives a schit if you sold it and made a "tidy little profit" stating crap like like shows your insecurity.

"You had to attack me just to make yourself feel better.Now take another swing. You know you can't resist."

"attacked you" that is a laugh and then some. call you on you bullshit yes. for a teacher you don't know the definition of attacked. typical liberal exaggeration.

back at you little man wink

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mako25
With that number of Colts, it's probable he has a few needing zip ties - I'm sure he understands that. And, I celebrate the good fortunes for need of his snobbery (in fact, I'm jealous).

lol...he loves to show them off and always wnts me to "feel" the actions, saying "I know I ain't 'sposed to spin 'em, but I can't help myself."...especially the custom shop guns.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
*cringe*

His treasures - he may do as he sees fit!

One day, I'd sure like to beg an intruduction. No arm twistin', not even a hint of any ulterior motives. I'd just like to bask.

*I will offer zip ties however - I know the temptations*

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 71 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,955
Posts18,480,430
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.